X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinyl Only
    • Jun 2012

On a more hopeful note, I really wish they would just do a Yohji line similar to CDG BLACK. And by that I mean classic shapes and silhouettes in cotton and wool without all the bells and whistles.

I see more people wear Yohji-esque shapes now than I have in a long time, certainly more than id ever imagine wearing this jewelry. I imagine Ys and YPH is either too crazy or out of their price range but a Yohji BLACK collection might be just right?

Most importantly, its Yohji's cuts, secret details and materials that speak volumes to the wearer over time. To me no one else really comes close. If they can deliver this feeling in a secondary line it could possibly convert people to his main lines even more effectively than Cdg Black?

Comment

• stadsvandringar
      • Aug 2008

^^^ It sounds like you mean something like Y's/Y's for men. The line was supposed to be more "basic" and actually was cheaper than the mainline, but marginally. Quality was equally good, but for whatever reason it didn't seem to grab attention the same way the mainline does (Y's women seems to be doing okay though). The more basic approach is also the intention with the regulation line, although that doesn't seem to be taking off particularly either.

I agree that Yohji is no CDG, but for better or worse he seems to be taking a page from their playbook.

Comment

• Vinyl Only
        • Jun 2012

No, I'm aware of Ys and even mentioned it in my last post.
        I mean a line that isn't just marginally less.
        Ys covers this need in a way, but I'm suggesting something even less costly to attract new/younger Yohji fans. I would guess that would be more effective and less of a compromise than this new jewelry line. Thats the context of this suggestion.

Comment

• galia
          • Jun 2009

Or maybe Yohji just genuinely wants to be a mall goth now

Comment

• Vinyl Only
            • Jun 2012

Well now that you mention it, he does wear those elevator shoes, doesn't he??? ;)

Comment

• orlais
              • Oct 2014

To me it really doesn't matter what he's doing on the side - as long as Y's and YYPH are producing stellar pieces year on year. I enjoyed SS16.
              Instagram
              Grailed

Comment

• Vinyl Only
                • Jun 2012

Well, it does matter actually, especially considering Yohji's overall level of distinction. I see what you're saying though. We're on opp. sides of the same coin because I also agree with you that his continued success with YYPH and Y's is ultimately the most important thing.
                I haven't felt anything that matches the feel of Yohji on the body. I'm sure you agree he's in a category all his own.

Comment

• superlatens
                  • Nov 2014

Originally posted by galia View Post
                  Or maybe Yohji just genuinely wants to be a mall goth now

Comment

• acebrotura
                    • Jul 2015

How long do you all see Yohji continuing to design lines season after season? I know the company is beyond his control now but I don't think I really want to see a world where the Yohji brand ceaselessly drums on without having that guiding force (Y-3 and some of his other lines aside), like with what happened with Ann.

Comment

• NOHSAD
                      • Nov 2014

A global platform for emerging talent, i-D celebrates fashion, culture, individuality and youth.

i-D's interview on Yamamoto during this week's PFW (Spring Summer 16). It's a good read, as far as knowing his recent perspective on things. One part that struck me is how disgusted Yamamoto is with the way fashion has become. Don't blame him though...

*EDIT: Thank Xeraphim for the clarification. Posted this fairly quickly and had no time to back-track it.
                      Last edited by NOHSAD; 10-06-2015, 09:09 PM.
                      "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• xeraphim
                        • Nov 2008

i-D did that interview.

Comment

• 37ING
                          • Jun 2015

Originally posted by xeraphim View Post
                          Do you ever plan to stop one day?
                          I can not imagine myself retired. It must be so boring. I also think it's hard to imagine my brand without me. I think Yohji Yamamoto will die with Yohji Yamamoto.
                          This is so true, I really can't imagine how this brand will go without him
                          CDG could be survive without Rei Kawakubo, but I doubt for YY

Comment

• NOHSAD
                            • Nov 2014

I agree that his brand should die with him, can't see anyone else taking it over... Besides, at the current moment, he feels there's no one on his design level to rival him
                            "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• monster
                              • Aug 2009

Not quite sure what's going on here, but as a rumor said these are from a short film about YY shooting.

Comment

• Ulf
                                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by monster View Post
                                Not quite sure what's going on here, but as a rumor said these are from a short film about YY shooting.
                                Perhaps it's this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkMENgTiHMk

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎