X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DudleyGray
    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by guardimp View Post
    Also, if you are not obligated to pay back double the amount and seemingly don't intend to if it is a forced return for authenticity it seems quite odd to say you will. You have no intention of paying the buyer 2x purchase price so why put it in the listing?
    "It's so authentic, I'll refund you twice your money if it isn't!"
    "Fake."
    "Fuck you."
    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• bukka
      • Sep 2011

Because ebay and/or paypal will want a written statement of authenticity or lack of from some service they consider "trustworthy." Basically authentication services which charge a decent price, it's absurdly biased in the buyers favor. If you want to see some great examples of people basically renting clothes and bags off ebay and then finding them "fake" look on purseforum. The forced return system is a joke. Unless someone on here is going to say they have seen the items in person it will not make a difference. They don't care about online verification in their processes. Also you now have to worry about the buyer sending back a fake and keeping your real item. Selling stuff on ebay can be the biggest hassle if you get stuck with a scamming buyer.

Oh ok, it's only a matter of being on the buyer side.

Originally posted by Indes View Post
      Big thanks jskidder1 for the assistance with this legit check. I provided a screenshot of it and paypal refunded me after I mailed back the fake RO. Keep an eye out for paulgriffin119 http://www.grailed.com/users/5524-pa...in119/wardrobe as he has sold fake rick and was an ass about refunding. Posted in the scam thread as well.
      Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• hedosk
        • Apr 2015

Because ebay and/or paypal will want a written statement of authenticity or lack of from some service they consider "trustworthy." Basically authentication services which charge a decent price, it's absurdly biased in the buyers favor. If you want to see some great examples of people basically renting clothes and bags off ebay and then finding them "fake" look on purseforum. The forced return system is a joke. Unless someone on here is going to say they have seen the items in person it will not make a difference. They don't care about online verification in their processes. Also you now have to worry about the buyer sending back a fake and keeping your real item. Selling stuff on ebay can be the biggest hassle if you get stuck with a scamming buyer.

Also, if you are not obligated to pay back double the amount and seemingly don't intend to if it is a forced return for authenticity it seems quite odd to say you will. You have no intention of paying the buyer 2x purchase price so why put it in the listing?
        yeah, this is the first time that I've met a buyer like this, never had this kind of hassle before. other buyers were all aware of what they were buying and had no problem. I've really learned it this time that selling stuffs thru paypal or ebay can be a big hassle like this time, which is why I'm not responding to these other potential buyers who's inquiring me about my balmain hoodie. It seems like there're a lot more scammers out there than than I thought.

About paying back twice statement, I put that becuz "IF it's fake" situation was out of question for me and just wanted to show that i'm that much confident with its authenticity. well but u are right i shd delete that since it doesn't make sense

Comment

• hedosk
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
          "It's so authentic, I'll refund you twice your money if it isn't!"
          "Fake."
          "Fuck you."
          well it's not like that man, actually more like the buyer saying fuck you I will just get refunded no matter how u prove it. paypal and ebay they really act in buyer's favor.

Comment

• imblurredout
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by hedosk View Post
            well it's not like that man, actually more like the buyer saying fuck you I will just get refunded no matter how u prove it. paypal and ebay they really act in buyer's favor.
            So basically you're willing to pay someone to prove something is fake even if it isn't?

But just so you know, if the buyer proves to ebay that an item is fake, buyer gets to keep it.

Comment

• Peasant
              • Jul 2009

His grounds for claiming it to be fake are based on a lack of waxy feeling on a tag? Jesus. He's really searching for something. You asked for it with the double your money back and I'd say that's proof enough that it's a scam. But yeah.. why offer this if you don't plan on staying true to the statement?
              If you bought it from a store just get a receipt. I doubt you payed cash, right? They can look it up based on your CC.

Comment

• hedosk
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                His grounds for claiming it to be fake are based on a lack of waxy feeling on a tag? Jesus. He's really searching for something. You asked for it with the double your money back and I'd say that's proof enough that it's a scam. But yeah.. why offer this if you don't plan on staying true to the statement?
                If you bought it from a store just get a receipt. I doubt you payed cash, right? They can look it up based on your CC.
                he's not asking for double amount refund, but yeah I won't put that statement again. he also posted some legit check thread about this item in some other forum and it seems like nobody doubted except this one guy agreeing with his idea of this tag thing and now he is so damn sure it's not legit becuz of that guy. well, trying to work it out with him

Comment

• hedosk
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by imblurredout View Post
                  So basically you're willing to pay someone to prove something is fake even if it isn't?

But just so you know, if the buyer proves to ebay that an item is fake, buyer gets to keep it.
                  no, of course I don't. what i was trying to say is that some buyers know how to abuse paypal system and there's nothing much u can do when the buyer puts a claim on your trade saying that the item was different from the description. I talked with paypal even with a manager and basically what they were saying is that I can try providing them documentations to prove that the item is authentic, but in most cases u will just have to accept to refund it so we really advice u to just accept the refund to at least get your stuff back. this is crazy but thats what the manager actually said.

well at this point, i think i just have to hope that this guy sends my stuff back in its original condition.

Comment

• T12
                    • Apr 2015

no, of course I don't. what i was trying to say is that some buyers know how to abuse paypal system and there's nothing much u can do when the buyer puts a claim on your trade saying that the item was different from the description. I talked with paypal even with a manager and basically what they were saying is that I can try providing them documentations to prove that the item is authentic, but in most cases u will just have to accept to refund it so we really advice u to just accept the refund to at least get your stuff back. this is crazy but thats what the manager actually said.

well at this point, i think i just have to hope that this guy sends my stuff back in its original condition.
                    Make sure you film yourself opening the return parcel in case it's not.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                      • Jul 2013

Tags and fabric composition seem consistent, but I haven't seen a Rick waistband like that before. That could just be my limited experience. I wouldn't chance it unless someone who owned those pants could verify otherwise.
                      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• hedosk
                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by T12 View Post
                        Make sure you film yourself opening the return parcel in case it's not.
                        will def do that. appreciate your advice

Comment

• Peasant
                          • Jul 2009

You don't have to issue a refund until the goods arrive (he has to show proof of delivery) and are in the condition they were sent.

Comment

• imblurredout
                            • Apr 2013

the drawstring seems wonky, as does the composition info. I'm surprised people go as far as mimicking the composition tags for knock offs... absurd.

Comment

• josecc
                              • Feb 2012

the drawstring seems wonky, as does the composition info. I'm surprised people go as far as mimicking the composition tags for knock offs... absurd.
                              Disagree, tag and composition look ok.

Comment

• the breaks
                                • Sep 2007

Seems like the easiest thing to copy. If you can't even be bothered to get that right...
                                Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎