• Vanna
    • May 2008

Yeah, I think it's kind of brilliant.
    Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• JCastor
      • Dec 2010

interest1, i agree completely.

however, that small selfish voice in the back on my mind remains.

Comment

• ashamed
        • Jan 2011

in a month itll be the coolest thing anyone has done but its too fresh right now for me imho

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I doubt it. Besides, it's showing in the Hamptons, who the fuck wants to go there?
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

I would've sold the archive and used the money to hire Jenny Holzer to make a projection saying "HELMUT LANG IS GONE, STOP BUYING FAKE SHIT"

I don't really know what to think of this.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Vanna
              • May 2008

A preview!

'The materials and fabrics Helmut Lang used to give temporary definition to the body are now just traces of natural and synthetic fibers, plastics, metals, leathers, fur, skins, feathers and hair - erasing the past and the difference they once stood for. Thus metabolized, the material began to take the form of strangely beautiful excretions: witnesses to both the transience of our creative endeavors, and the enduring need out of which such efforts are born.'
              Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• interest1
                • Nov 2008

I think the swan just died.

Or as I call it, MAKE IT GO AWAY

Originally posted by lowrey View Post

I would've sold the archive and used the money to hire Jenny Holzer to make a projection saying "HELMUT LANG IS GONE, STOP BUYING FAKE SHIT"
                For that money, you could hire her to personally go slap each person who is.

sain't

Comment

• ashamed
                  • Jan 2011

^^^ amazing quote

Comment

• mrbeuys
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                    Or as I call it, MAKE IT GO AWAY
                    I don't know... I don't think this has much value to me aesthetically, but conceptually, I totally get it. A bit more insight:

{{ ($root.post && $root.post.id) ? $root.post.translations[$root.lang].socialSubtitle : $root.seo.metaDescription | translate | stripHtml }}
                    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• tweeds
                      • Sep 2006

See the Times for the fuller interview (and watch him chew up the interviewer): http://nyti.ms/ofltXN

I dunno, it's not quite on the level of Ai Weiwei smashing and dipping ancient Chinese ceramics, is it?
                      SITE | TWITTER

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by tweeds View Post
                        I dunno, it's not quite on the level of Ai Weiwei smashing and dipping ancient Chinese ceramics, is it?
                        LOL and touché...
                        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

I don't see any cheweing out. Helmut looks like he just hates talking or is unsure of saying something stupid. I feel bad for the interviewer - the questions are longer than the answers. They should've interviewed Wakefield instead. The man can spin text like fine lace.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                            I don't know... I don't think this has much value to me aesthetically, but conceptually, I totally get it. A bit more insight:

http://www.nowness.com/day/2011/7/23...g-make-it-hard

Yes, conceptually, I understand it.

In the interview you posted, he essentially mimics the sentiment of my first post on the subject – swan song/what was once, can no longer be../etc when he goes into the cathartic aspect to his actions. Personally, I see it as an ultimate statement on closure⧐ and finding empowerment thru controlling that closure so definitively.

On another note, was tempted to sig his comment "I am always serious and I am always relaxed", heh. But considering what a big, fat lie that would be, I refrain. ;P
                            sain't

Comment

• kowei
                              • Jul 2010

Hi everyone. It has been said everywhere that Lang introduced slim suits on runways, but I'd like to see an eloquent example... Do you have something? It's really urgent! Checking every collections I can right now!!!

Thanks a lot!!!

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Not slim by our standards, but by the standards of the day.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎