X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jskidder1
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Indes View Post
    Can I have a legit check on the listing I posted?

Searching for 3/4th Pants Anthem ss11 M/L? We’ve got Rick Owens Men's Bottoms starting at $243 and plenty of other Men's Bottoms. Shop our selection of Rick Owens today!

Bought these from another grailed user and the lining is too hot for Arizona summers so I decided to relist them. Someone PM'd me and said they are likely fake. I have the cardboard tag so that basically sold me on legit but if these are fake id love to know how to differentiate to avoid future fake RO purchases...
    these are 100% fake and i didn't even have to go past the 1st pic to determine that. the construction/cut is off, which is the most obvious thing. also, there was a bunch of fake anthem stuff produced a few years back and that has the telltale tags of those. the seasonal hang tag is too thick and stacked too evenly, and the inner tag is not the correct color for that season.

Comment

• Indes
      • Feb 2015

Well fuck me sideways. Ill just have to try and get a refund of some sort I suppose... In the meantime I just relisted them under the original posting. Thanks for the help and ill be sure to get pieces checked before buying them.

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

wait, WHAT? u are selling them on and letting someone else take the hit instead? wtf. remind me to never help u out with any legit checks ever.

Comment

• Indes
          • Feb 2015

No, I am not. I relisted them as fake as soon as I found out that they werent legit. I bought them thinking they were real and they didnt work out the way I wanted to (too much lining for hot summer ect). I immediately relisted them to reflect the new information I received about this piece.

Searching for Swinger 3/4 Shorts? We’ve got Rick Owens Men's Bottoms starting at $150 and plenty of other Men's Bottoms. Shop our selection of Rick Owens today!

Comment

• Indes
            • Feb 2015

Well my listing was removed by grailed admins. So I guess I am going to have to open a paypal dispute. Let me just clarify that I would NEVER sell a fake item knowingly. I had relisted them explicitly detailing "yeah sz confirmed these as fake" so that whoever was looking at this would know 100% that they were going to get a fake item. I was burned by a fake and just trying to recoop my loss, not at someone else's expense but at a fraction of the actual value of real RO in a listing explicitly detailing the fact these were fake.

Comment

• hausofblaq
              • Oct 2014

I've had no experience with any Forme pieces, and was wondering if anyone could shine some light on this piece (if it's authentic or not).

Cheers.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                • Sep 2008

Is there such a thing as fake forme?

Comment

• hausofblaq
                  • Oct 2014

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
                  Is there such a thing as fake forme?
                  Apparently so.

From the Forme d'Expression thread on here:

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  ... you don't see recent photos because Koeun has had serious issues with Chinese knocking off her stuff wholesale, so she prefers to hold the photos until the stuff hits the stores.

Comment

• dduyyy
                    • Jul 2014

^ They will not be marked as Forme but with the same design. Saw some on taobao.

Comment

• guardimp
                      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                      No legit site wants to be selling knock-offs, even when listed as such. You gotta get your money back from the seller or write it off as a loss.
                      Pretty ironic that they only allow knockoffs that purport to be real, but when someone goes out and admits it isn't real it gets removed. Pretty foolish.

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

well, the difference between 'occasional' and 'frequent' isn't really clear-cut, now, is it? your blanket statement is not correct - some companies are very aggressive in protecting their ip and their distribution channels and they will take action quickly, even if they will start with a cease-and-desist letter before filing legal claims. it makes perfect sense for retailers/online platforms to be careful, esp. after that lvmh-amazon thing.
                        Last edited by Shucks; 04-15-2015, 09:30 AM. Reason: *lucidity

Comment

• mzez
                          • Nov 2014

had a pair of RO ramones come in last week. seller claimed to have bought them from boutique roma, zips are raccanagi, the outsole has correct lettering, but shoes don't have the white model number or size lettering on the inside of the shoe. good chance they are fake? reverse leather version or so the seller claimed. i'll post pics when I can

Comment

• mzez
                            • Nov 2014

no size or model label in the shoes and the toebox is off, but people told me that sizing down causes the toebox to look like that.

Last edited by mzez; 04-16-2015, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• whtnnk986
                              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by neongud View Post
                              Do you have some sort of reference guide for the product codes?
                              I dont, I just happened to own that particular product. But some online stores (eg seven, farfetch, ink...etc) do have the product code listed with the discription of the material used.
                              Last edited by whtnnk986; 04-16-2015, 06:44 AM.

Comment

• josecc
                                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by mzez View Post
                                no size or model label in the shoes and the toebox is off, but people told me that sizing down causes the toebox to look like that.
                                I think they are legit, and about the toebox, I think it looks like that because they are old and well worn.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎