X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

By the way, the next Collection Blanche is based entirely on 1998.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
        • Nov 2008

tie me up, tie me down
        sain't

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Rejoice!!!

DEAR ANN: Ann Demeulemeester, who dispatched a hand-written letter last November to reveal her exit from fashion, is now working on a book. The hardcover Rizzoli tome, written by the Belgian designer and with an introduction by musician Patti Smith, is due out in mid-October, and billed by the publisher as “the first and highly personal perspective into the work and processes of Ann Demeulemeester, one of the most influential and inspiring fashion designers of our time.”

The $100 book is to contain more than 1,000 photographs “approximating some of the mystery and detailing associated with her brand,” according to Rizzoli.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• axtang
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Rejoice!!!

DEAR ANN: Ann Demeulemeester, who dispatched a hand-written letter last November to reveal her exit from fashion, is now working on a book. The hardcover Rizzoli tome, written by the Belgian designer and with an introduction by musician Patti Smith, is due out in mid-October, and billed by the publisher as “the first and highly personal perspective into the work and processes of Ann Demeulemeester, one of the most influential and inspiring fashion designers of our time.”

The $100 book is to contain more than 1,000 photographs “approximating some of the mystery and detailing associated with her brand,” according to Rizzoli.
            Amazing news!! Any guess as to whether or not it will be a fairly limited print run, as was the case with Yohji's tomes?

Comment

• drexl
              • Sep 2006

Details and first pic up on Rizzoli's website:

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by axtang View Post
                Amazing news!! Any guess as to whether or not it will be a fairly limited print run, as was the case with Yohji's tomes?
                It's Rizzoli, so it will be widely available. I have a great relationship with Rizzoli, so watch out for the SZ mag review.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Bson
                  • May 2013

Finally a book!!!! Cant wait

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Was talking to Ann about perhaps publishing an essay in the book a few months back, but I will readily concede for Ms. Smith

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stemcell
                      • Jul 2011

So much swooning at the thought of this. Thrilled that Patti is doing the introduction. Cannot wait.

Comment

• stemcell
                        • Jul 2011

New "retrospective" editorial.

A Magazine Curated By is a fashion magazine that explores the universe of a chosen fashion designer in each issue. We invite a guest curator – an international fashion designer, group or house – to develop innovative, personalised content to express their aesthetic and cultural values. Each issue celebrates this designer’s ethos: their people, their passion, their stories, emotions, fascinations, spontaneity and authenticity.

I thought images 7 and 11 were very nice, but over all it wasn't particularly stunning... beautiful nonetheless. I would love to see the images at slightly larger sizes, not sure why they formatted them so small.

Comment

• AVerdantShore
                          • Jan 2011

That's an interesting editorial--it's certainly "Ann", but not at all what I expected when I clicked the link. Wish it was more of the definitive Ann aesthetic. These seem to be a collage of some of her quirkier pieces and some of the iconic things, like the "Heaven" tee. Speaking of which, that editorial that Erik Madigan Heck shot a few years ago came out with some (in my mind) quintessentially and classically well rendered photos of the Ann Dem man.

The aesthetic conversation between stylist and designer must be frustrating at times, although yields interesting results, I'm sure.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Agreed, pretty uninspiring. Kim Peers is awesome though. Not just a pretty face - a musician too. We used her for an editorial in volume 4 of StyleZeitgeist magazine.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gawkrodger
                              • Jun 2013

Didn't realise the book was out. Slightly cheaper than unwas expecting (for the UK at least)

Comment

• k3mist
                                • Apr 2013

is it out? i only see preorder links.

how is it, if you have it

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎