Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • biglongspear
    • Oct 2017

not sure if anyone can see this but basically the titanium is loose from the leather on my ccp prosthetics im just wondering if using super glue is a viable option

Last edited by biglongspear; 11-02-2017, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by biglongspear View Post

not sure if anyone can see this but basically the titanium is loose from the leather on my ccp prosthetics im just wondering if using super glue is a viable option
      also all those marks on the titanium, is there any way to remove it?
      I gave mine to the cobbler and he had leather glue and did it for free, I'm speaking of shoes of course
      Originally posted by unwashed
      Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
      Originally posted by Ahimsa
      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• TheInformalGenius
        • Oct 2015

Treated a Yak leather BBS J2 with Safir Lotion.
        After coating the jacket generously with the Safir (mink oil) lotion... the leather has a waxy crisp feel. Will the waxy feeling diminish after the leather absorbs the lotion after a few days?
        After treatment the darkened up a lot, which I️ actually like. The color is Ink and was originally a dark blueish grey color, now it’s more of a Blue/Black.

Comment

• TheInformalGenius
          • Oct 2015

I'm going to attempt to dye a leather jacket from dark grey to black. does anyone know the best kind of dye to use?

Comment

• negroygris
            • Aug 2013

The best dye to use is by Fiebing's. If you want better results you should buy the Fiebing's Pro dye (https://www.amazon.ca/Fiebings-50-20...her%2Bdye&th=1) which has more alcohol and it penetrates quicker and evenly.

You can also use the regular Fiebing's but you might need more. Also, use a circular motion when dying and then an up and down motion as well. Combine the both for better results. Let me know how it goes.

Originally posted by TheInformalGenius View Post
            I'm going to attempt to dye a leather jacket from dark grey to black. does anyone know the best kind of dye to use?
            We hope that people will begin to see beyond the superficial surface of things and understand that there is far more to a design than just the way it looks on the outside.

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

Comment

• TheInformalGenius
              • Oct 2015

Originally posted by negroygris View Post
              The best dye to use is by Fiebing's. If you want better results you should buy the Fiebing's Pro dye (https://www.amazon.ca/Fiebings-50-20...her%2Bdye&th=1) which has more alcohol and it penetrates quicker and evenly.

You can also use the regular Fiebing's but you might need more. Also, use a circular motion when dying and then an up and down motion as well. Combine the both for better results. Let me know how it goes.
              Have you ever dyed any leather with this? The reason i'm asking is because you said it penetrates the leather quicker. I am definitely looking for a dye that will soak into the leather and won't just remain on the surface. Ive seen some DYI leather jobs and some to appear to have a painted look and this is something I definitely don't want.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                • Jul 2013

You might need a deglazer too.

Comment

• 13we2
                  • Sep 2015

One problem I've encountered was the leather would get crisp/hard - veg tan BBS f235 horse. My advice is do a trial with a small unnoticable area of the jacket, and remember you are always running a big risk of ruining your leathers when you DIY them.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Have you ever dyed any leather with this? The reason i'm asking is because you said it penetrates the leather quicker. I am definitely looking for a dye that will soak into the leather and won't just remain on the surface. Ive seen some DYI leather jobs and some to appear to have a painted look and this is something I definitely don't want.
                    if you jacket is valuable. better to give it to a professional to be done.
                    Colibri is possibly the best. they have a relationship with SZ and you'll get professional results
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• TheInformalGenius
                      • Oct 2015

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                      if you jacket is valuable. better to give it to a professional to be done.
                      Colibri is possibly the best. they have a relationship with SZ and you'll get professional results
                      Ive seen a jacket on here dyed by Collibri and I personally didn't like the end result. Maybe things look much more different in person than on the pictures. There is no doubt in my mind that Collibri should be the first option as opposed to DIY. I just think im going to keep it original.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Ive seen a jacket on here dyed by Collibri and I personally didn't like the end result. Maybe things look much more different in person than on the pictures. There is no doubt in my mind that Collibri should be the first option as opposed to DIY. I just think im going to keep it original.
                        If you mean my Julius leather, you must be nuts to think the result was bad. Colibri is now reconditioning an redyeing leathers that have been recovered from an 18th Century Russian merchant ship. They can dye your leather jacket.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mamooon
                          • Jun 2015

Originally posted by MikeN View Post
                          So does anyone with a Rick Owens leather jacket it treat it OR clean it with anything, or do they just leave it alone?
                          Need to push up this ol' thread and post, as Faust then replied:

"I live mine alone, and my RO leather jacket is about 5 years old."

So, in the 'short questions'-Thread i already mentioned that the lining of my about just 3 yr ol' RO broke, went to a taylor over here specialized in Leather-products, asked her to fix it and she suggested to replace the lining, not just fixing it. Didn't wear since then the jacket too often, so, a year later now it started to rain and 800 meters (subway > office) have been long enough that my shirt got completely soaked and dis-colored. Complained as my guess is that she somehow damaged the stitches around the shoulders when fixing the new lining, so, probably the water drips thru these seams (just my guess, can't see it), so 6 weeks later she replied that it's simply my fault as i should have treated the leather with a waterproofing-spray and that for sure and naturally every kind of leather will soak sooner or later full of water and water-based colors will start washing out.

Indeed i _did_ use some Saphir-leather-balm (very gently) two or three times, but i didn't ever use any waterproof-spray full of nanotechnology-whatever-stuff. So, seems like i damaged my beautiful jacket? So, seems like i should have treated the jacket with 'stuff' as without even a few drops of rain could soak thru sooner or later? So, a RO is not for everyday use?

Oh guys, i'm so frustrated - Also the lining is now soaked with that purple-black'ish color, i.e. no idea for now even how to wear that jacket on the probably most rain-free days of the year ;(
                          Last edited by mamooon; 10-17-2018, 04:29 AM.

Comment

• hwaan
                            • Nov 2018

here anyone used carat cream? :)

Comment

• ackord02
                              • Feb 2015

I own this old pair of Masnadas that i forgot about and thats been sitting for years collecting dust. Can anyone by looking at the photos tell me the kind of leather used on the outer? I went over with grease on the soles and toeboxes in a try to revive them since the leather was really stiff. I want to get the leather supple but if possible keep the matte greyish look.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

• Halibut
                                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by ackord02 View Post
                                I want to get the leather supple but if possible keep the matte greyish look.
                                I think almost every conditioner will add at least a little shine. I'd use Ko-Cho-Line if the leather feels really sturdy. That's one of the best for reviving dry leather. Use Saphir Renovateur if it's a more delicate leather and you're worried about damage.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎