X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kowei
    • Jul 2010

Wait a minute, is that "sapeurs" thing existing anywhere outside of north Paris?
    Is it a real movement?

Edit:

Wow. Flabbergasted

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Thanks for the clarification, guys and the Sapeur article is fascinating!
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

RIP, Y's for men.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• michael_kard
          • Oct 2010

Y's ceased to exist a few years ago, 2009 maybe?
          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            RIP, Y's for men.
            Seriously?
            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Seriously :(

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• chameleon
                • Jun 2008

I also thought it shut down earlier but perhaps I've been mistaken, I think YYPH ss10 felt like an amalgamation of sorts of Y's for Men and YYPH (though not since then) and I can't recall having seen any lookbooks for men's since AW09 but perhaps they've been selling it until now?

We should take some time remember some of the amazing Y's for men stuff that was produced up in the first half of the 00's (and in the 90's I'm sure) up until 06/07 or so.

Comment

• michael_kard
                  • Oct 2010

I have seen it for sale at quite a few stores, but I suspect it's old stock. I went to the Yohji London store a year ago and they told me the line was discontinued.
                  ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                  Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• syed
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                    I went to the Yohji London store a year ago and they told me the line was discontinued.
                    Yeah same, at the beginning of last year they told me that it was discontinued, but there would be people still stocking stuff for a while. Yoox to the rescue I guess.
                    "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• chameleon
                      • Jun 2008

"Pina Bausch + Yohji Yamamoto: Fusion between the two"

Pina in one of Yohji's signature jackets from his AW2002 menswear collection on the cover of MR magazine

I just wanted to share this because I think it's an amazing picture, but if anyone has the magazine above (a longshot, I know), please scan and upload this portrait shoot. I couldn't bear paying the $50+ just for a 6 page spread but I'd love to see the photos from this.

Comment

• fashiondisaster
                        • May 2011

Originally posted by chameleon View Post
                        "Pina Bausch + Yohji Yamamoto: Fusion between the two"

Pina in one of Yohji's signature jackets from his AW2002 menswear collection on the cover of MR magazine

DO NOT REPOST IMAGES ON THE SAME PAGE, PLEASE.

Tnx for share...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        This sure, which was great ... and especially TRUE.
                        FD
                        SEEKING SELECTIVE REASERCH

Comment

• Ivor Montagu
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2012

SS12

...Great piece...

Comment

• chameleon
                            • Jun 2008

I thought I'd post the few pics I have available from some mid-90s collections. From the stuff I've seen in person, the quality is incredible - probably better than today - this stuff holds up really well so there's no reason to not buy it! I love a lot of this, these are some of the classic collections from the 90's that people still remember.

AUTUMN-WINTER 1995

The theme was 鹿鳴館 (Rokumeikan; Meiji-era Western-style building in downtown Tokyo, constructed in 1883 for entertaining foreign diplomats and dignitaries). From wiki: "In the ballroom, Japanese gentlemen in evening dress imported from tailors in London danced the waltz, polka, quadrille, and mazurka with Japanese ladies dressed in the latest Parisian fashions". At the same time, Yohji also seemed to contrast this cultural blend against an american backdrop from the same time, ended up with some urban cowbow amalgamation where cowboy hats were juxtaposed with japanese prints from this era while at the same time doing his take on european formal wear I guess. Basically a suits collection, many takes on informal and formal suits. From what I've seen, a fucking great collection.

Comment

• chameleon
                              • Jun 2008

SPRING-SUMMER 1996

"Flowers and boys". He used several 12, 13 year old models for this show. The cuts were very wide, looking at the pics it almost feels like a teenage boy wearing his father's clothes and making them his own in a way. Didn't he have a section in "My dear bomb" alluding to his? The concept I mean, not this particular collection. He did a lot of clever cutout patterns on jackets, coats, gabardine shirts as well as shoes. The other big theme was flowers, lots of flower prints on shirts, shoes and jackets. The stage was lined with flowers like sunflowers and tulips

Comment

• chameleon
                                • Jun 2008

AUTUMN-WINTER 1996

For this collection he did a lot of layering with bulky knits, complicated inserts, object dyed suits (similar to y's for men aw03), huge velvet coats, corduroy suits, etc. A lot of good stuff in here, imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎