• Show
Clear All
  • u-ti
    • Apr 2012

thank you for this beautiful link rider

Comment

• u-ti
      • Apr 2012

for those who can read the japanese language, new book out at the end of last month, mine is on it's way

Comment

• Penelope_Fashion
        • Dec 2013

Thought I could share one of his phrases with you, devoted fans of Yohji Yamamoto, as it has impressed me truly: "You can say that designing is quite easy. The difficulty lies in finding a new way to explore beauty" Do you have any thoughts?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Penelope_Fashion View Post
          Thought I could share one of his phrases with you, devoted fans of Yohji Yamamoto, as it has impressed me truly: "You can say that designing is quite easy. The difficulty lies in finding a new way to explore beauty" Do you have any thoughts?
          That's what I've been harping on for the past 5 years or so.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Penelope_Fashion
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            That's what I've been harping on for the past 5 years or so.
            It's good to know I am not the only one=)

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I can't figure it out myself, haha. Benefit of the doubt?
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post

I can't figure it out myself, haha. Benefit of the doubt?
                There's been a lot of that going on lately.
                sain't

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

damned if you do, damned if you don't.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Penelope_Fashion
                    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                    So is P_F just here to spruik the site linked in her post or am I being uncharitable?
                    Had no intention to.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I am not sure how many of you know, but all of you Yohji fans should, about Irene Silvagni, who was Yohji's creative director for many years. She was absolutely instrumental in his success, and she is one of the few people who will speak freely about fashion - a real gem.

Here is a quote from her form Vestoj, a fashion theory journal.

"I was so lucky to work for all those years with Yohji. Such a genius. Such a charismatic person. I'm always melancholic because I have the feeling that right now he is hurting himself. I think he's tired of it all. I can see it in the clothes. His old partner, Rei Kawakubo from Comme des Garcons is still fighting to be the most modern, the most daring. She is building a veritable empire. She knows how to surround herself with people who will protect her, who can speak for her when necessary. She has nurtured young designers like Tao and Junya Watanabe and keeps them close to her. Her husband works with her, as does her brother. They are all working together, and this sense of protection and loyalty is so important. Yohji isn't running after success anymore. This is what I get from looking at the images from his presentations. I don't go to the shows anymore, it's too much you know. It was such a close relationship - we were really like brother and sister. I can't go there and just sit in the audience when I once did so much for him. I think Yohji is trying to disappear, and when he does one of the great masters of this industry will be gone."

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Verdandi
                        • Mar 2012

If memory serves me right there was a short video feature about her and her work with Yohji on Byronesque a couple of months ago and even posted somewhere in this thread.
                        lavender menace

Comment

• old
                          • Jul 2009

Couldn't find it in this thread but I presume it is this one you're talking about?

As sad as it is, one simply cannot go on forever, especially in a field like fashion. As one ages a different pace of work is needed. I don't even think that Rei Kawakubo is doing that well nowadays despite her empire. Perhaps Ann is the wised in this regard.
                          Tradition ist Bewahrung des Feuers und nicht Anbetung der Asche.

Comment

• k3mist
                            • Apr 2013

SS15, starts off a little messy but ends brilliant. classic yohji, love the jackets and hem lines

Comment

• Resonkuken
                              • Oct 2012

I thought it was brilliant. He truly is a genious.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

You lazy fucks - post the goddamn collections so we can all discuss it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎