Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anton
    • Oct 2014

Faust, fantastic article! Immediately clicked it when i saw it in my feed, such a unique and intriguing story. I wonder how it's working with someone like Yohji, I can't event imagine something like that especially as a Russian shortly after leaving the Soviet Union.

"Kawakubo’s own recent catwalk efforts that result in absurdist silhouettes, the effort she calls “not making clothing,” and on the other hand you can see this in the streetwear takeover of fashion, with its uniform of hoodies and sweatpants that need no design acumen." Is this trend going to end like all the others? I think it might be reaching it's plateau....
    I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
    My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

• monster
      • Aug 2009

Faust, amazing! I wish this article never ends :)

"I decided not to make black clothing, even though black is the most versatile ‘color’ and it will always be that way. In a way black is easy; it’s a win-win situation." This! Everybody knows, how effortless it is to look good in black, it's a no-brainer of clothes and it requires some amount of courage to exclude color black from one's toolbox. True master never chooses easy ways, especially working with moody, dusty palette, making clothes more beautiful from inside than from outside. I was rather thrilled with this statement from an old interview, where Panteleev answering the question: what will never appear in your life, said: color black.

"Volga Volga did well until 2008, when the global financial crisis hit", and yeah, starting from this period Volga definitely lost that intricate and attractive "dystopian stalker" vibe it used to have. I feel especially sorry for those massive, grotesque boots, shoe lasts for which were discarded forever. But it's no surprise: fashion is dead.

"lit up with excitement, as he does any time shows his work", Pirsig immediately springs to mind when you get in touch with Panteleev, a person, whose life and work gravitate towards true Quality.

Thanks again for your work, Faust!

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Anton View Post
        Faust, fantastic article! Immediately clicked it when i saw it in my feed, such a unique and intriguing story. I wonder how it's working with someone like Yohji, I can't event imagine something like that especially as a Russian shortly after leaving the Soviet Union.

"Kawakubo’s own recent catwalk efforts that result in absurdist silhouettes, the effort she calls “not making clothing,” and on the other hand you can see this in the streetwear takeover of fashion, with its uniform of hoodies and sweatpants that need no design acumen." Is this trend going to end like all the others? I think it might be reaching it's plateau....
        Thank you Anton and monster. It's hard to say - anyone who predicts the future, especially in fashion, runs a high risk of becoming a fool. I do think the continuing casualisation of clothing is here to stay, but it might form into something else. I do think a day will come when a new generation of women will wake and realize that wearing tights with a short tee is fucking disgusting. Same for men and sweatpants. But, who knows.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zen dog
          • Jan 2014

^ This isn't original, but men wearing sweatpants is saying "I give up"
          As for women and tights, your comment shows how dedicated you are to fashion- you haven't given hormones a back seat, you tied them to the back bumper and started driving at 70mph :-)

Comment

• mikemikemike
            • Jun 2011

from their FB notice it appears that Volga is closing down their shop this summer.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎