• Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Julius 2007 S/S - www.julius-garden.jp updated with new collection

[quote user="Fuuma"][quote user="Faust"][quote user="tweedlesinpink"]

i love the clothes, and in fact the drape appeals to me but

can somebody even begin to explain what they mean when they wrote that cover page

[/quote]

I'll take a stab at it - this is a postmodern manifestation of one's self-actualization contrasting the sphere of over-exposure and ostensibility that couples with the loss of sensibility in contemporary consumerist capitalist anti-feminist racist imperialist realm of globalization. Better?

[/quote]

Hahaha, add "society of spectacle" to the mix and you've got a winner. I love how pseudo meta-language is actually used as a status divider by a good portion of the (leftist) intellectual elite. This had accelerated the slide from a have/have not dichotomy to an average joe/haughty intellectual one that has plagued North america for a good 20 yrs. But I'm disgressing, I love engrish!!

[/quote]

Yea, it's a big debate. Read this at your leasure.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• designersheep
      • Oct 2006

Plastic version :)

Comment

• Servo2000
        • Oct 2006

It'd be interesting to see what people on the shorter but also skinny side look like in these clothes (around 5 foot, 6 inches, say).

I love the draping, but I can't see that it'd be terribly flattering on people of my fairly diminutive stature.
        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• djrajio
          • Sep 2006

I'm actually 5 feet 7 inches. The clothes look awesome on me. Most Japanese brands cut the clothing to flatter their shorter, skinner brethren.

Comment

• mike
            • Dec 2006

The jackets look fantastic but I am not so keen on the draping, as others have also commented.

Comment

• wild_whiskey
              • Oct 2006

Another great season. I am still aiming to pick up a few things from Julius, some day, but in the age of paying-bills-late and eating-$1.99-dinners-every-day, I can safely say it'll be awhile before I can get in some of it.

Comment

• casem
                • Sep 2006

Greatly enjoyed the article Faust. The Julius sayings sound like they could be a bad translation, but I have a feeling it's intentional.
                Some of these guys look like they are emerging from a cocoon. The fabrics looks nice and delicate and the blazers look perfectly cut.
                music

Comment

• Honey~Blade
                  • Sep 2006

Julius sayings make alot of sense to me hahahah
                  It's almost abstract poetry but way cooler.

Comment

• Chessy Wiz
                    • Dec 2006

ugh

This is so coolio [:P]

i tried on on of the jacket with the slim pants...

but obviously it looked like a train wreck on me since i have such a huge

head it looks wrong!!![:(] (BOO ME)

Comment

• xcoldricex
                      • Sep 2006

on a random note. i'd never guess julius also created this:

high end leroy jenkin's?

Comment

• Servo2000
                        • Oct 2006

I'm just going to pretend I never saw that.
                        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Servo2000"]I'm just going to pretend I never saw that.[/quote]

2nd. What would Elton John say?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• djrajio
                            • Sep 2006

So I went to Julius flagship store today and asked when the new collection is coming in. Officially the 15th of January. They'll begin taking reservations on the 13th and 14th. Also, I asked if they'll begin selling their goods in NYC and as far as they know, they aren't. Outside of Japan, Julius is only sold in London but I forgot to ask what the store name was.

Comment

• bakla
                              • Oct 2006

[quote user="djrajio"]So I went to Julius flagship store today and asked when the new collection is coming in. Officially the 15th of January. They'll begin taking reservations on the 13th and 14th. Also, I asked if they'll begin selling their goods in NYC and as far as they know, they aren't. Outside of Japan, Julius is only sold in London but I forgot to ask what the store name was.
                              [/quote]

Isn't it sold at Michiko London? They certainly had some Julius (as well as an SA who was their Julius 'expert' that I spokw with) a few weeks ago. And yeah, I talked with Kyohei at BBlessing on Thursday and he said they weren't able to get to see Julius in their last buying trip but that it's on their list.

Comment

• bakla
                                • Oct 2006

[quote user="djrajio"]I'm actually 5 feet 7 inches. The clothes look awesome on me. Most Japanese brands cut the clothing to flatter their shorter, skinner brethren.[/quote]

A friend in Tokyo sent me a couple of Julius tops and they look great on me as well! I'm 5'7" too and a 46.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎