Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joker
    • Oct 2011

Does anybody know how to care with deer leather ? Coz all of my leather which is horse, lamb and they're fine. But specially in deer leather they always to be moldy anytime even summer.

And I was confused how to fix it and what can I do ?

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
      • Oct 2010

Before I start, I should point out that I am in no way a shill for Saphir -- I just use their products, and love them. Use whatever you're comfortable with, just make certain that its labeled for the job you intend to do.

That said, I've found that you frequently "get what you pay for" where leather care goods comes into play...

drizzly: Use a suede gummy "eraser." I buy mine from the french company Saphir. When I first receive items in reverse or nabuck, I also treat them using the Saphir spray which will allow them to keep their distressed sheen, keep the leather moisturized (to keep from cracking).

Also, what's wrong with a suede brush? In order to clean your shoes properly, which you should do every year or so, depending on how hard you wear them, you should use a suede cleaner on tough spots and then use the brush (which has very hard bristles) to get the nap of the suede back up.

Brad1981
      - I take care of all my own leathers, so here's what I do: depending on whether the leather is oily or shiny, I order the Saphir MDO polish that is appropriate in the appropriate color. I follow their directions and give the area a decent polish. Every so often, I use their ultra expensive Saphir MDO Renovateur on my most expensive/semi-thick leathers. Honestly, using the less expensive Saphir Leather Lotion would work just as well. Renovateur is the sort of thing they would clean a Birkin bag with...and that bag is smaller than a leather jacket, so...

Mattizzle: here's a great guide on how to take care of Cordovan.

Hope that helps,

MBD
      "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
      It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
      My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Sombre
        • Jan 2009

Does anyone know how to remove the smell of what appears to be Febreze masking something worse from a leather jacket? I'm thinking I should just take it to a leather cleaner. If so, does anyone know of a good one in NY?
        An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
        I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• cowsareforeating
          • Jan 2011

^ before... air out, baking soda, freezer.

any or all of the above. let it air out for like a week

Comment

• Sombre
            • Jan 2009

Thanks cows. Airing out didn't work, but I'll try the baking soda and freezer if necessary.
            An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
            I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• cowsareforeating
              • Jan 2011

you will want to plastic bag your stuff so it doesnt get hurt.

Comment

• Deuce
                • Jun 2012

i've got a blistered RO jacket this

i've read a few pages back, and the advice was kinda vague, should i leave it alone or treat it in any way?
                the leather on the sleeves, specifically near the cuffs is far more distressed than the rest of the jacket. Is there any way to prevent further distress/damage?
                thanks

Comment

• drizzly
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2012

hi guys i own these a1923 (reverse calf) http://www.frida-frankfurt.de/men/a1.../stiefel2.html
                  and i generally dont do anything to them (i know generally you have to let augusta do their thing) but when i hit them against something (chair, gas pedal, etc) i get a white scuff mark, now i dont want to take a "suede" brush to it or anything, can anyone recommend how i can get out the scuff w/out hurting the leather and keeping the cool worn/distressed look?

Comment

• Teazer
                    • Dec 2010

Hey guys, i hope this is the right thread for my problem.

I have a smal scratch on the backside of my rick leather. it's only above, but it looks a bit ugly on the smooth oiled calf.
                    Is it fixable? And has somebody a advice who can fix this in Germany.
                    Thanks in advance

Comment

• drizzly
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2012

get saphir renovator, and horse hair brush

add saphir for a few mins, then brush, scratch should blend in

Comment

• 8bpc
                        • May 2010

Thoughts on long term care of leather bags (Guidi) and jackets (RO)? Everyone seems to act like you should do nothing, which may be fine if you only have the piece for a few seasons, but over time I would imagine the leather will get brittle if not conditioned. Correct? Has anyone conditioned the leather of their bags or jackets?

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

I use conditioner on all my leather. Pecards. I think it depends on the finish though, the matte stuff may not take conditioner so well.
                          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Teazer
                            • Dec 2010

Thanks drizzly, i'll try it and give a report.

Comment

• drizzly
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Teazer View Post
                              Thanks drizzly, i'll try it and give a report.
                              how did it go?

Comment

• plasmoplas
                                • Sep 2010

rock salt

living in a snowy locale, it is inevitable that some rock salt will find it's way onto one's boots. anyone recommend a good winterizing treatment that can deal with something a bit harsh like salt?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎