Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
        • Jan 2008

Re: YY store

Image credit:
        Photo. 1-4
        Photographer: Alessandro Ciampi, Fondazione Pitti Immagine Discovery, Florence
        Photo. 5-7
        Photographer: Donata Wenders, Backstage, 2002

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
        Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
          • Jan 2008

Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• kira
            • Mar 2008

beautiful images. all of them. really drawn to these two.

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
              • Jan 2008

One shot by one my favorite photographers ...

Yamamoto s/s97, Elle

Photography by Sarah Moon

Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• sbw4224
                • Sep 2006

Now this is a cool wedding dress (S/S 2000):

Comment

• skelechairs
                  • Mar 2008

The red stripe on this shirt, is it movable? There are at least 6 different models from the s/s 08 show wearing the same shirt but the stripes arranged a different way each time.

Comment

• m.inya
                    • Feb 2008

[quote user="skelechairs"]

[/quote]Hey, it's Rick Owens guy!

Comment

• matthewhk
                      • Jan 2007

[quote user="skelechairs"]

The red stripe on this shirt, is it movable? There are at least 6 different models from the s/s 08 show wearing the same shirt but the stripes arranged a different way each time.

[/quote]

These shirts seem to be an extension of the "Y" suspender shirt he did for last spring, and goes with the bondage theme some of his clothes have this season. I don't find them particularly fresh, am surprised to hear they are selling so well. If there's two key stylistic images prevalent in this collection, it's the idea of the strap and the pocket, and I'm much more interested in what Yohji has done with the latter this season, by altering and distorting them to exaggerated effect on shirts, jackets and pants. I don't think Yohji's innovated too much with his menswear over the years in silhouette, but I think this is the first in a while he's proposed something more unique.

Comment

• what_counts
                        • Mar 2008

Re: Yohji Yamamoto

i love yojis clothes and his whole aesthetic however sadly i think i'd be to small to fit into most of them, i know they make smlller sizes but i think the look would be to much for me. I mean he does the avant garde oversized style perfect i just think some of his pieces would be too oversized and ultimately unflattering. Has anyone else particularly small tried on his clothes and could help me confirm or deny this?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Not all of his clothes fit that way from the main line, and Y's can be pretty tight actually. If you have access to it, you should go try some stuff on and see for yourself.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Yohji is really cranking it up with collaborations...

HEADS UP

DON'T BE surprised if fashion chameleon Agyness Deyn is photographed
                            out in Hoxton wearing a veil before long; Japanese milliner Misa
                            Harada's bridal-themed spring/summer 2008 collaboration with Yohji Yamamoto is putting wedding chic at the very top of the style register.

"The collection is entitled Just Married
                            - this symbolises the designer's marriage, or commitment, to the label
                            and also the Yohji Yamamoto concept: women wearing men's clothes,"
                            Harada tells us. "My take on the collection was to translate masculine
                            hat forms to feminine ones, adding a touch of haute couture. Yohji's
                            team gave me complete freedom over my designs, which was lovely."

Teamed with Yamamoto's starkly pretty clothes, the headwear certainly
                            makes a statement, which is precisely what Harada - who confesses she
                            got into millinery "totally by accident", after being encouraged by
                            Philip Treacy's tutor to apply for the Royal College of Art in the
                            Eighties - intends to do in her work.

"I am here to introduce the fun of wearing hats," she says. "My hats
                            are totally wearable and never occasionwear. Japanese people are always
                            so hungry for fashion - their attention to detail is always phenomenal
                            and always fascinates me." (April 11 2008, AM)

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• matthewhk
                              • Jan 2007

[quote user="what_counts"]i love yojis clothes and his wholeaesthetichowever sadly i think i'd be to small to fit into most of them, i know they make smlller sizes but i think the look would be to much for me. I mean he does the avant garde oversized style perfect i just think some of his pieces would be too oversized andultimatelyunflattering. Has anyone else particularly small tried on his clothes and could help me confirm or deny this?[/quote]

a lot of pants from this season are actually cut very slim in the legs...pretty much skinny pants. The waist however is cut extra big, they're meant to be worn with a belt and kinda saggy in the waist. There is a very nice white shirt with navy knit sleeves (meant to be worn extra long, not bunched up) as well as the whole back is knit as well, that piece is very slim fitting. Unfortunately a lot of the regular shirts come in one size only (3) and the sleeves aren't that long, body is kinda boxy in fit. Was disappointed with that. The t-shirts are all very slim fitting as well, so if you're smaller you can consider checking those out...there's a lot of them, i'm thinking of picking up a piece dyed charcoal crewneck short sleeve.

A lot of the jackets seem to be pretty big on the hanger, but when you wear it, it draped in a way that doesn't look like it's swallowing you.

Comment

• crouka
                                • Jul 2007

[quote user="Faust"]

HEADS UP
                                DON'T BE surprised if fashion chameleon Agyness Deyn is photographed out in Hoxton wearing a veil before long; Japanese milliner Misa Harada's bridal-themed spring/summer 2008 collaboration with Yohji Yamamoto is putting wedding chic at the very top of the style register.

"The collection is entitled Just Married - this symbolises the designer's marriage, or commitment, to the label and also the Yohji Yamamoto concept: women wearing men's clothes," Harada tells us. "My take on the collection was to translate masculine hat forms to feminine ones, adding a touch of haute couture. Yohji's team gave me complete freedom over my designs, which was lovely."

Teamed with Yamamoto's starkly pretty clothes, the headwear certainly makes a statement, which is precisely what Harada - who confesses she got into millinery "totally by accident", after being encouraged by Philip Treacy's tutor to apply for the Royal College of Art in the Eighties - intends to do in her work.

"I am here to introduce the fun of wearing hats," she says. "My hats are totally wearable and never occasionwear. Japanese people are always so hungry for fashion - their attention to detail is always phenomenal and always fascinates me." (April 11 2008, AM)

[/quote]

this article is a bit misleading. it's not yohji. it's michiko suzuki, y's red label that the milliner was working with. red label is supposed to do some collaboration each season. the partner's creation plays more important part there than in such collaborations as we normally see.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎