Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noirgt
    • Oct 2012

I got oily skin and sufferd acne for more than one year. I tried everything from drug store to depatment store level skincare. They usually only worked for a while, maybe 2 weeks or whatsoever. Recentely, I swiched to the most basic skin care method: cleanser and light moisturizer. It works! So from my experience, for most men, high-end skin care products are not worth their prices. Those products are mostly developed for women's skin. The best idea to keep your skin good is to keep it clean and blance oil and water in you skin. Maybe for anti-aging skin care, it will be another story...

Comment

• Tiron
      • Nov 2012

I think that this article stands true in streamlining your products for sure. The best product I've used is a Korean Ginkgo cleaner that they sell at the place I get my facial.

I think that a regular trip to the beautician can really help to add that deep cleanse you may not always be getting at home as well.

Comment

• JohnHowells
        • Mar 2013

Some people have the habits of experimenting with new products on the skin, under the influence of advertisement. But this can be very dangerous some times. With cosmetics you need to exercise, drink lots of water and sleep well for good glowing skin.
        Mobiles

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I had no idea that Kiehl's was bought by L'Oreal in 2000. Ugh...
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

L'Oreal owns much of the free world. Most don't know they own The Body Shop and Shu Uemera, amongst others.

They also make Margiela's perfume. I'm sure this is what he had in mind when he started his label.
            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Icarium
              • Oct 2010

Ho, so they are like the Luxottica of the human hygiene world? ;p

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

One of them, with Protor & Gamble, Coty, etc.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• MJRH
                  • Nov 2006

^very interesting. i'd never thought to look it up, not that it's surprising. for the equally uneducated, apparently a) nestle is a large shareholder of loreal, which b) also happens to own yves saint laurent, ralph lauren, diesel, and armani (map)

funny how advertising works. when you say "loreal" i associate it with fruity shampoo dispensed from a colourful and child friendly fishbottle

ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• eat me
                    • May 2009

no suprise, as the heiress to just 30% stake in L'Oreal is the richest woman in the world.

Comment

• snafu
                      • Apr 2008

fuck tell me they dont own Aesop as well?

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Independent. For now.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Castor
                          • Nov 2009

It seems like the goal with many independent skin care companies, just like most fashion brands is to cash out with a sale to one of the conglomerates. The results are often disappointing, but the original creators don't seem to mind while they are sipping rum punch on an island somewhere.
                          Originally posted by DRRRK
                          The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

You wouldn't believe how many are started based on that exact plan. Kinda sad.

It's pretty bad that Chanel's perfume business is more independent than most of the companies we see as "niche". The magic word in the perfume industry is "licensed".

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

In their defense I am sure it's not easy to say "no" when someone with a fat check comes knocking. Apparently, L'Oreal pursued Kiehl's for two years or so.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

Dont' get me wrong...I would sell! Eventually, if you're lucky, your brand will grow beyond the niche/independent market regardless, so you may as well cash in. Even Guerlain sold out eventually.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎