X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

There is certainly something mature about Yohji's clothes, the tailoring, the attention to detail (I don't know anyone else who puts so much thought into what essentially is a suit), the choice of fabrics. It's quietly elegant. I wonder when I'm going to finally grow up and start wearing it. :-)
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
      eyes of the world
      • Jun 2009

all i want to wear day in day out is yohji and dries. not sure what that says about me maturity wise, but if age is a factor for maturity, my tastes are mature. yohji and dries seem to shroud me in a sense of a reserved contentedness.

Comment

• surver
        • Oct 2007

YOHJI'S TOKYO HOME

YOHJI'S TOKYO HOME

source: Harper's Bazaar (American Edition) June 1999

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

wow, thanks for sharing!
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kagitsune
            • Nov 2010

Thanks, Surver. It was a fun read.

(fuck yeah, Brutalism)
            Last edited by kagitsune; 07-21-2013, 12:32 PM. Reason: added something
            Originally posted by Yohji Yamamoto, on his second Paris show
            From the next collection it became a war. I didn't want a war but too much attack made me fight.' And you are a good fighter, I say, referring to his black belt in karate. 'I am,' he nods.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Damn, son. I bet Rick is jealous right now...

But I can't read it - could you post a link to the page with the text?
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ironman
                • Apr 2008

you can just change the flickr link to make it bigger Faust:

it should be a bit more legible now

Comment

• gnow
                  • Jun 2010

Or you could do what I did and read it on your iphone lol

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Merci!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by ironman View Post

you can just change the flickr link to make it bigger Faust:

it should be a bit more legible now

Or, we can change back our photo dimension limit so we can actually enjoy photos (and the text within) again.

This is why I've all but stopped posting images to the forum.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Damn, son. I bet Rick is jealous right now...

But I can't read it - could you post a link to the page with the text?
                      Ahem..
                      sain't

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Oh, stop complaining and post some of those amazing photos!!!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• menofoutsiders
                          • Apr 2013

@Faust The reason I posted those photos was that Ko Nakano was wearing head-to-toe Yohji and he pulled it off. Thus, I think it'd be an interesting fitting reference for anyone interested in wearing his clothes. I'm really sorry if it's prohibited.

anyways, here below is some interesting back details from yyph ss09

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I understand. I am just saying we don't really post photos of random people wearing designers - that's what street style blogs are for. We only ogle in the WAYWT thread :-)

I mean, I am not entirely against it, it's personal style, and that's fine, but it's better if it's done in a specific context - i.e. talking about a specific aspect of a designer's work (say, we are discussing a roomy silhouette and you post a photo as proof that it works on certain people).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• menofoutsiders
                              • Apr 2013

I agree that YYPH works on certain people. No specific characteristic can be identified. You could be short,tall,fat,thin,young or old. It might work on A who is short and small, in the other hands, it might not work on B who has decent build at all. Yohji's works itself are based on imperfections. Thus, I think it is very important to accept the imperfection his clothes offer you.

Comment

• tonecrush
                                • Jul 2013

I found this at an antiques fair, but I don't speak french. Can someone confirm this as being an actual advertisement for AW 93'/94' show itself? Also if somebody has a clip of the show a link would be appreciated.

"Never seen someone treat such a piece of crap excuse for a boot with so much care, and precision."

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎