• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beardown
    rekoner
    • Feb 2009

That jacket is back up it appears

You guys are kooky.
    I'm not saying the seller is legit but that jacket is authentic. I'd bet my nuts on it. There are photos of all the tags, the embroidery, the zipper.
    What would lead you to assume it's anything but?

I realize some of rick's leathers have been knocked off but most definitely not with tags/labels/embroidery and authentic zipper like this.
    Originally posted by mizzar
    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• idlewild
      • Jan 2010

I'm guessing its legit...I'm just worried about the seller. It seems like the auction was pulled and relisted by someone with some feedback, though none as a seller. Also, I'm pretty sure it was listed as 09 A/W before...

Comment

• gsamsa
        • Oct 2009

It's a very nicely made knocked-off.I have the exact jacket,The top part of the pad behind zipper should be curvy,instead of sharp 90 degree.And the tag would have said 95% lamb 5% wool,instead of 100% leather.The stitches looks odd,none of those on my jacket are "Rick" and "Owens" attached.

There was another one has similar problem on ebay a while back,billed as mollino but actually a globa.(with the same odd stitches,in white font,which was only applied during 08AW I believe.The earliest Globa is from 10SS)

It seems we have entered the era where the zipper and tags are no longer sufficient as the traits for authenticity.

Comment

• CUTUP
          • Sep 2009

I was going to call fake as well ^

This guy has sold a whack of them, there is no way they got a hold of a bunch of 2008 NWT Funnel leathers, and all of them in a medium. Most of the auctions have been ended early, and then relisted ( probably to sell off of ebay), he listed the same coat 4 times by my count.

All of the leathers they currently sell are always in a medium as well, and all feedback is private

I would not be suprised if this is a resell from this seller after he found out it was a fake.
          Originally posted by marco-von
          this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• idlewild
            • Jan 2010

I contacted the seller of this jacket asking why he relisted. His response was:

(1) eBay delisted the item because they wouldn't let him sell such an expensive item with no feedback. This doesn't really make sense since he listed it with no reserve.

(2) He said he relisted the item under his girlfriend's account. This doesn't make sense either, unless his gf's name is adam.

Comment

• endersgame
              • Aug 2009

a lot of you have been asking about the montreal guy..

this seller is the same as this seller

he's now pulled the tags out from the auctions after i called him out for selling fakes. this is what the tags look like when i got them. materials feel like they came out of a hanes 3-pack..

Comment

• seatbelts
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                a lot of you have been asking about the montreal guy..

this seller is the same as this seller

he's now pulled the tags out from the auctions after i called him out for selling fakes. this is what the tags look like when i got them. materials feel like they came out of a hanes 3-pack..
                Thanks for that, I was thinking of getting one of the RO l/s's.
                julius leather jacket size 2
                http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14217

Comment

• CUTUP
                  • Sep 2009

Im sorry to hear that endersgame

Montreal is a huge jumping point for fakes. Many of the people all over Canada source all of their fake gear from a connection based in Montreal

And almost all of it by boat in shipping containers, it is far harder to regulate/search then by plane
                  Originally posted by marco-von
                  this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• seatbelts
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by CUTUP View Post
                    I was going to call fake as well ^

This guy has sold a whack of them, there is no way they got a hold of a bunch of 2008 NWT Funnel leathers, and all of them in a medium. Most of the auctions have been ended early, and then relisted ( probably to sell off of ebay), he listed the same coat 4 times by my count.

All of the leathers they currently sell are always in a medium as well, and all feedback is private

I would not be suprised if this is a resell from this seller after he found out it was a fake.
                    Originally posted by idlewild View Post
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/08-F-W-Rick-Owen...#ht_500wt_1091

I contacted the seller of this jacket asking why he relisted. His response was:

(1) eBay delisted the item because they wouldn't let him sell such an expensive item with no feedback. This doesn't really make sense since he listed it with no reserve.

(2) He said he relisted the item under his girlfriend's account. This doesn't make sense either, unless his gf's name is adam.
                    Don't bother:
                    julius leather jacket size 2
                    http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14217

Comment

• Nemesis_4
                      • Nov 2009

Yeah I won a Rick tee from that mansense guy, and it's definitely a fake, e-mailed him telling him so and he gave me some bullshit response but he is reimbursing me, I had a weird feeling about it, should have trusted my first instinct

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

are these cdiem boots legit? i ask because the heel looks low and the laces look thin. otherwise they look legit to me. i'm not in the market to buy. just curious.

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• couturehomme
                          • Oct 2008

^^^^^

i can't say if it's fake or not, but he's sold another pair before

i would have bought this months ago, except he doesn't take any safe payments (paypal e.t.c.);

only western union or bank transfer, which doesn't bode well for me (and doesn't seem legit), no matter how "great" the deal looks

Comment

• random
                            • Dec 2007

these (cdiem boots) are fake imo
                            I don't exist.

Comment

• eckblk
                              • Mar 2010

I'm going with fake, toebox looks off and pull tab in usually attached to the outside of boot; it doesn't loop around around and attach on the inside of the shaft.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎