Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2030

Thread: Legit Checks

Regarding everyone’s Rick experiences on Yoox - nearly everything described in the last few posts is either a sample (0-0-0) or preco error. Owenscorp initially produced MANY FW16 pieces with the improper Mastadon spelling. Tons of items are still floating around, the company just never addressed it as an error. Yoox also gets a lot of of rare and unsold items directly from NYC and Italian Rick boutiques in addition to the one-offs, showroom exclusives, and factory seconds.

came here because of the sketchy rick yoox purchase as well.

got this one - https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/...8001000073614/

it came without the tags, with a season lettering barely visible, and the weirdest thing was the inner tags that look pre-ss17 (also, attached pretty raw, sewn in to the sweater).

overall i like it, but is it fake or not? i guess we don't have any consensus in here?

The Rakuten listing looks like it has different, slightly suspect tags compared to yours.

On a different note, confirmed that most if not all recent samples and unsold showroom pieces still have the older, sewn-in Pre-SS17 tags.

Regarding the knit itself, isn’t KFIP propyl/wool/cashmere? You might need to compare details with someone who owns a verifiably purchased same piece.

Quote Originally Posted by XIX View Post
    The Rakuten listing looks like it has different, slightly suspect tags compared to yours.

On a different note, confirmed that most if not all recent samples and unsold showroom pieces still have the older, sewn-in Pre-SS17 tags.

Regarding the knit itself, isn’t KFIP propyl/wool/cashmere? You might need to compare details with someone who owns a verifiably purchased same piece.
    The sweater is well-made and nothing seems off, the only reason i'm questioning the authenticity of it is the old tags. Actually, another cool question is why on earth you're purchasing a sweater retailed for about $1300 and it comes without hang tags and the season tag looks washed out, but that's probably on Yoox, not Rick Owens, although who knows...

May i ask you how do you know all this information, including your previous post in this thread? You know all this for sure or just theorizing?

Rick store employees have confirmed as much to me. Friends with a few of them past and present here in NY.

Just to clarify - you purchased from Yoox, not Rakuten? If you’re referring to the cardboard tags those get lost and messed up and removed from knits all the time, esp. as Yoox is buying back stock that’s sat out the whole season at boutiques and wherever else. Not best practice for high end items but alas, Yoox is firmly in the off-price territory.

The puckered season tag looks like a result of stitching + the knit. Can’t speak to the faded/washed out stamping in Glitter personally, but other tags from the season had the same condition.

Quote Originally Posted by XIX View Post
    Rick store employees have confirmed as much to me. Friends with a few of them past and present here in NY.

Just to clarify - you purchased from Yoox, not Rakuten? If you’re referring to the cardboard tags those get lost and messed up and removed from knits all the time, esp. as Yoox is buying back stock that’s sat out the whole season at boutiques and wherever else. Not best practice for high end items but alas, Yoox is firmly in the off-price territory.

The puckered season tag looks like a result of stitching + the knit. Can’t speak to the faded/washed out stamping in Glitter personally, but other tags from the season had the same condition.
    Thanks for your input, good to know. And yeah, i got it from Yoox, posted Rakuten link just for the reference.

I guess i should stop worrying about Yoox selling me fakes lol. Same with Glamood i suppose, they have lots of Rick as well, including rare pieces, and everything i got from them so far has 0-0-0 on tags too. To think that both shops carry tons of perfect Rick fakes is hilarious anyway.
    Last edited by delicious_not; 11-01-2018 at 09:45 PM.

Newbie to here and Rick. Can any folks help legit check the Ramones? The tag looks fishy to me .......

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

What do you guys think? Fake or real?

Thanks!

I'm rolling with "real"
    Suede is too Gucci.

@ Salar de Uyuni, the Ramones are fake.
    @ Williebabzan, I'm with the breaks, pretty sure real, all the evidence points to as much.