X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mne
    • Mar 2016

I have mixed feelings about Helmut Lang these days..it's not as edgy and clean as it used to be, and even from having to work in their Notting Hill store a few times this year I noticed it attracts completely different audience.. the quality of the fabrics is still good though

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

YohjiIsLife, thanks for posting, but could you resize the first image? It's too big.

Mne, not sure how much you know about the history of the brand but Helmut Lang has not been designing it for over ten years now. It's been turned into a contemporary wear brand.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• CityHunter
        • Apr 2011

I recently picked up a fishtail parka from what I believe is from AW03. I scoured runway pics to see how it was styled and came up with nothing. Any leads/pics that anyone has? I know, it's a longshot.

Comment

• CityHunter
          • Apr 2011

I've noticed when looking at archive pieces that the backpack straps on the outerwear are on pieces from the "denim"* line, that is, the ones with the larger, square Helmut Lang label - black lettering on white (including the astro biker jackets). Bondage details are limited to handstraps on the "runway"* pieces, the ones with the smaller, rectangle label - black lettering on black.

I don't know where I'm going with this. I just found it peculiar that the such an iconic detail was left for the "denim" line - which, and I could be completely off base here, is a lower tier.

*I found this information on a very old forum - a user explained the different labels, confirmed it with an old HL employee.

Comment

• fredokin
            • Apr 2014

Not entirely true. A few mainline pieces with backpack straps that come to mind are the silk organza version of the astro biker from aw 1999, a blazer from aw 2002, and a nylon jacket from...1996? The handstrap detail was used in 03/04, after the jeans line was cut. Both jeans and mainline were on the runway, and I haven't noticed any lower quality in the jeans line. It was simply more everyday wear/military inspired, and separate from the tailoring.
            Last edited by fredokin; 11-13-2016, 12:26 PM.
            Originally posted by gregor
            it's terribly lit

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by fredokin View Post
              Not entirely true. A few mainline pieces with backpack straps that come to mind are the silk organza version of the astro biker from aw 1999, a blazer from aw 2002, and a nylon jacket from...1996? The handstrap detail was used in 03/04, after the jeans line was cut. Both jeans and mainline were on the runway, and I haven't noticed any lower quality in the jeans line. It was simply more everyday wear/military inspired, and separate from the tailoring.
              I agree. I distinctly remember a mainline coat with two straps.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• SafetyKat
                • Aug 2014

I'm not sure where to post this, feel free to move it, my main mods.

http://www.dazeddigital.com/fashion/...-going-on-sale
                "In a project called HELMUT LANG: ARTIFACTS, Resurrection Vintage is presenting a collection of the designer’s garments from the 1990s right up until his departure in 2005."

Based on their sponsored content, identical articles down to the title on both dazed and hypebeast, I'm weary for a cashgrab, but I would be interested in seeing some archival HL, especially since I was too young to experience the line during its heyday.

Comment

• fredokin
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by SafetyKat View Post
                  I'm weary for a cashgrab
                  Well, I sold Resurrection a bulletproof vest for over 800 if that gives you an idea of what the pricing might be like...
                  Originally posted by gregor
                  it's terribly lit

Comment

• Erich Fromm
                    • May 2017

Originally posted by patriciamorris
                    wow. so cool! I was impressed by his quote: "I think the history and the past we have is just an energy we've built up to do what we do now"
                    Are you seriously trying to promote a translation site by using some quote? Gtfo

Comment

• Ahimsa
                      Vegan Police
                      • Sep 2011

"Alongside the campaign, Helmut Lang has announced two new projects: Helmut Lang Re-Edition will centre around the reissue of important heritage pieces – Volume 1 will be available in September 2017, and will feature fifteen items. Future Volumes will be released every four months." via Dazed
                      StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

Just saw this yesterday... disappointing really. Just shows that the label really will never be able to live up to , let alone improve on, Lang's original vision.
                        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• uihasissues
                          • Jul 2017

Any information on the photographer ? Or the magazine? Will greatly appreciate it :)

Comment

• negroygris
                            • Aug 2013

uihasissues The photographers name is Ethan James Green.
                            We hope that people will begin to see beyond the superficial surface of things and understand that there is far more to a design than just the way it looks on the outside.

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

Comment

• mobotak
                              • Oct 2017

eagerly anticipating the release.

Comment

• Jeroenr
                                • May 2016

Originally posted by mobotak View Post
                                eagerly anticipating the release.
                                What release? The new HL? Its a joke. Shayne Oliver doesnt bring anything new to the game. Its clothing for a instagram generation. They get dictated whats cool, by famous rappers and hyped kids on social media.

The "Re-Edition” collection, is also a joke. Its an easy job by them. Just to make money. Jumping on the bandwagon of the HL hype.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎