X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • magnusl00
    • Apr 2009

Does anyone know about any rumours that the Rue Cambon shop in Paris would be closing?

Comment

• magnusl00
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by wire.artist
      No, and I don't want to hear about them either.
      Bah me neither...i just read (can't remember where though) that the Paris shop would close as well..anyways i know the shop manager and she hasn't mentioned anything so i guess that's just people speculating...

Comment

• magnusl00
        • Apr 2009

Wire -> i was wondering if you know if some yohji pieces are only produced from size 3 and up?

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

not size 3 and UP, a lot of pieces (especially Japan only) are produced in ONLY size 3, and/or even smaller, if you're talking about the mens. It's not always a matter of free sizing, a lot of the tops that are 3-only are just that, and would come up maybe a bit short if you're a 4 like me. Unfortunately sizes 4 and up are mostly usually available only overseas ex-Asia, and there are some great pieces that you'll never see unless you're a smaller size (like that crushed leather shirt, which was cut frickin' tiny). Sometimes you get lucky, the F/W 09 sneakers i got are in a 6.

One can never get the full scope of a Yohji collection unless they visit the shops in Japan, most buys anywhere else are a more specific curating of the collection.
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• magnusl00
            • Apr 2009

Thank you both for your insight. I asked coz i picked up a piece from A and was told it was one size but it was actually marked size 3.

Comment

• MASUGNEN
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
              there are some great pieces that you'll never see unless you're a smaller size (like that crushed leather shirt, which was cut frickin' tiny).
              I bought wire.artist's YY leather shirt. It's sized 3 and fits me as a 48/50 well. It's a perfect piece. I don't know how the 3 sizing relates to the one-size discussion; perhaps wire.artist knows first hand.

Comment

• magnusl00
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by MASUGNEN View Post
                I bought wire.artist's YY leather shirt. It's sized 3 and fits me as a 48/50 well. It's a perfect piece. I don't know how the 3 sizing relates to the one-size discussion; perhaps wire.artist knows first hand.
                Could you send me a link to wire's sales thread?

Comment

• North
                  • Sep 2008

Im very excited to receive my first yohji piece from wire! I bought the long shirt. Im still rather sad his antwerp store closed, it was my favorite store in antwerpen.

Comment

• magnusl00
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by North View Post
                    Im very excited to receive my first yohji piece from wire! I bought the long shirt. Im still rather sad his antwerp store closed, it was my favorite store in antwerpen.
                    That store was soo beautiful....

Comment

• magnusl00
                      • Apr 2009

I got two yohji pieces now and they surely won't be my only ones...

Comment

• Lumina
                        • Dec 2009

Little review of My dear bomb :

Comment

• BUMMER
                          • Feb 2010

Hey Wire,
                          Can you shed some insight on the sizing for vintage items marked 'Medium'? Does it equate with a Yohji size 3 or is it actually larger?
                          I keep finding opportunities for Medium Yohji. At 6ft plus and thin I imagine I could work with size 3 but would I be able to pull off Yohji Medium items? I am expecting these items to fit oversize of course, but not ridiculously oversize in the wrong way...

Comment

• BUMMER
                            • Feb 2010

And B-Intense: Thanks for sharing..
                            Love the white and blue 80s coats, the olive dress and the subtle pattern/shape of the long skirt.

Comment

• tweeds
                              • Sep 2006

Got local bookstore to order a copy of My Dear Bomb for me - figure I would go down to a shop to look for it but they sold out of their copies over Christmas! Glad to see amazon isn't the only one running the show.
                              SITE | TWITTER

Comment

• chameleon
                                • Jun 2008

^let us know what you think of it when you get it. I've been thinking about ordering it too. Are there stores any stores that sell it online besides Amazon?

Does anyone have pictures of YYPH collections from the mid 90's up to 97/98? It would be great if you could post them here, if you happen to have these stored or otherwise access to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎