Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Ann Demeulemeester Retrospective

Thanks crowzer. I got the program but I can't seem to actually have it download or play the video for me even after finding it. I'm guessing there are no English subtitles though which are integral to me actually understanding any of it. Anyone that was able to rip a copy; are there subtitles?

Regardless could someone link a download for the video if they managed to get it and I will try and get it subtitled if it's not already.

Thanks

tron, I posted links earlier. As you already assumed there are no English subtitles; some parts are in English but they are either dubbed over or they have subtitles in the according language.
    lavender menace

Merci pour le lien! C'était tellement intéressant!

Ahh I missed those initial links thanks for pointing that out. Some parts of the french one are easy enough for me to understand with the off sync dubbing. Thanks a lot

Ann Demeulemeester Spring/Summer 1998
    Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
    Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Ann Demeulemeester Spring/Summer 2007
    Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
    Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

I really love this photograph somewhat austere and memerizing.

the fodder
    the sun
    and the holy spirit

amen.
    sain't

^ you're singing to the choir:-)

Default exotic skins?

Sorry for this sort of random question, but I was wondering is there any thought on Ann using exotic skins? I have never seen anything from Ann in croc, python, etc... or even ostrich. I was wondering if it has ever been done, or if she has ever commented on it in an interview?

I suppose in some instances exotic skins could be considered a too trendy, or maybe even too flashy, but it still is surprising that to my knowledge there's never been anything done with them. Personally I'd love to see what she could do/has done with them.

Good question!

From what I know - and I am guessing here - it's just not Ann's style.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

This is all the exotic skin you need.

sain't

ha all good answers I suppose.
    It's bound to happen one day though.

MAYBE EVEN THIS FALL. DUN DUN DUNNNNN.

Agreed with Faust. The most exotic Ann material I can think of is Lama fur. Which reminds me, I remember when Ann's fabrics were so interesting - can't say the same about the last couple of seasons.
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

This is now a very long thread.

Does anyone know the rough production run quantities of Ann D's seasonal ranges?

Obviously her work is not mass-produced and many of her garments have a target audience who struggle to collect her stuff before the seasonal range dies and is gone forever.
    Last edited by night-timer; 01-11-2013 at 07:21 PM.

I sometimes get frustrated when I see Anns printed t shirts, either new season or old ones of ebay. Not that I don't like the shirts, but so many of them are seemingly so random(but I know they can't be) and I Want to know the meaning behind them... I guess it's unnecessary to expect more meaning out of her graphic tees than other brands (oh god I despise dior graphic tees, I think of them as the height of pointlessness.) but does anyone have any idea:

-What the abstract window/screen door print from new season is?
    I kind of think of it as being like the door to her porch in belgium or something...

-I hope her husband photographed the birds from last season.

-Why the thermometer t shirt:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ann-Demeulem...item3a7d8fc57b

-What does day zero mean? I tried to look it up couldn't really find anything.

-Saw the posts on the backstory of the comets from FW11 in another thread that was cool.

There are obviously lots of other graphics to wonder about, any thoughts are appreciated.

thanks

Fall Winter 2009 collection was called Day Zero: "I called them the immigrants, the pioneers from the future. They start at Day Zero – it’s a group of poets who immigrate to a new land, who bring their culture with them and start anew. They don’t start from the past but they bring their culture with them."

I am certain that at least one Ann print was not designed by her: White Light one. Can't find the reference right now.

[QUOTE=stemcell;406987]I sometimes get frustrated when I see Anns printed t shirts, either new season or old ones of ebay. Not that I don't like the shirts, but so many of them are seemingly so random(but I know they can't be) and I Want to know the meaning behind them...

All of the prints are designed by Ann and her husband. Some may be based on existing images.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    All of the prints are designed by Ann and her husband. Some may be based on existing images.
    And, according to his website, her son. http://victorrobyn.com/

Yes, that's the one. Didn't realize it was her son, thanks for clearing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by thejarc View Post
    And, according to his website, her son. http://victorrobyn.com/