Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DHC
    • Jul 2007

Re: Expensive skincare - is it worth it?

[quote user="Faust"]/\ i suspected as much. this industry is ready for a heavy hitting investigative journalism.
    [/quote]

Totally! Another thing that really bugs me is how crazy it is that as more and more men are focusing in on grooming and skin care the more options we see surfacing that are the same formula for women only heavily diluted. Talk about preying on the ignorant.

Originally posted by Faust
    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• kira
      • Mar 2008

It is not only the products that determine the outcome. The most important part is the skin care regimen that you follow. You obviously have to find the right type of products for your skin type, dry, oily, etc. If you have highly sensitive skin like I do, then products with less fragrance as well. What works best for me, recommended by this lovely woman I was buying product from, is to use a very mild simple cleansing system. Then, follow with a good moisturizer, med to heavy depending on your skin, and then if still needed a lighter moisturizer. I do this at night, every night (or try to) and then in the morning replenish with the lighter moisturizer. I only exfoliate once or twice a week, because you take moisture out of your skin. I follow the philosophy that the more natural it is, the better it is for your skin. I use the Clinique system and have for quite a long time and it seems to be outstanding for me. Most serums are very unnecessary unless you have a dermatological problem. Also, diet plays a huge role. Your body needs tons of water and what you eat does affect your skin as well. Genetics plays a nice role as well. My family has a great youthful appearance and really soft skin and I was always taught to take care of mine since I was very young, which helps.

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• kira
        • Mar 2008

relatively inexpensive as well. my cleansers and moisturizers last me for months. so maybe i spend $100 for the entire year...

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

Nice. My expenditure is minimal as well. I think that diet plays the most significant role for me. Well, that and smoking as a detriment to my skin. I guess I am fortunate on the genetics tip like you though.
          Originally posted by Faust
          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• kira
            • Mar 2008

/\ diet can be huge, especially if you have any food sensitivities, it will show in your skin quickly. and it stays in your skin for a while. it acts like a toxin. smoking is just bad. [66]

also, if you use the products at the best times that also helps keep the expenditure down. at night - or when you will be resting is always the best time for everything, your body is in a recovery healing kind of mode, not fighting anything.

Comment

• mesh
              • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

BTW, I recently switched my shaving cream from Kiehl's to Geo Trumper, and I would never go back - this stuff is awesome. [Y]

[/quote]

Excellent Faust! I have been using gft and edwin jagger razors/brushes for 8 years now and they are simply the best. Let me know if you'd like any other info on them as I've used practically the entire range. Youneed a badger hair brush now my friend.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I do (especially since my wife gave me a Geo Trumper shaving soap as well), but I whimper at the prices - they are absolutely insanely otherworldly fucking ridiculous!
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
                  • Mar 2008

/\ good wife. Geo Trumper is great.

Comment

• mesh
                    • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]I do (especially since my wife gave me a Geo Trumper shaving soap as well), but I whimper at the prices - they are absolutely insanely otherworldly fucking ridiculous!
                    [/quote]

Yes but I have been using my brush for this entire duration and after the initial shed it is virtually unchanged. This brush will last me a good 20 more years ha. My favorite creams (I buy the jars) are the rose, violet and limes. The shave oil can be substituted with moisturizer as it's not a necessity.

Comment

• denimfan
                      • Feb 2008

Depends on your skin. I have sensitive skin and I buy great skincare products.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I could've sworn we had a grooming thread, this is kinda it I suppose.

Just wanted to report that Aesop is starting to win me over in spite of myself.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fenix
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Just wanted to report that Aesop is starting to win me over in spite of myself.
                          I've used a few Aesop products, seemed like great stuff. I just can't seem to take the time to use anything on a regular basis.
                          Originally posted by hausofblaq
                          Grow up.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                            • May 2008

I swear by Dermalogica products. Especially their skin smoothing cream is great.
                            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Vanna
                              • May 2008

Best thing for skin: Tons of water.
                              Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Crowzer
                                • Feb 2011

And sleep !

Comment

Working...
                                X