X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xcoldricex
    • Sep 2006

Legit Checks

This forum probably doesn't really need one of these posts... but in the odd occasion someone has a question.. maybe this will be helpful.

my post is regarding this jacket

junya watanabe army jacket

from south korea (red flag!). didn't know junya would be faked though - especially a coat like this - and i don't think junya is particularly popular in s. korea either. so it may be real. he has two one in an M and one in L... anyone recognize this coat? what you think?

also on a side, fyi note - lad musician tees are faked, i saw some in hong kong while i was there. and the dior homme blazers that are coming out of china fit surprisingly well (at least the one i tried) and were of quality better than you'd expect. the asking price was ~$100 (starting - so you can bargain for much less that that... so i imagine they go for about ~$30 or so wholesale in china).

• Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Legit Checks

looks legit to me, unless it's an extremely well done fake. The patch with the collection name "HOP!STEP!" adds credibility. Although this particular piece was not on the runway, there were very similar ones.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chim
      • Dec 2006

Is this Y-3 bag legit? Seller has 100% feedback and is only selling one bag, and I can't find this style anywhere else online.

Thanks a bunch!

Comment

• nairb49
        • Dec 2006

never seen it, but the large Y3 on the front seems a bit sketchy...

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

most Y3 bags have large logos on the front. that said, Y3 is faked a lot in asia. i'd stay away from it in general.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

I recall seeing the same or a very similar bag at Selfridges, but I cant remember for sure.

chim, is the seller the same as the user ID on those pics? someone was just asking about an item on superfuture, the seller name was different but the pictures were from a different seller, the whole auction seemed a bit sketchy.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

This Dries sweater? I really want to bid on it (stay away, people!), but I not sure. I haven't seen it, it's from HK, the label looks tacked on, there is no care label. He's sold some other Dries stuff (check his feedback), but I've never seen any of this stuff made by Dries.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                • Sep 2006

The label looks suspicious to me--it seems to be made out of paper, and much cheaper/stiffer than the usual Dries label. Also, all of the Dries sweaters he has sold are missing care tags, which means there is probably no "Made in" tag. That's always a bad sign, in my experience. And it's a bit odd that ALL of the sweaters are missing that particular tag...[^o)]

I would ask for more pics of the inside, at least.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Monty76
                  • Sep 2006

I have a dries sweater that i bought at the dries store and it doesn't come witha care tag either. However, the tag on the sweater does seem a bit funky, like its off centre. But, that might just be the way it was photographed.

Comment

• mass
                    • Sep 2006

does fake kris van assche exist? was thinking of getting one of the twist collar polos... almost all the kva on ebay is from hong kong. the polos are pretty cheap too... the caretag & size label though... x:

Comment

• Servo2000
                      • Oct 2006

I would go so far as to say that it seems that most KVA on eBay is fake, either that or some guy has like 100 of those V-neck sweaters and is okay with constantly selling them at a substantial loss.
                      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• mass
                        • Sep 2006

yeah i thought just as much. i was thinking though maybe there could have been a chance that since his collections sell so poorly that they give it all away!

Comment

• Divo
                          • Mar 2007

Mass,

There are two reasons which I came up why this polo shirt is in my opinion 100% fake.

(I based this on my own possession of KvA items and a little investigation on the label and caretags)

• The Label Kris van Assche looks real but a significant detail is missing: the lucky clover metal part which should be attached to the label;

• As far as I know Kris van Asshe's item ARE carrying a care tag, only: it doesn't look like that and on the KvA caretags there is no "Made in..." information displayed (for an unknown reason, but it is the truth)

• Placement of the care tag is not a logical place to attach the caretag.
                          • [/list]

Hoping to have helped you out of this issue. As mentioned before, nowadays plenty of items which are being sold on Ebay are total fakes (John Galliano, Dior Homme, Prada) and in some cases it is extremely difficult to separate the genuine from the fake. So in these cases it is some kind of risk you take by buying these kind of fakies.

Cheers,

- Divo -

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

/\ absolutely correct in your observation.

Yea, with designers like Margiela getting faked, it's starting to be dangerous. On the other hand that goes to show you that overproducing basics (Galliano) will lead to this.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mass
                              • Sep 2006

thanks a lot both divo and servo2000.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢