Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940

Thread: Yohji Yamamoto

He is a romantic womanizer, that's for sure. (and I am not saying that's a bad thing!)
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

His clothes are sensual and ritualistic simultaneously.

For the first time in 5 years, Y's will show 2 runway shows at Omotesando, Tokyo. They will live stream their capsule collection collaboration Y's Alcantara FW19 on Saturday, May 25th at 7:00pm JST (6:00am EST)

More on SZ-Mag

Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    For the first time in 5 years, Y's will show 2 runway shows at Omotesando, Tokyo. They will live stream their capsule collection collaboration Y's Alcantara FW19 on Saturday, May 25th at 7:00pm JST (6:00am EST)

More on SZ-Mag
    Pretty unremarkable, especially the silver reflective outerwear towards the end. The good clothes weren't much to write home about either, aside one or two of them. Not much else to say.

Default Little help ?

Have this Yohji with a really cool vintage pin up graphic. The tags faded, canít make out much except for care/content, 90% rayon 10% silk.

I was thinking it was from fall 1991 ? Anyone know for sure ?

Does anyone have the tracklist for the latest mens show? Didn't want to bump a thread from 5 months ago so I'm asking here.

Edit: found the first song in the tracklist which was the one I was looking for. It's a cover of Yosui Inoue's 傘がない (No Umbrella).
    Last edited by Monologue; 06-03-2020 at 04:51 AM.

I have something special to share; a VOD of the 2016 Dressmaker documentary released on Vimeo, which I generally hear very little about and wasn't posted in this thread when it released. I don't know how it stacks up against Notebook on Cities and Clothes since I haven't watched it, but I am sure everyone who likes Yohji will also like this documentary. Here are some good quotes and low-res screenshots I took. DL link at the bottom.

"Do you want to exchange your life for creation? If you don't create, then are you going to die? Then create... If you design clothing as a hobby, please stop it. You're just behaving like a 'fashion designer'; 'stylish', which I don't like too much... Get out of my sight."

"I have to go out in the vanity fair, which I really don't like, but I have to pretend. These people like rumours very much. So people say Yohji is mysterious... Because I'm lying!"

https://mega.nz/file/eYJFEI4S#h468oM...OSo9rfKPXQKAOY
    Last edited by Monologue; 06-03-2020 at 06:51 PM.

Also, cool pictures from FW18. I got them from an all-black branded USB key they gave me when I went shopping at the Paris store back then. Seeing the collection from the back in pictures is a whole other universe, these photos made me truly understand why Yohji loves the back so much. Download link for all the files is at the bottom.

https://mega.nz/file/LcYj2IjL#UOLT7e...WZgXVyxfTsj14E

Enjoy.

I admit his work used to be the emblem of the rebel, the dark goth label... I just have a hard time appreciating his look-this-is-the-most-cynical-rhetorical-possible-ever quotes. I'm not sure about teenagers in other parts of the world but kids here have invented a parody pattern of "Yohji fake quotes", eg, "Mao is the future of mankind --- Yohji Yamamoto" usually coupled by a picture of YY smoking...

He is still much appreciated in Europe thanks to Grailed and archive stuff, though I don't see many teenagers go that deep into his aesthetic or get hardcore about him. And it goes without saying that when bought new he is way too expensive for all young people without daddy's credit card at hand. And I guess if he was more popular he would be in some shitty IG fashion memes too. Personally, I am enamoured with his output. He is still making fantastic clothing after all this time, so in some way he deserves to bitch and moan about what's around him. He hasn't given up yet, is the feeling I get from his recent collections.

Quote Originally Posted by 13we2 View Post
    kids here have invented a parody pattern of "Yohji fake quotes", eg, "Mao is the future of mankind --- Yohji Yamamoto" usually coupled by a picture of YY smoking...
    Do you have some examples to share? Would love to see them, much better than what our comedic geniuses are coming up with.