Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Yohji Yamamoto

Quote Originally Posted by Fade to Black View Post
    there are some great pieces that you'll never see unless you're a smaller size (like that crushed leather shirt, which was cut frickin' tiny).
    I bought wire.artist's YY leather shirt. It's sized 3 and fits me as a 48/50 well. It's a perfect piece. I don't know how the 3 sizing relates to the one-size discussion; perhaps wire.artist knows first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by MASUGNEN View Post
    I bought wire.artist's YY leather shirt. It's sized 3 and fits me as a 48/50 well. It's a perfect piece. I don't know how the 3 sizing relates to the one-size discussion; perhaps wire.artist knows first hand.
    Could you send me a link to wire's sales thread?

Im very excited to receive my first yohji piece from wire! I bought the long shirt. Im still rather sad his antwerp store closed, it was my favorite store in antwerpen.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Im very excited to receive my first yohji piece from wire! I bought the long shirt. Im still rather sad his antwerp store closed, it was my favorite store in antwerpen.
    That store was soo beautiful....

I got two yohji pieces now and they surely won't be my only ones...

Hey Wire,
    Can you shed some insight on the sizing for vintage items marked 'Medium'? Does it equate with a Yohji size 3 or is it actually larger?
    I keep finding opportunities for Medium Yohji. At 6ft plus and thin I imagine I could work with size 3 but would I be able to pull off Yohji Medium items? I am expecting these items to fit oversize of course, but not ridiculously oversize in the wrong way...

And B-Intense: Thanks for sharing..
    Love the white and blue 80s coats, the olive dress and the subtle pattern/shape of the long skirt.

Got local bookstore to order a copy of My Dear Bomb for me - figure I would go down to a shop to look for it but they sold out of their copies over Christmas! Glad to see amazon isn't the only one running the show.

^let us know what you think of it when you get it. I've been thinking about ordering it too. Are there stores any stores that sell it online besides Amazon?

Does anyone have pictures of YYPH collections from the mid 90's up to 97/98? It would be great if you could post them here, if you happen to have these stored or otherwise access to them.

chameleon - Depends on where you're based, if you're in the UK the_book_depository is selling new copies on amazon/Abebooks for 25. The local store is selling for 30 - 35, but i'm going to stick with them since they've been good to me with discounts in the past.

Just noticed amazon also appears to have re-stocked their copies globally.

They are all over Europe for 30 EUR a pop. Those looking for good pictures in the book will be disappointed.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Faust, you have a copy? How's the writing?
    To be honest some of my favourite bits of Yohji-related print material is the text itself, i don't often get with fashion writing but the way Yohji thinks and speaks (well, a translation of the way he thinks) is particularly interesting.

I decided not to pull the trigger - not sure why, to be honest. Well, I suppose still waiting for the miracle to come (that is for the publisher to send me a reviewer's copy).
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by tweeds View Post
    chameleon - Depends on where you're based, if you're in the UK the_book_depository is selling new copies on amazon/Abebooks for 25. The local store is selling for 30 - 35, but i'm going to stick with them since they've been good to me with discounts in the past.

Just noticed amazon also appears to have re-stocked their copies globally.
    Fiddlesticks, I ordered mine straight from Ludion last week because Amazon and Waterstones were out of stock. Oh well, hopefully it will be worth it!
    "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Quote Originally Posted by tweeds View Post
    Faust, you have a copy? How's the writing?
    To be honest some of my favourite bits of Yohji-related print material is the text itself, i don't often get with fashion writing but the way Yohji thinks and speaks (well, a translation of the way he thinks) is particularly interesting.
    Before I saw that Wim Wenders doc and up to that point was just acquainted with Yohji the person via textual interviews, I had a way in my mind of how he delivered those words (I imagined in the English on the page) and what his voice would sound like. Can't say I was "disappointed" when hearing him speak, but it wasn't the image I had built up in my head!
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

^ It's always slightly disconcerting when that happens, aural expectations are powerful things.

In other news, V&A released their exhibition cover image by Nick Knight:

Yohji garments delivered, unpacked, and being condition-checked at the V&A:

http://www.vam.ac.uk/things-to-do/bl...ji-yamamoto-va
    (Curator's Blog in relation to Tweed's post)

I already pre-ordered the exhibition catalogue, I can't wait to see exhibition, it looks and sounds promising thus far. Plus I really want to see what they do at the Wapping Project.
    "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

I should be getting a reviewer's copy as well.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

The 30 years japanese fashion exhibition in London is great, I loved every single pieces from old yohji collection. A great place to visit when in London.