• Jan 2008

Ann Demeulemeester Spring/Summer 2007
    Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
    Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• flwlessvctry
      • Jul 2011

I really love this photograph somewhat austere and memerizing.

Comment

• interest1
        • Nov 2008

the fodder
        the sun
        and the holy spirit

amen.
        sain't

Comment

• rider
          eyes of the world
          • Jun 2009

^ you're singing to the choir:-)

Comment

• stemcell
            • Jul 2011

exotic skins?

Sorry for this sort of random question, but I was wondering is there any thought on Ann using exotic skins? I have never seen anything from Ann in croc, python, etc... or even ostrich. I was wondering if it has ever been done, or if she has ever commented on it in an interview?

I suppose in some instances exotic skins could be considered a too trendy, or maybe even too flashy, but it still is surprising that to my knowledge there's never been anything done with them. Personally I'd love to see what she could do/has done with them.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Good question!

From what I know - and I am guessing here - it's just not Ann's style.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
                • Nov 2008

This is all the exotic skin you need.

sain't

Comment

• stemcell
                  • Jul 2011

ha all good answers I suppose.
                  It's bound to happen one day though.

MAYBE EVEN THIS FALL. DUN DUN DUNNNNN.

Comment

• michael_kard
                    • Oct 2010

Agreed with Faust. The most exotic Ann material I can think of is Lama fur. Which reminds me, I remember when Ann's fabrics were so interesting - can't say the same about the last couple of seasons.
                    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• night-timer
                      • Apr 2011

This is now a very long thread.

Does anyone know the rough production run quantities of Ann D's seasonal ranges?

Obviously her work is not mass-produced and many of her garments have a target audience who struggle to collect her stuff before the seasonal range dies and is gone forever.
                      Last edited by night-timer; 01-11-2013, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• stemcell
                        • Jul 2011

I sometimes get frustrated when I see Anns printed t shirts, either new season or old ones of ebay. Not that I don't like the shirts, but so many of them are seemingly so random(but I know they can't be) and I Want to know the meaning behind them... I guess it's unnecessary to expect more meaning out of her graphic tees than other brands (oh god I despise dior graphic tees, I think of them as the height of pointlessness.) but does anyone have any idea:

-What the abstract window/screen door print from new season is?
                        I kind of think of it as being like the door to her porch in belgium or something...

-I hope her husband photographed the birds from last season.

-Why the thermometer t shirt:

-What does day zero mean? I tried to look it up couldn't really find anything.

-Saw the posts on the backstory of the comets from FW11 in another thread that was cool.

There are obviously lots of other graphics to wonder about, any thoughts are appreciated.

thanks

Comment

• theconsumer
                          • Feb 2009

Fall Winter 2009 collection was called Day Zero: "I called them the immigrants, the pioneers from the future. They start at Day Zero – it’s a group of poets who immigrate to a new land, who bring their culture with them and start anew. They don’t start from the past but they bring their culture with them."

I am certain that at least one Ann print was not designed by her: White Light one. Can't find the reference right now.

[QUOTE=stemcell;406987]I sometimes get frustrated when I see Anns printed t shirts, either new season or old ones of ebay. Not that I don't like the shirts, but so many of them are seemingly so random(but I know they can't be) and I Want to know the meaning behind them...

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

All of the prints are designed by Ann and her husband. Some may be based on existing images.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• thejarc
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              All of the prints are designed by Ann and her husband. Some may be based on existing images.
                              And, according to his website, her son. http://victorrobyn.com/

Comment

• theconsumer
                                • Feb 2009

Yes, that's the one. Didn't realize it was her son, thanks for clearing that up.

Originally posted by thejarc View Post
                                And, according to his website, her son. http://victorrobyn.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎