X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Umami
    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by 8bpc View Post
    How should Ann Demeulemeester leather trousers (Matt Smoke color) be cared for and cleaned? Tag only indicates 100% leather and not the type of leather.
    send them to the professional as some leather in water may shrink tremendously. The Rick's blister skin is pretty tough hence you can wash it.

Comment

• swooc2
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by asecretmaker View Post
      anybody know how to care for the rick owens blistered lamb leather? thanks!!
      i've dry cleaned my blistered lamb. like what ernst has said, you lose the surface conditioning of the jacket. i have no idea how to re-condition it, as you know what the blistered lamb is like.

Comment

• TheThief
        • Mar 2011

While we're on the topic of blistered leather, does anyone have any ideas about redyeing blistered leathers? Will the dye take, will it mess up the blistering or should it be fine?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I think I know someone you could ask ;-)
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ErnstLudwig
            • Oct 2011

For reconditioning you could try something like Saphir Renovateur. I used it on a lambskin jacket and on various leather bags (and of cause all my shoes).
            Best option if you only want to "restore" the original product; shoe creme will result in a more shiny finish because of the wax.

Generally I would only recommend shoe care product because the quality is higher then other leather care products.

Comment

• the breaks
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by TheThief View Post
              While we're on the topic of blistered leather, does anyone have any ideas about redyeing blistered leathers? Will the dye take, will it mess up the blistering or should it be fine?
              Dying leather seems like a hard gig, it's impossible to find anyone who will do it at least around these parts
              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

does anyone know where to buy Pecard Leather Care Lotion in Melbourne or know of an alternative? looking for something to condition and nourish leather without changing the finish.

Comment

• mattizzle
                  • Oct 2011

CCP cordovan tornado boots

Any recommendation on how I should clean or care for my CCP cordovan boots?
                  I have been cleaning/wiping it with a damped cloth.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                    • Jan 2011

^ yeah i think thats about it..

Comment

• TheThief
                      • Mar 2011

Any tips on a good gentle way to clean makeup off a leather jacket?

Thanks in advance

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                        • Jan 2011

^ depends on leather, but if its not anything weirdly treated, damp cloth with diluted soap should work, just dry it with a dry cloth afterwards

Comment

• theaddict
                          • Apr 2008

Wait, dont tell me that little bit of makeup caused a major problem on the leather?!!!

Originally posted by TheThief View Post
                          Any tips on a good gentle way to clean makeup off a leather jacket?

Thanks in advance
                          Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• drizzly
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2012

hi guys i own these a1923 (reverse calf) http://www.frida-frankfurt.de/men/a1.../stiefel2.html
                            and i generally dont do anything to them (i know generally you have to let augusta do their thing) but when i hit them against something (chair, gas pedal, etc) i get a white scuff mark, now i dont want to take a "suede" brush to it or anything, can anyone recommend how i can get out the scuff w/out hurting the leather and keeping the cool worn/distressed look?

Comment

• drizzly
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2012

deleted
                              Last edited by drizzly; 08-19-2012, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• brad1981
                                • Dec 2008

guess this is the right tread to put this, could any one share some info on how to repair some scratches on the leather? the wrist part of one of my leather was scrathed and the surface of some leather peeled off.it does not affect wearing since the leather is quite thick, but willing to give it some repair if possible

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎