Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Yohji Yamamoto

Please share with the rest of us lazy people.

Lovely. Has a delicious Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland vibe to it.

Gorgeous black dress spotted I need some time and more pictures from various angles to digest it, but I love most of it.

I also heard about an exhibition dedicated to Yohji at the V&A museum in summer 2011, but there's nothing on the website so far... althought the book they are publishing might be a confirmation.

^^ I was just being playful, W-A ;) ....but the colours certainly made me think along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumina View Post
    Plus some of his work will be featured in the exhibition Future Beauty: 30 Years of Japanese Fashion at the Barbican (15 October 2010 - 6 February 2011).

http://www.barbican.org.uk/artgaller...l.asp?ID=10771

Sounds promising
    Very much looking forward to seeing this exhibition - the Barbican tends to do a good job with their galleries. Curator Akiko Fukai has a book by the same name:

http://www.amazon.com/Future-Beauty-...6004676&sr=1-1

Such a bizarre coincidence that it's simultaneously done with the FIT exhibit.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Even better than the Barbican exhibition:

YOHJI YAMAMOTO AT THE V&A

From 12 March - 11 July 2011, the V&A will present a retrospective of the work of visionary Japanese fashion designer Yohji Yamamoto. Conceived as a site-specific installation with its core in Gallery 38 and small interventions throughout the V&A, Yamamoto’s menswear collections will be included in the display of his work for the first time. Each space will take its own meaning within the narrative of the exhibition which explores Yohji Yamamoto’s design world.

Follow exhibition curator, Ligaya Salazar, as she documents the evolution of the exhibition and offers an insight into the research, design and installation process.
    http://www.vam.ac.uk/things-to-do/bl...ji-yamamoto-va

Curator is the editor of the accompanying V&A book that Lumina posted.

I already requested a review copy of the book :-)
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by MASUGNEN View Post
    Yes, see my shirt.
    yes the shirt is nice. he gives interesting designs to the back too. but he seems to be talking about the back trailing some kind of lyricism. so it doesn't necessarily have to be particularly interesting. it can also be simple.
    one's back makes your mind and senses more receptive. then the back starts to talk about something about the person. maybe something more about the person's inside, with your own feelings included. the back can make you get a bit emotional. there is nothing dramatic in particular done in this painting ( athough the subject is toro-nagashi. the objects on the water are not ships nor boats. perhaps the woman is thinking of the departed, her husband ).
    but it's almost like you can see her life through the back, the back line.
    I think he means he wants to let his designs do this kind of thing.

Hi guys, haven't been on this forum for quite a while. Anyway, I was reading through this discussion about the focus on the back on Yohji's pieces and it kind of clicked in my head. Here are some shots that I've taken from my personal YY collection to further illustrate this point:

Vest hybrid shirt - SS08

"Cut" blazer - SS09

Asymmetrical blazer - SS09

Collar from a shirt - SS10

Default V&A Yohji retrospective

The main exhibition space

So this is the space where the core of the exhibition will be housed in: Gallery 38, the last of the three exhibition courts currently used to display the V&A’s main exhibition programme. Roughly 320 square metres in size; formerly the south court gallery, home to the RAF trainee canteen during the Second World War (see image above), it is a pretty impressive room in its own right.

For the Yohji Yamamoto exhibition, one of the design intentions is to highlight the high and beautifully arched ceiling by creating scaffold towers that will reach 7 metres at their highest points. These will house parts of the multi-media timeline we are putting together to highlight some of the wider context of Yohji Yamamoto’s work.
    Full post

Research trip to Kyoto and Tokyo

As part of my research for both the exhibition itself and the accompanying book , I endeavoured on my first trip to Japan in February of this year. The plan was to visit Kyoto to see some of the craftspeople that contribute to the making of Yohji Yamamoto’s incredible garments. The second stop would be Tokyo, or rather Shinagawa, where I would visit the headquarters and, rather nerve-wreckingly, have to interview Mr. Yohji Yamamoto for the publication.

First stop Kyoto, home of small craft industries in particular textiles and ceramics. The Kyo-yuzen dyeing technique originated here in the 1700s and it was the making of this particular kind of Kimono I was about to witness. From the first visit to Chiso in Kyoto (one of the most eminent of Kimono-making companies established in 1555 and also a close collaborator of Yohji Yamamoto) until completed Kimono can take up to three months and hundreds of man-hours designing, dyeing and making it .
    Full post

saw this tag on some old YYPH japan-only trousers with scar stitching, thought it might be of a little interest

________
    FERRARI 400 HISTORY
    Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Yeah, such esoterica is much wanted here. おかげで!

Whenfrom are these pants? And how long did this tag exist?

they were from the tokyo store.. early 1990s, so, 15 years +?
    ________
    Free Xxx Tube Videos
    Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Intereseting that gender and size still speech outer languages.

Quote Originally Posted by MASUGNEN View Post
    Intereseting that gender and size still speech outer languages.
    you were drunk?
    ________
    Xxx amateur
    Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011 at 08:58 PM.

I am drunk.