Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onijo84
    • May 2011

Those own pair of Layer-O blood red reverse shell cordovans, what have you all used to nourish the leather without darkening it? I used a small amount of Saphir Creme Universelle(Lanolin, Beeswax & Jojoba) and it appears to have made the spot a little darker. Let me know. Thank you

Comment

• haydn
      • Feb 2013

Has anyone done anything to care for “oiled” leather? I have a Rick Owens oiled leather bauhaus jacket. Thick black leather. It’s around 7 years old now (from fall 14). I’m going through my closet and took it out today - hasn’t been worn in at least two years (I need to drop a few pounds). Leather feels very stiff and dry, and a few of the scuffs that I caused have a bit of the greenish under leather color showing.

Any reccos as to how to treat at home? I’ve used some safir leather on shoes but didn’t want to risk it with a jacket, especially given that it’s not average leather.

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

I got good results with Saphir Renovateur on an old (2008) Julius heavy sheep leather jacket I picked up on YJP that was faded brown last week, brought back the original grey-black colour and softness.

Comment

• 13we2
          • Sep 2015

Anyone know what Saphir products should I apply to condition BBS horse leather stuff, jackets and boots, vegetable tanned, object dyed ones? What about with vibrant colors like the red BBS leathers? Is conditioning going to hurt the original color? Thanks.

Comment

• dji
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by dji View Post
            I got good results with Saphir Renovateur on an old (2008) Julius heavy sheep leather jacket I picked up on YJP that was faded brown last week, brought back the original grey-black colour and softness.
            Ditto for the above for black horse leather stuff, have used it on Incarnation Guidi leather pieces. Not sure about the coloured leathers though.

Comment

• 13we2
              • Sep 2015

Thanks dji. I was never too sure about the different products for different purposes so have never tried to mess with my jackets yet but yes I guess I could start experimenting with the black ones now.

Comment

• Ava leather milers
                • Feb 2023

Generally, treating leather with high quality conditioner and cleaning it regularly is enough except your leather has some precautions related to it. If regular care doesn't satisfy you then you should go to other options to treat those little scratches.

Comment

• lisanclark
                  • Feb 2023

If you don't mind a few scratches or scuffs adding character to your footwear, then there's no harm in letting it go and embracing the imperfections as part of its story. However, if you want to preserve the original look of your shoes or prevent further damage from occurring, then treating them with a more specific protectant product may be beneficial. Look for products that are designed specifically for leather or suede materials and provide protection against scratches, scuffs, and other forms of wear-and-tear.

In addition to using protective sprays or creams, also consider taking preventative measures such as avoiding wearing them in harsh weather conditions or rough terrain. And always remember to clean and store them properly after each use to prolong their lifespan.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎