X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

Re: Volga Volga- Any info?

can you provide a full picture of the fit? where did you pick it up?
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Kev- That is a really cool shirt! Really interesting details on it. We need to see some full pics! :)
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• kompressorkev
        • Dec 2006

i'm actually putting it up for sale tonight.fitment pic will be there. i got it from a japanese shop, selectshopCORE. it's a great piece, just that brown's not really my color. and for the price i paid, i could use the money for other things. but based on this shirt and the stuff i've tried, Volga Volga is great quality, with a lot of details, deconstruction, and experimentation w/ fabrics.

-------------------------------

this piece just uploaded to yoox looks very very similar to one of the f/w arrival i tried on. it's made of wool, hemp, cashmere, and nylon. for $718, the price is good compared to the stuff i've seen in stores. their outwear jackets are pretty hefty, very nice stuff. http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/VOLGA+...s/searchResult

Comment

• kompressorkev
          • Dec 2006

found some interesting pictures that i thought i'd share. i hadn't really seen the footwear before, but i've been gleaning a little info here and there from some russian articles. Mikhail Panteleev and his girlfriend / assistant designer Siorihand-dye the footwear in rare dyes, such as japanese sumo inks, and then age-process it with acetone. they nail things by hand, and the process is supposed to be pretty labor intensive. one article suggested that VolgaVolga took big influences from Carpe Diem, noting a few similar pieces, and that thepricing and aesthetic were pretty similar (pricing is closer than the aesthetic is). it looks like Paul Harndenmixed withCarpe Diem, but stretchy[73]. the first pic on the left is a pic of Mikhail as well.

i'd love to get my hands on some more volgavolga. their website doesn't tell much, and after sending them an email, didn't get a response on stocklists. but...there's like 9 stocklists or so worldwide that i can count, though websites say there's supposedly only 8 stocklists (perhaps they're expanding...)

Comment

• pipcleo
            • Jan 2007

Last edited by pipcleo; 09-01-2010, 01:22 AM.

Comment

• huskiesonice
              • Mar 2008

I've found what looks a really great Volga Volga long coat, made out of canvas.

Does anyone know how Volga Volga coats fit around the shoulders? Personally I don't like coats that are narrow in the shoulders, and from the pictures it's very hard to tell how this coat will fit.

I see, from reading this thread, that maybe Volga Volga also runs small - is that a valid comment?

This is a Large and I'm somewhere between a 40 and a 42. The coat looks stunning though, but buying stuff that doesn't quite fit is soul destroying - not to mention expensive!

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

my coat fits just fine - medium, I'm a 48.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• misterpale
                  • Apr 2008

if someone comin´from germany....k.h. in cologne is carries v.v.a good friend of mine bought are very nice reversiblejersey coat there.

Comment

• kompressorkev
                    • Dec 2006

missed out on a few shirts, but got the linen pants

a quick search revealed nothing about the Hemp-Dulgunech linen though.

Comment

• misterpale
                      • Apr 2008

nice proceed tag.....

Comment

• theaddict
                        • Apr 2008

[quote user="huskiesonice"]

I've found what looks a really great Volga Volga long coat, made out of canvas.

Does anyone know how Volga Volga coats fit around the shoulders? Personally I don't like coats that are narrow in the shoulders, and from the pictures it's very hard to tell how this coat will fit.

I see, from reading this thread, that maybe Volga Volga also runs small - is that a valid comment?

This is a Large and I'm somewhere between a 40 and a 42. The coat looks stunning though, but buying stuff that doesn't quite fit is soul destroying - not to mention expensive!

[/quote]

i bought a volga volga coat here at Kurts store in germany. It has really a nice fabric, dark green outside and a reversible black side (which cant get zipped up though). Its a S and fits perfectly and shows off a bit of your body silhouette because it is not so stiff. I am a 46, so i would say a S fits pretty much the same. If you are a european 40 or 42 a L will be far too big, even a S maybe too big. I agree with everyone about the price, i think if ir i remember right it cost me 900? which is quite steep in my opinion for a "cardiganlike coat". hope this helps.

Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Boki
                          • May 2008

just adding that i think volga volga has the best use of natural dye i have seen, and the formation of colors on shirts and overall everything,

down here eastern market stocks some of their stuff and am planning to get a fee shirts from them.

Comment

• kira
                            • Mar 2008

Volga Volga

Here you go Faust

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• kira
                              • Mar 2008

more:

Comment

• kira
                                • Mar 2008

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎