Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Yohji Yamamoto

^thanks for your input. I was bidding on a copy yesterday but was overbid and decided to not go very high for this. I did however manage to snatch up a copy of A Magazine Curated By YY, which I was happy with considering I've been wanting to read it for some time now.

A much better buy you'll find, beautiful A4 sized photographs and a well curated collection of interviews, conversations and essays. There's even a recipe from Yohji's mother for Oshiruko - she travels with the Yohji team and prepares it for them every season when they arrive in Paris from Tokyo.
    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Recommended for A magazine by Yohji Yamamoto as well. Stunning photography cover and inside. Interesting reading.

I also got the A5 size book from Amazon, nice photo as well but wish its size was A4 or bigger for sake of these photo only. good luck.

Since this thread is in designer archive now, maybe we can bring up an old collection?

Just noticed this video of the SS02 runway show, so I thought I'd post it here in case someone else missed it too. Or just for archival reasons.

It's always nice to see these shows in motion, rather than low res still pictures.

thank you, chameleon. the more, the merrier.

Does anyone know if the Yohji biography will come out in the US? I emailed Ludion without success.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Stumbled upon this photo shoot in one of my old magazines today. Clothes are from homme and femme FW07. Don't have a scanner so I took pictures of them (so quality is not perfect)

click for bigger versions

Quote Originally Posted by JoniF View Post
    It should come out in the United States sometime in October.

http://www.ludion.be/#/en/mode/yohji-yamamoto
    It says "published in English" - doesn't mean it's coming out here. I see it on preorder only on Amazon UK.

Found this quote by Eugene Hutz while researching another designer,

"The only designer worth bothering with is Yohji Yamamoto. His stuff is timeless."
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

You can email Philip Galgiani
    phillip_at_galgiani.com
    212 9669485
    He will be able to tell you when it will be in stock in New york as he has the distribution rights (through Idea Books in the Netherlands).
    (Obviously take out the _at_ and replace).

/\ ok, thanks.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Found this quote by Eugene Hutz while researching another designer,

"The only designer worth bothering with is Yohji Yamamoto. His stuff is timeless."
    Makes sense. No other designer's work in the last 30 years I can think of is as impervious to dating like Yohji's. You can wear a Yohji jacket from 1984 and it looks like 2010, Yohji or otherwise.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Still, you can't call him classic. He's avantgarde and timeless.

Quote Originally Posted by chameleon View Post
    Stumbled upon this photo shoot in one of my old magazines today. Clothes are from homme and femme FW07. Don't have a scanner so I took pictures of them (so quality is not perfect)

click for bigger versions
    I think FW07 Yohji mens might be my favorite collection of the last 5 years. The silhouettes look very modern to me right now. I didn't really start paying attention to Yohji until the season after that...wish I'd caught on sooner.
    Last edited by Real Real; 08-19-2010 at 12:38 AM.

Sorry Faust, I couldn't resist.

YY + KK = the years 2000, for the millennium, a united humanity, a new integrated world.

oh man i gotta come clean, from my point of view here Yohji had to have dug that moment.
    www.matthewhk.net

I don't know who that woman is.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

you're not missing out on a whole lot. the kinda woman only diggable from a pictorial distance, with as little information as possible.
    www.matthewhk.net

YY is quite womenly eager, isn't he?

^ thank you!

has anyone spotted a Part 4 in the wild?