X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reborn
    • Aug 2008

Where can you find the collection

Aside from Maxfield and the Archive, where can you find Volga Volga in the States...I know Alan Bilzerian occassionally carries a few pieces of outwear.

This stuff is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• kira
      • Mar 2008

i think H. Lorenzo...others may be able to help with that more.
      Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Why, thank you, daaaahling!
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
          • Mar 2008

(insert rose here) procrastination from other not fun work things
          Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• theetruscan
            • Jan 2008

I like how their female model is wearing the cropped pants as full-length pants.
            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I think Pollyanna should pick them up. It would fit right in. It would also fit in at IF.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• maldoror
                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by kira View Post

the clitoral elbow pad is weirding me out.

Comment

• kompressorkev
                  • Dec 2006

when i called H.Lorenzo about it, they said next season. maybe s/s 09? not sure. i know Archive has some, and i've picked some up from Maxfields before but i need to check both of them out once i'm in the area.

Comment

• theetruscan
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by kira View Post
                    So, I think Volga does better men's than women's, but I just love this picture.
                    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• reborn
                      • Aug 2008

the fabrics

the fabrics they use are also lush. And they use a layering construction...the seams are all exposed intentionally.

Comment

• theetruscan
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by reborn View Post
                        the fabrics they use are also lush. And they use a layering construction...the seams are all exposed intentionally.
                        Errr, they use quite a range of fabrics. Some lush, some not. Most of their t's are reversible, but on the majority of their tops that I've seen, the seams are not exposed. There are obviously some exceptions, and I've probably only seen 15 or so different Volga pieces in person.

EDIT: Not even sure what a layering construction means. I've not seen any double-layered or similar pieces from Volga Volga. The t's tend to be patchwork, with seams exposed when reversed, not when left. The jackets/sweatshirts I've seen are also decidedly not layered, though some are lined. Or am I just responding to a "push to 50" post?

EDIT2: Goddamnit I am.

Comment

• reborn
                          • Aug 2008

Ouch.

Several of their outerwear pieces that have a construction with a wool and linen blend that has several layers with raw edges to create an apparently lightweight garment that is still warm and heavy.

The only tees I have seen were on Yoox, and were interesting.

Comment

• theetruscan
                            • Jan 2008

Seen their cotton/linen, seen their cotton/wool. Haven't seen wool/linen yet, gotta find that.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                              Errr, they use quite a range of fabrics. Some lush, some not. Most of their t's are reversible, but on the majority of their tops that I've seen, the seams are not exposed. There are obviously some exceptions, and I've probably only seen 15 or so different Volga pieces in person.

EDIT: Not even sure what a layering construction means. I've not seen any double-layered or similar pieces from Volga Volga. The t's tend to be patchwork, with seams exposed when reversed, not when left. The jackets/sweatshirts I've seen are also decidedly not layered, though some are lined. Or am I just responding to a "push to 50" post?

EDIT2: Goddamnit I am.
                              Plenty of his heavier pieces are "layering construction." You can often tell by the fabric sample patch attached to the tag representing all the materials that go into the garment (but you know that already). I think my coat is a good example of what reborn is trying to say - it's three layers, with the middle one contrasting in color and just slightly peeking out at the hem (unfinished hem). Heh, I was thinking of selling it, but all this talk makes me want to keep it! :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stadsvandringar
                                • Aug 2008

Is it just me, or do a lot of the cuts and materials seem very carpe diem-esque? I'll definitely have to check out what they've got a alan blizarian.

Also, I hear the sizing is pretty odd.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎