X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thehouseofdis
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
    D – Now that you're a resident, you'll want to adopt this version of the state motto.
    .....*the original is only for visitors.
    THE HOUSE OF DIS
    embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• laughed
      • Jul 2009

Well maybe it's just me....wait, it's not just me.....but Manhattan is the sun and all the crummy little boroughs are tiny little stars. It's not about some idea or fantasy - If given the choice - just the choice alone - I would live in ANY part of manhattan than any part of any borough. And hey, if the space and high prices, again are a reason not to - pfff...give me the lower east side, chinatown, east village even - soho, etc. over any part of brooklyn ANY ANY ANY ANY day - not even a question. My friends who live in "the city" always ask me why i even bother going to brooklyn for a bite to eat or a drink even. It's very true.
      And btw, I was in a bar in bk and saw a little girl with a bag that said "Fuck Manhattan". Really? Really girl? Come on...really? Fuck Manhattan? Weak. VERY WEAK. Williamsburg in a nutshell.

Comment

• endersgame
        • Aug 2009

what the hell are you talking about?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
          he spent too much time in bed stuy. bad taste in his mouth.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MikeN
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by laughed View Post
            Well maybe it's just me....wait, it's not just me.....but Manhattan is the sun and all the crummy little boroughs are tiny little stars. It's not about some idea or fantasy - If given the choice - just the choice alone - I would live in ANY part of manhattan than any part of any borough. And hey, if the space and high prices, again are a reason not to - pfff...give me the lower east side, chinatown, east village even - soho, etc. over any part of brooklyn ANY ANY ANY ANY day - not even a question. My friends who live in "the city" always ask me why i even bother going to brooklyn for a bite to eat or a drink even. It's very true.
            And btw, I was in a bar in bk and saw a little girl with a bag that said "Fuck Manhattan". Really? Really girl? Come on...really? Fuck Manhattan? Weak. VERY WEAK. Williamsburg in a nutshell.
            I agree with this 100%

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
              I agree with this 100%
              don't make me bring out those edit:curbed.com comments!
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MikeN
                • Nov 2007

haha!

Comment

• laughed
                  • Jul 2009

this guy. ↑ "have you considered the bronx?"...

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  he spent too much time in bed stuy. bad taste in his mouth.
                  ha. truer words were never spoken.

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                  I agree with this 100%
                  exactly.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laughed View Post
                    Well... the girl's bag aside, there is more to the boroughs than Williamsburg's hipsters and there certainly is a different flavor to Brooklyn versus Manhattan proper. Personally (and a lot of others on here will agree as they live this) I'd reside in Brooklyn and just go into Manhattan to do things/buy things. Maybe I'm getting old but I like shit to be quiet, quaint, with things to discover/do/eat that don't rape your bank for the day-to-day which Brooklyn offers. Doing anything in Manhattan drains the wallet so badly it's ridiculous and I'm tired after a day of being in the city.

... but I've only lived in NYC for a month at the longest... mostly 2-8 day long stays aside from that.

If you're a big partier and like to go out then maybe Manhattan may be the way to go.
                    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Bingo, Albert.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ink
                        • Sep 2010

I WISH I CAN HAVE CHANCE TO GO TO NEW YORK AND LIVE THERE FOR 2 WEEKS. ME NEVER BEEN TO US ACTUALLY......

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

/\ You will be here in September, if I have something to say.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theaddict
                            • Apr 2008

Ok then everything has been said: manhattan it is for me;)
                            Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• endorphinz
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2009

have you considered the bronx? riverdale is really nice..
                              Riverdale is beautiful...and quiet...maybe too quiet. I can get to Soho, non rush hour in about 20 mins by car...commuter rail 22 mins to grand central and about 40-45 mins by subway.Not much goin' on up here tho but that's why people like it. If you live in the NYC area and have a car take a ride up the west side highway and check out the whole general area and the Fieldstone section in particular. I guarantee it's as nice as anything in the US...if not nicer.

view from my terrace

there was an apartment building(condo/coop) that was mis timed and coincided with the economy bust. As a result, I believe there are bargains to be had in this neck of the woods these daze. I think they are renting as well.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Gorgeous view.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎