X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • naturalalmonds
    • Sep 2013

Faust has it right: "From Spring Summer 2015 onwards, with AD ANN DEMEULEMEESTER a new women and men shoe collection will be offered, showcasing the ANN DEMEULEMEESTER aesthetic in slightly more basic shapes and materials, creating an interesting offer at entry price level."

There are other online stockists already and it's both men and women's footwear.

NA stockist list according to Apropo:

pachute - new york city, ny
    oak - brooklyn & new york, ny
    hirshleifers - manhasset, NY
    odd - new york, ny
    forward by elyse walker - online
    ssense - montreal canada
    baby & co - seattle, wa

But others have it including Antonioli. Hell, fakes are already available with the AD branding...
    I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

That's hilarious.

Originally posted by naturalalmonds View Post
      Faust has it right: "From Spring Summer 2015 onwards, with AD ANN DEMEULEMEESTER a new women and men shoe collection will be offered, showcasing the ANN DEMEULEMEESTER aesthetic in slightly more basic shapes and materials, creating an interesting offer at entry price level."

music

Comment

• stemcell
        • Jul 2011

Fakes are already available :( That is such a depressing thought.
        It's like for fuck sake "here is something highly materialistic that you don't really need, but you can justify if it's special to you" and here's the fake version of it— immediately— practically on release.

But it's cool anyhow. I did notice some pricing on some sites (might have been a carrier being hosted on farfetch) that definitely was reasonable, the sandals that were originally 1200 were like 700, but then I saw it elsewhere and the pricing was just pretty standard luxury. If they really intended to do it, they should have just fucking went for it and made some decent shoes in portugal or whatever for like under 500. I love ann and I do think it is a good idea I just don't understand how society can support the CONSTANT invention of new products— all of which aren't actually new. (from all brands I mean) Do people outside of china and korea even hardly care about ann anymore? Most of the online retailers I just see everything make it to sale, some friends at barney's said it's done horribly last few seasons, the newest collection in store was highly disappointing for me, not visually but to the touch— those embroidered sheer jackets that looked so incredible on the runway felt absolutely horrible on the body, like wearing a lightweight window screen, the fit was slimmer but awkward and for a tag of $3k, it honestly seemed so cheap. Of course as with anything, there were still beautiful pieces to carry the brand through. Rick seems to be always expanding brilliantly, but my obsession with Ann seems lonely. No one even re-blogs Ann posts on tumblr anymore, hahaha

As for the above whining, I do actually wish they could have expanded into more home products before she left. Some candle or fragrance collaborations could have been interesting (it was talked about once). Some bed linens, could have been incredible in certain fabrics she's used over the years. I could use some Ann undies if the price was even remotely reasonable. I was always irritated that the leather mouse pads were like $600 though. Not reasonable.

Comment

• Mattiassa
          • Dec 2014

Here's a very recent article in Le Monde about Ann D and Sebastien Meunier

http://www.lemonde.fr/m-mode-l-invit...3_4497365.html

Comment

• tyhsien
            • Sep 2014

Read Ann D's article written by the owner of this website, a 2008 article I think, was good read, made me felt like as if i was conversing with ann d... felt like as if ann was my friend haha.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by tyhsien View Post
              Read Ann D's article written by the owner of this website, a 2008 article I think, was good read, made me felt like as if i was conversing with ann d... felt like as if ann was my friend haha.
              Thank you.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Bson
                • May 2013

A year old but I just came across this and don't think it was posted: Interview with Sebastien Meunier ... Changes a lot about what I thought of SM taking the lead... refreshing to read and keeps me hopeful for the brand. Haven't gotten much from the recent seasons-- there is still so much new from Ann that is available here and there!

I don't think this interview with Ann was posted, either. My favorite part below...

Q: Over your 30 years in business, what do you see as your defining contribution to fashion?

A: I chose to be a designer simply because I saw fashion as a medium, not a lifestyle. I wanted to do it in a different way. I wanted to communicate through clothes. I felt that it was important to show that fashion has every bit of the expressive potential that painting and poetry have.

Comment

• naturalalmonds
                  • Sep 2013

Feels like with SS16 shown that Ann D the label has begun its divergence in earnest from previous years with its namesake at the helm, and it seems like SM is on his way to form his own voice... I can't say I'm particularly interested in following along, unfortunately
                  I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• Mattiassa
                    • Dec 2014

Had a mild Ann nostalgia today and watched this show from 2008. I almost tear up every time I watch this. Perhaps it's not her best collection but the setting, the music and the connection between young and older humans is so beautiful. Also there's a slowness to it that I wish fashion had more of.

https://vimeo.com/21976100

Comment

• Bson
                      • May 2013

That's one of my favorites, too! It's inspired partly by Hesse's Narcissus and Goldmund, which happens to be one of my favorite books. It's amazing how she takes an abstract idea or feeling and morphs it into her own world. You see echoes of the novel here and there, and even using the older men and young models could be a direct reference to the book... The perfectly imperfect, naivete, devotion, searching-- as in life... You can feel it all

Comment

• Bson
                        • May 2013

To add more onto the eyewear topic in the Mens SS16 thread, here is an image of maybe the only time Ann did eyewear! At her initial Paris 1988 debut.

The whole lookbook can be seen here. :) Some but not all of those images are in the Rizzoli tome... Awesome!

Comment

• Mattiassa
                          • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Bson View Post
                          That's one of my favorites, too! It's inspired partly by Hesse's Narcissus and Goldmund, which happens to be one of my favorite books. It's amazing how she takes an abstract idea or feeling and morphs it into her own world. You see echoes of the novel here and there, and even using the older men and young models could be a direct reference to the book... The perfectly imperfect, naivete, devotion, searching-- as in life... You can feel it all

Indeed. How much there is to miss. But, her own legacy will probably only grow stronger as the years pass since her departure. It was a great move on her part.

Comment

• Mattiassa
                            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Bson View Post
                            To add more onto the eyewear topic in the Mens SS16 thread, here is an image of maybe the only time Ann did eyewear! At her initial Paris 1988 debut.

The whole lookbook can be seen here. :) Some but not all of those images are in the Rizzoli tome... Awesome!
                            Nice to see, thank you for posting! And the timelessness of the clothes is really evident here.
                            Last edited by Ahimsa; 07-02-2015, 10:53 PM. Reason: Don't repost images on same page please.

Comment

• amulet
                              • Apr 2015

I was wondering if any of you guys could help me ID a jacket -

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

From the look of it's design; I have a feeling it may be from her 2010/2012 era.

But I'm having trouble finding the exact garment (or similar) in any of her menswear collections!

There are more photos here

Hopefully one of you might know! I'm curious about it's origins... it's a really nice piece - the heavy cotton is mixed with metal and has a slight glimmer when under direct light!
                              Last edited by amulet; 11-17-2015, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• tyhsien
                                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by amulet View Post
                                I was wondering if any of you guys could help me ID a jacket -

From the look of it's design; I have a feeling it may be from her 2010/2012 era.

But I'm having trouble finding the exact garment (or similar) in any of her menswear collections!

There are more photos here

Hopefully one of you might know! I'm curious about it's origins... it's a really nice piece - the heavy cotton is mixed with metal and has a slight glimmer when under direct light!
                                I have the similar looking jacket or maybe its the same from AW06, except i know mine does not have anything related to metal in the fabric composition...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎