X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amulet
    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by tyhsien View Post
    I have the similar looking jacket or maybe its the same from AW06, except i know mine does not have anything related to metal in the fabric composition...
    Mystery solved! Thank you!
    It looks like there are similar versions of the jacket in the A/W06 show, with a few colour differences- the black version wasn't featured.. but it's definitely similar!

Comment

• stemcell
      • Jul 2011

Has anyone heard anything about Ann herself? How she's doing? I wouldn't expect a yearly interview or whatever but I am always curious to know. Would love to hear her thoughts on the current line but I'm sure she would never say :)

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by stemcell View Post
        Has anyone heard anything about Ann herself? How she's doing? I wouldn't expect a yearly interview or whatever but I am always curious to know. Would love to hear her thoughts on the current line but I'm sure she would never say :)
        She's doing well. I spoke with her a few weeks ago via email. She's happy to be away from it all.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stemcell
          • Jul 2011

Nice thank you

Comment

• amulet
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            She's doing well. I spoke with her a few weeks ago via email. She's happy to be away from it all.
            I'm glad to hear that!
            I hope that someday we'll hear an update on her future endeavours. I have a feeling she'll emerge with something special in the years to come - even if her creativity isn't channeled into the realm of fashion, I'm sure we'll hear from her again in some form.

Comment

• Bson
              • May 2013

Glad to hear she is doing well, Faust!

Amulet that jacket is from Fall 2013. It wasn't featured on the runway.

Nice to see an e-store actually! Though I still haven't gotten anything from the new era....

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Ann Demeulemeester on David Bowie

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sroreilly
                  • Jul 2015

Older ann piece ID

I understand the current tagging system, but I just got a jacket in the mail, I was thinking it would end up being ss10 but the tag is different than current tags. I believe it is a much older piece but I can't figure out the tagging system. The numbers are 1160328019 and it has the symbol for the male gender stamped on the card. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

• amulet
                    • Apr 2015

I stumbled upon a video of Ann receiving an honorary doctrate award.

I don't believe I'v seen this mentioned anywhere else before -would anyone be able provide a summary of her speech?

[EDIT]
                    there is some additional details & photos of the ceremony over on the french elle blog - congratulations Ann... well deserved

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I don't think this has been covered in the English-language press.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• matglenn
                        • Jun 2016

Originally posted by amulet View Post
                        I'm glad to hear that!
                        I hope that someday we'll hear an update on her future endeavours. I have a feeling she'll emerge with something special in the years to come - even if her creativity isn't channeled into the realm of fashion, I'm sure we'll hear from her again in some form.
                        I would love to see her work in visual art one day! Makes me imagine some sort of monochromatic textural installation work. One can only hope

Comment

• ann jp
                          • Oct 2016

Since the designer changed, I did not look the collection, but I saw it recently and I think the style did not change, so I was happy. But I prefer the collections from before.

Comment

• Joey
                            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by amulet View Post
                            I stumbled upon a video of Ann receiving an honorary doctrate award.

I don't believe I'v seen this mentioned anywhere else before -would anyone be able provide a summary of her speech?

[EDIT]
                            there is some additional details & photos of the ceremony over on the french elle blog - congratulations Ann... well deserved
                            If anyone is interested, she said:

Ladies and gentlemen,

I would like to tell you that been here with you today filled my heart with gratitude. It is humbly and with my sincere appreciation that I accept to receive this honor that represents the "Doctor Honoris Causa" degree from the Université libre de Bruxelles. My personal conviction has always been that we could go to a better world if everyone was putting out his natural talent. Since I started, I tried to understand and analyze the relationship between the man and his clothe, and the way he presents to the world. It was not a special interest in fashion who was motivating but a lively curiosity with regard to what people wore and what brought them to this choice. I felt that my task was to create a new clothing proposal. I wanted to create clothes able to provide this vision, clothing who brings emotions. My determination was to create a communication with others, and I was rewarded. I found soulmates worldwide, and I was able to cover their clothes with love, beauty, strength, fragility, freedom and self-confidence. What a joy to discover that my dreams were also theirs dreams. This made me realize that we are all pieces of the same chain of energy and creation. And that we could bring more beauty in this world. I wish to thank from my heart all those who believed in me and who helped me to bring my work worldwide. And in particular I would like to thank Patrick Robyn my artistic companion and the one who shares my life for 40 years. I also would like to thank all the men and all women who have enriched my clothes by adding their personality. And finally, I will wish dedicated this degree to all those who believe in the power of beauty.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                              Vegan Police
                              • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• divamallorca
                                • Aug 2018

Ann's work is one of the most important in the world and that has influenced me most in my work. Can you put more pictures, please? Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎