X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • byhand
    • Dec 2011

Help, please. I am looking for the trousers shown in first and third photo, and the closest I can find retail is the second photo, which somehow strikes me as being not as interesting as the garments seen in the other photos. Could just be a result of the garment not being shown on a body, but there is also the issue of the dangling ties at the ankle shown in the retail photo - don't see them in the other photos. Anyone know what the trousers in photo 1 and 3 are called or maybe a style code?

Comment

• Ulf
      • Apr 2014

Just a thought, but maybe these could work?

Comment

• byhand
        • Dec 2011

Thanks for the reply. The garment in the link you provide doesn't have the ties at the ankle but it looks as if the fabric gathers at the waist solely as a result of the elasticized waist and the waist tie. The garment I want has pleating at the waist along the front and back. I want to pair the trousers with a Miyake jacket that echos this pleating detail.

Comment

• k3mist
          • Apr 2013

the first picture is the tencel/cupro blend hakama. your best chance is the 2nd hand market. i used to have this, and thats how it looks in motion.

picture 3 is also probably from the same season, not sure on the fabric composition.

SS12 btw

Comment

• byhand
            • Dec 2011

YES! Spring 2012. Thanks.

Comment

• u-ti
              • Apr 2012

a big happy bday to the man, keep on going!

Comment

• naturalalmonds
                • Sep 2013

This got a mention in the Fashion Books thread, but I figured it deserves a mention here. Rizzoli is releasing a new book called Yamamoto & Yohji on Nov 11th 2014

I made a gallery of some of the interior spreads released by Rizzoli, which can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/Kgxfi

I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Yes, full review coming up on SZ mag on the day of the release.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• naturalalmonds
                    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Yes, full review coming up on SZ mag on the day of the release.
                    Do you have any specifics details on the kind of content to expect? What sort of writing or commentary? Anything from Yohji himself?
                    I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• xeraphim
                      • Nov 2008

already available at yohji flagships, if you have access to them.

Comment

• SuE
                        • Jan 2013

Ohh new SZ mag soon? Can't wait
                        One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

the website (he referred to the release date of the book)
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by xeraphim View Post
                            already available at yohji flagships, if you have access to them.
                            Not in the states. All stores get the book on the same day.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by naturalalmonds View Post
                              Do you have any specifics details on the kind of content to expect? What sort of writing or commentary? Anything from Yohji himself?
                              You should be reading sz-mag.com religiously! WTF is wrong with you people?!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• naturalalmonds
                                • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                You should be reading sz-mag.com religiously! WTF is wrong with you people?!
                                Hah, sorry, I was referring to the content of the book :) Looking forward to the SZ review, though

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎