• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Y's Red Label

^that's why your my bff. [74]

It's insanely good, and i totally agree that she is the more talented of the two...i've said the same thing myself somewhere. Her vision is just stronger and more distinguishable, imo. [73] Plus, she cuts like a dream. [64]

edit: and it's sexy too, sometimes in a totally different way than Yohji is. i like that.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Avantster
      ¤¤¤
      • Sep 2006

Awesome, laika! Now I have a new set of pics for my screensaver! [75]

It's really great to see that while Michiko Suzuki's clothes has that undeniable Y's flavour, it's quite distinct from Yohji's work. It's quite a shame I'm not able to have the experience of trying it on.

And I have to say, the zippers are pretty sexy.

I wonder if the boots are also Y's red label.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• airboyair
        • Oct 2006

[quote user="laika"]

[/quote]

i think i wanna try these on me! thanks laika for sharing!

Helmut went to the ocean to gather his thoughts. Inspiration comes from retreat.

Comment

• kira
          • Mar 2008

[:O][:O][:O]

Laika these are amazing. WOW!!!! and I [64] zippers this is so right up my alley.

I [64] this one:

and this one:

and this one:

and this one:

I think you get the idea.[51] Thank you for posting these. I would wear my cdiem boots though [79]

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• boxma
            • Feb 2007

Re: YY's Coming Soon

Did anybody check this new line from YY before ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSObHV1h37g

from the video, it lookslike it's amix of Cdg Homme Plus + Pina Bausch

Comment

• matthewhk
              • Jan 2007

Re: YY's Coming Soon

yeah, i definitely think Michiko is a better designer than Limi, been sayin this for a while but those above pics just nail the point home. Laika and inaya i'd love to see you guys work those pieces out!

Comment

• laika
                • Sep 2006

so glad you all enjoyed the pics. [51]

matt, seriously, i feel like she's inside my head!!!! i'm sure you know the feeling...[:O]

***about the boots: i'm sure they are indeed Red Label, and i like them in theory. But I would personally wear a much sleeker, probably pointy-toe boot irl with most of these looks. The clothes are just tough enough already, imo. [73]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Avantster
                  ¤¤¤
                  • Sep 2006

Re: Looking Back...

Wooden parts and hinges, materials normally far removed from clothing, were used in this piece. It seems as if it trying to escape from the human body, which will always remain the same. this outfit resembles the costume for the role of the manager in Parade, a ballet performed by the Ballets Russes in 1917. Pablo Picasso designed the costumes.

Yohji Yamomoto 1991 A/W

Set of wooden vest and skirt; black wool pieces, jointed with hinges.

After his Paris debut with asymmetrical clothes using hanging fabric, Yamamoto returned to a more traditional Western dressmaking style in the mid-1980s. The felt dress has a close resemblance to a nostalgic form based on historical costumes. Through its exaggeration of the back and hips, this dress is trying to create a new recognition of the human body.

Yohji Yamomoto 1996 A/W

Black and white felt, black knit under skirt.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Avantster
                    ¤¤¤
                    • Sep 2006

Re: Looking Back...

Runway shot from the Yohji Yamamoto 1996/97 A/AW collection (slightly different dress to above).

Comment

• Avantster
                      ¤¤¤
                      • Sep 2006

I've scanned through the mens F/W 04-05 collection and I can't seem to find anything that fits that description - is this the same collection?

Comment

• Buckwheat
                        • Sep 2006

togo withLaika's post on Y's Red label....an interview with Michiko Susuki on the "love and hate" collection.

in Google Translation.....

The theme "LOVE & HATE" the people important to his love and feelings, and I live with anger and hatred, all the sincere feelings. People have wanted to represent different parts.

Anger and hatred as well as the original, grateful to have human feelings and compassion, and there are feelings of joy that seems to weaken. That world, I wonder what they can see themselves as one is thinking about what should be done. That was the beginning of this collection.

Collection and the results were natural and we were able to find the answer. It is one which exists in both head-to accept. It laid before fleeing, rather than swallow each and every firm and it is important. Even if it is a roundabout way that feels, and certainly his own blood and meat. That's how you should proceed to make an honest, I'm sure our future is bright and must have felt.

He alone can not, it can also convey a lot of people to work with them to change the world in a much larger force might be able to demonstrate. It would mite just yet, but that's about all able to exercise influence is my wish.

-------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------

For the creation of a coherent philosophy is not changed, his grandfather Rino Yuzuru artisan spirit. Against the world something that exudes an atmosphere, while Suzuki??feminine clothes is simply to live, and always wish her good grace????itself indicates that they seem

Comment

• Avantster
                          ¤¤¤
                          • Sep 2006

Thanks for that, Buckwheat!

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

From 1992

"I will never appeal to the average worker," Yamamoto says. "But I'm lucky. Young Japanese people have money. They can't own houses or land because of prohibitive prices, so they spend it on clothes. Sometimes we make strange things as a drug, to get off on it, to experiment. The fun is in seeing who else wants to take this drug."
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              From 1992

"I will never appeal to the average worker," Yamamoto says. "But I'm lucky. Young Japanese people have money. They can't own houses or land because of prohibitive prices, so they spend it on clothes. Sometimes we make strange things as a drug, to get off on it, to experiment. The fun is in seeing who else wants to take this drug."
                              Responding to this a bit - based on the few times I've hung around YY shops in Japan, out of all the high fashion customers I've seen, and I emphasize the point that it's just from my limited observation so that not to generalize too much, YY's "official" label has the least pretentious customers I've ever come across. At the very least, from the men's side, most of the people I've run into buying the stuff heavily seem like they would relate and/or empathize with the average worker man, or the gravity of life so to speak, more so than say, Junya or Undercover
                              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Buckwheat
                                • Sep 2006

Those are some crazy photos from the 05 collection Avantster. They almost look like men wearing a Limi Feu collection.

Saw this on a Japanese website. This outfit works so well all together.

Interesting shoulder detail
                                Jacket - YY
                                Shirt - Y's
                                Skirt - Y's Red Label
                                Shoes - Y's

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎