Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Yohji Yamamoto

Quote Originally Posted by k3mist View Post
    exactly, Y3 isnt even a 2nd line. Im pretty sure yohji has lesser creative licence than Jil Sander/Undercover for Uniqlo. He just enjoys the extra money and time to do some 'light work'.

besides everyone knows the real stuff will be in Paris anyway.
    there are 3-4 people from y-3 working in the tokyo's studio. same massive room where they do the main lines. yohji is constantly overseeing and just direct. with the main line there is constant back and forth, where he cuts and shows his team what needs doing and what is wrong. pretty much as he does in "note book on city and clothes". hundreds of fittings and attempts are needed until he approve something or reject it after months of work because is just not good.

Quote Originally Posted by dantebykiko View Post
    there are 3-4 people from y-3 working in the tokyo's studio. same massive room where they do the main lines. yohji is constantly overseeing and just direct. with the main line there is constant back and forth, where he cuts and shows his team what needs doing and what is wrong. pretty much as he does in "note book on city and clothes". hundreds of fittings and attempts are needed until he approve something or reject it after months of work because is just not good.
    Thank you for clarifying that. I'd be really interested in learning more on the inner workings if you'd care to elaborate on the process or share a resource.

I can't remember if I've seen these videos here but if that's the case, here they are again.

i've seen things you people wouldn't believe

just thought i would mention yohji is 70 today.

Quote Originally Posted by rider View Post
    just thought i would mention yohji is 70 today.
    oh really? Happy birthday to him!

I recently read something about Yohji being in Moscow? does anyone have details for that? It was a launch of sorts?

Two cuties for the price of one.

sain't

Quote Originally Posted by surver View Post

WTF???

Yohji Yamamoto x adidas adizero f50
    Indeed.

But you realize that the WTF factor is only amplified with the gargantuan size of the images, right?

Will you please size them down a bit so that viewers won't have to scroll horizontally to see them in their entirety? I worry we may leave a few poor souls cross-eyed if they remain like this.
    sain't

only just found out about this. taraf de haidouks playing, and modelling for, a yohji show.

i've been leaving this on in the background as i read. every so often, i glance up, and these guys make me grin.
    lovely stuff.
    ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Quote Originally Posted by interest1 View Post

Two cuties for the price of one.

Soooooooo cute =)

thank you for this beautiful link rider

for those who can read the japanese language, new book out at the end of last month, mine is on it's way

Thought I could share one of his phrases with you, devoted fans of Yohji Yamamoto, as it has impressed me truly: "You can say that designing is quite easy. The difficulty lies in finding a new way to explore beauty" Do you have any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Penelope_Fashion View Post
    Thought I could share one of his phrases with you, devoted fans of Yohji Yamamoto, as it has impressed me truly: "You can say that designing is quite easy. The difficulty lies in finding a new way to explore beauty" Do you have any thoughts?
    That's what I've been harping on for the past 5 years or so.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    That's what I've been harping on for the past 5 years or so.
    It's good to know I am not the only one=)

I can't figure it out myself, haha. Benefit of the doubt?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post

I can't figure it out myself, haha. Benefit of the doubt?
    There's been a lot of that going on lately.
    sain't

damned if you do, damned if you don't.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by fit magna caedes View Post
    So is P_F just here to spruik the site linked in her post or am I being uncharitable?
    Had no intention to.

I am not sure how many of you know, but all of you Yohji fans should, about Irene Silvagni, who was Yohji's creative director for many years. She was absolutely instrumental in his success, and she is one of the few people who will speak freely about fashion - a real gem.

Here is a quote from her form Vestoj, a fashion theory journal.

"I was so lucky to work for all those years with Yohji. Such a genius. Such a charismatic person. I'm always melancholic because I have the feeling that right now he is hurting himself. I think he's tired of it all. I can see it in the clothes. His old partner, Rei Kawakubo from Comme des Garcons is still fighting to be the most modern, the most daring. She is building a veritable empire. She knows how to surround herself with people who will protect her, who can speak for her when necessary. She has nurtured young designers like Tao and Junya Watanabe and keeps them close to her. Her husband works with her, as does her brother. They are all working together, and this sense of protection and loyalty is so important. Yohji isn't running after success anymore. This is what I get from looking at the images from his presentations. I don't go to the shows anymore, it's too much you know. It was such a close relationship - we were really like brother and sister. I can't go there and just sit in the audience when I once did so much for him. I think Yohji is trying to disappear, and when he does one of the great masters of this industry will be gone."

StyleZeitgeist Magazine