X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by BlacknWhite View Post
    My copy just came in. It's A LOT thicker than what pictures depict it to be.
    One picture per paper, so this explains why the book is so big. No double sided prints. Every collection up to S/S14 is in there. Visually, the book is nice, however it's disappointing to see that anything past that is not in the book. I was really looking forward to seeing pictures and descriptions of her atelier, the team, inspiration for each collection, as well as the process.
    oh come on, don't be so prosaic. this book is a memento of her work - not an ikea manual.

Comment

• BlacknWhite
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
      oh come on, don't be so prosaic. this book is a memento of her work - not an ikea manual.
      This book could've been the cherry on top to appreciating her work, but it wasn't. It's quite prosaic it self, frontal shots of each runway look, and nothing more. It's like a physical version of looking through seasonal works on style.com, but without the commentary.

I understand the sheer volume of what is presented makes for anything more to be a bit of a hassle, but cmon now, not even a few pages here and there on what she was thinking about through each collection?

I'm hoping a second book comes out in the future, but with some actual writing.

Comment

• BodyDouble
        • Jan 2014

I didn't expect anything specific to seasons, but maybe some text for the first and last collections would have been nice. I find it odd that most of the other Rizzoli books offer much more text and content on the designers they have published. I would maybe give them a pass though if they would have made the book substantially larger in size though, something like the Rick Owens book. I can't get over the fact that the runway shots are window boxed into an already laughably small (not thick) book the size of Varney the Vampire.

Beautiful book though, it just looks better on a shelf than a coffee table.

Lovely shots Faust, Seraphim and Gawkrodger. I love how the book looks atop the high shelf with the bookmarks hanging.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BlacknWhite View Post
          This book could've been the cherry on top to appreciating her work, but it wasn't. It's quite prosaic it self, frontal shots of each runway look, and nothing more. It's like a physical version of looking through seasonal works on style.com, but without the commentary.

I understand the sheer volume of what is presented makes for anything more to be a bit of a hassle, but cmon now, not even a few pages here and there on what she was thinking about through each collection?

I'm hoping a second book comes out in the future, but with some actual writing.
          Now, that's not gonna happen.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Bson
            • May 2013

The best art doesn't need explanation

Comment

• gin soaked boy
              • May 2012

More from DSM:
              "The legendary musician (Patti Smith) reads from her introduction to Demeulemeester's new book – and recounts the touching moment her world and the designer's first collided"
              http://www.dazeddigital.com/fashion/...demeulemeester
              "Das Getöse war absolut geworden, man hörte es nicht mehr."
              (E. Jünger)

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
                • Oct 2014

Ann and Patti will be doing a signing at Barneys New York on Wednesday.
                Not sure if it's invite only. I imagine if you call they'll tell you.
                It's from 6-8pm.

Comment

• akkeri
                  • Jul 2012

^ Amazing! Does anyone have more information? If not, I'll phone them in the morning.

I just arrived in NYC for my first visit in 2+ years so this is incredibly good timing for me. So excited.

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
                    • Oct 2014

Comment

• akkeri
                      • Jul 2012

^ Anyone else going tonight?

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

what do you think :)
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• akkeri
                          • Jul 2012

Nice, Faust! I'll be the tall guy with glasses standing on my own in a corner somewhere. Come say hi.

Comment

• Bson
                            • May 2013

Nice meeting you Faust! And a couple others... :) Unforgettable night!

Comment

• skavant
                              • Sep 2014

Is she going to have any other book signing in NYC guys?

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Bson View Post
                                Nice meeting you Faust! And a couple others... :) Unforgettable night!
                                You too!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎