X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eat me
    • May 2009

Originally posted by Castor View Post
    It seems like the goal with many independent skin care companies, just like most fashion brands is to cash out with a sale to one of the conglomerates. The results are often disappointing, but the original creators don't seem to mind while they are sipping rum punch on an island somewhere.
    there, fixed it for you ;). I think it's most obvious with software companies. Sure, I'll have $1B.

Comment

• snafu
      • Apr 2008

quite a good link for the rundown :

—–Updated on March 15th, 2010. Many thanks to Poppy for the info on YSL So today I was talking with a friend online, and she asked me a really good question: In the cosmetic industry, w…

Comment

• 550BC
        • Jan 2013

don't know if I can post this here, but these are my favorite barbers in The Netherlands. Schorem Haarsnijder & Barbier. Bad Ass tattood bearded barbers in an old school vintage barbershop with a rock and roll vibe, just the real old school barbershop thing, where they don't allow women inside but dogs are allowed and where you can get a glass of whiskey. anyway they sell the best stuff to take care of your beard etc.
        they even have the same product Salvador Dali used for his iconic mustache

Last edited by 550BC; 04-29-2014, 05:53 PM.
        a fish out of water dies

Comment

• fncyths
          • Apr 2010

holy shit! they carry Reuzel pomade! Old buddies of my are involved with that. small world. rad

Originally posted by Shucks
          it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
          Originally posted by interest1
          I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• 550BC
            • Jan 2013

Small world indeed! Reuzel is also Dutch
            a fish out of water dies

Comment

• BlacknWhite
              • Apr 2014

Nothing fancy really, but heres what I do.

-A gallon of water a day
              -Healthy diet
              -Keep hair away from face, so as to not get it oily and cause breakouts
              -Japanese drug store brand Gatsby face wash once every other day.
              -Cetaphil Gentle skin cleanser
              -Clarisonic brush, If you're a teenager, or someone who simply gets acne easily no matter what, this is for you. Also obviously great for people who wear make up everyday.
              -Witch hazel toner for any remaining dirt and dead skin your cleanser didn't get rid of.
              -A decent moisturizer, and night cream.

As for styling hair,(which I don't do anymore as I'm in the process of growing it long) I use to use Hairbond products. Smells great, and works great. The Moulder, and Shaper work best with short to medium length hair. By medium, I mean like for a quiff/pompadour haircut.
              Last edited by BlacknWhite; 05-01-2014, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• Ulf
                • Apr 2014

The absolute essentials for me are tretinoin and sunscreen. Tretinoin keeps skin as young and healthy as possible, and repairs many old damages, by "reminding" the skin cells of how they're supposed to work. Sunscreen is of course needed to combat photoaging, which is especially important since tretinoin speeds up cell turnover so that fresher, more sensitive skin is exposed.

AM: Gentle cleanser, toner, 2% BHA gel, antioxidant serum, moisturizing zinc-based sunscreen

PM: Gentle cleanser, toner, 8% AHA gel, moisturizer, 0.1% tretinoin cream

I use the highest common strength of tretinoin daily, and also exfoliate with BHA/AHA daily, which might be too harsh for some. When you're starting tretinoin treatment, it's a very good idea to start with 0,025% or 0,05% and slowly build up. Your skin will probably turn irritated and flakey initially, but it's all worth it. Really worth it. I mainly use products from Paula's Choice.

Comment

• Eisenbaum
                  • Apr 2014

You really shouldn't use BHAs and tretinoin on the same day, that's way too much exfoliation. Also that reads like an advertisement.

Comment

• Ulf
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Eisenbaum View Post
                    You really shouldn't use BHAs and tretinoin on the same day, that's way too much exfoliation. Also that reads like an advertisement.
                    Tretinoin isn't technically an exfoliator, but it can irritate the skin and cause it to flake (particularly in the beginning). Tretinoin speeds up the cell turnover beneath the skin's surface, so older cells are pushed to the surface. Exfoliators can help to slough off these cells, but at the same time they can add to skin irritation.

I was expecting to cut back on BHAs and AHAs when I started using tretinoin, but it seems like my skin can handle it all.

I don't have any ties to Paula's Choice or any tretinoin manufacturer (besides the fact that I like and use the products).
                    Last edited by Ulf; 05-10-2014, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

So, these days my favorite is the Eucris line from Geo F. Trumper. The scent is just PERFECT. I don't know how to describe it, but I want to use nothing else ever again.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
                        Vegan Police
                        • Sep 2011

My absolute favorite hair product. It holds extremely well and makes your hair darker. Only downside is that if you get caught in the rain you get some Fifth Element Zorg hair drip action.
                        StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                          • Apr 2013

guess you never went back for real

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          I always feel duped when I need to buy something for my wife - after a while of a salesman talking to me, I just feel numb and by whatever... She loves this stuff though.

BTW, I recently switched my shaving cream from Kiehl's to Geo Trumper, and I would never go back - this stuff is awesome. [Y]

Originally posted by unwashed
                          Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                          Originally posted by Ahimsa
                          I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• negroygris
                            • Aug 2013

Paula's choice by far has the best BHA I have ever used. I normally use it after exfoliating and toning and it literally has eliminated blackheads and prevents me from getting those white dots I used to get under my eyes.

You guys should check it out, my girlfriend got me into it and it's a must.

They are having a 15% discount promo going here's a link: www.paulaschoice.com
                            We hope that people will begin to see beyond the superficial surface of things and understand that there is far more to a design than just the way it looks on the outside.

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                              guess you never went back for real
                              Haha, I guess so! This stuff really is the best. The only exception I make is for the aftershave. Their "Skin food" has too much alcohol in it. I use Taylor's after shave - another English brand, and it's really fantastic. I suppose there is something to be said about the English tradition to catering to gentlemen after all...
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• broken_chairs
                                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Haha, I guess so! This stuff really is the best. The only exception I make is for the aftershave. Their "Skin food" has too much alcohol in it. I use Taylor's after shave - another English brand, and it's really fantastic. I suppose there is something to be said about the English tradition to catering to gentlemen after all...
                                The Taylor's aftershave really is excellent.

Though currently I can't go past the Baxter of California one. Really soothing and moisturising.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎