• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Julius 2007 S/S - www.julius-garden.jp updated with new collection

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

it depends on the piece as i said before

for button ups, blazers, outerwear it has mostly been I- 44, 2- 46, 3- 48 (most of their stuff)
    but sometimes even 2 shirts seem to have chest measurements of 44-45cm!

for drapey shirts it's more like I- 44-46, 2- 46-48, 3- 48-50

[/quote]

word.

looks like I'll just have to go bulimic to comfortably fit the 3s! So be it. If I don't five more pounds I"ll never be pretty!!!!!

*binges*

*purges*

*buys clothes*

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• djrajio
      • Sep 2006

Sizing varies with the garment and the season. You're best bet is to get the exact measurements and go from there. Julius typically cuts blazers, jackets, etc., with very high arm holes, narrow shoulders, and narrow armholes. The narrow shoulder is particularly notorious since everything else will fit just as a previous garment but they decided to reduce a mere 1-2 cm so you barely button it. That's the most inconsistent aspect I feel of the label. But in general take a size 1: 44-46 2: 46-48 3: 48-50.

Comment

• xcoldricex
        • Sep 2006

armholes kill it. haha. just like wjk - the measurements will lead you to believe you'd fit in something fine with some room, but the armholes make it waaaaay tight.

Comment

• Honey~Blade
          • Sep 2006

I have 48 shoulders but rest of my body is 46, should I take a 3 in Julius just in case? Besides the shoulder problem I'm skinny like a bitch.

Comment

• xcoldricex
            • Sep 2006

yeah the shoulders are narrow.... might not fit you well then.

Comment

• tweeds
              • Sep 2006

i love the clothes, and in fact the drape appeals to me but

can somebody even begin to explain what they mean when they wrote that cover page

SITE | TWITTER

Comment

• butbeautiful
                • Sep 2006

is draping going to be the new something? you see it in julian and sophie. you see it in solastseason. you see it in kosmetique label. you see it in macabre. you see it in gardem and probably more and more coming.

and i always thought that people wearing drapes somehow relates to him/her being designer-wise like people wearing dior homme are related to music or the indies scene.

so how is it like?

Comment

• sbw4224
                  • Sep 2006

The labels you mentioned are very small, niche brands. I don't think seeing draping in a few labels is a good indicator of predicting that it will become more popular.

There are vast amounts of people that are "designer-wise" that don't wear clothes that excessively drape. I don't think that's a good indicator at all, and let's not even get into the so-called relationship between Dior Homme and indie music, heh.

Comment

• djrajio
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="tweedlesinpink"]i love the clothes, and in fact the drape appeals to me butcan somebody even begin to explain what they mean when they wrote that cover page[/quote]
                    Haha.
                    It's Engrish! I doubt the designers of Julius even know what the heck
                    it means. Ironically, the unprofessionalism / naivity of the whole
                    thing actually appeals to me more than if it actually made sense.

Comment

• djrajio
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="sbw4224"]

The labels you mentioned are very small, niche brands. I don't think seeing draping in a few labels is a good indicator of predicting that it will become more popular.

There are vast amounts of people that are "designer-wise" that don't wear clothes that excessively drape. I don't think that's a good indicator at all, and let's not even get into the so-called relationship between Dior Homme and indie music, heh.

[/quote]

Agreed. Draping isn't gonna be the next big thing but I do see volume playing an important role. We're already seeing it with the long/volumous tops and skinny bottom trend that starting to bubble up ala Raf, Diet Butcher, et. al...lots of kids in Tokyo are sporting it now too, coupling the look with a short jacket to emphasize the long top...

Comment

• sbw4224
                        • Sep 2006

"You know more surely who you are on a strong bright day after a storm when the smallest falling leaf is stabbed with self-awareness."

Lol!

Chicken Soup for the Post-apocalyptic Soul?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="tweedlesinpink"]

can somebody even begin to explain what they mean when they wrote that cover page

[/quote]

I'll take a stab at it - this is a postmodern manifestation of one's self-actualization contrasting the sphere of over-exposure and ostensibility that couples with the loss of sensibility in contemporary consumerist capitalist anti-feminist racist imperialist realm of globalization. Better?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="sbw4224"]

"You know more surely who you are on a strong bright day after a storm when the smallest falling leaf is stabbed with self-awareness."

Lol!

Chicken Soup for the Post-apocalyptic Soul?

[/quote]

This is actually the only sentence that makes any sense amidst the pseudo-intellectual gibberish that fills the rest of the card. It's very Buddhist.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sbw4224
                              • Sep 2006

Oh, definitely. At least they have one line that makes sense. This might sound dumb, but in Japan, did they write these phrases in English as well? Or is it in Japanese? I can understand if this is a rough translation from Japanese... Either way, it's a good chuckle [:)]

Comment

• Fuuma
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="tweedlesinpink"]

[/quote]

I'll take a stab at it - this is a postmodern manifestation of one's self-actualization contrasting the sphere of over-exposure and ostensibility that couples with the loss of sensibility in contemporary consumerist capitalist anti-feminist racist imperialist realm of globalization. Better?

[/quote]

Hahaha, add "society of spectacle" to the mix and you've got a winner. I love how pseudo meta-language is actually used as a status divider by a good portion of the (leftist) intellectual elite. This had accelerated the slide from a have/have not dichotomy to an average joe/haughty intellectual one that has plagued North america for a good 20 yrs. But I'm disgressing, I love engrish!!

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎