Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lane
    • Aug 2010

He is advertising them as authentic, though. People here actually care if its legit or not. Otherwise this wouldn't even be a discussion. This only makes it more annoying when trying to find deals because you have pricks like this canadian trying to make a quick buck off people who don't know any better.

Comment

• beardown
      rekoner
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Lane View Post
      He is advertising them as authentic, though.
      Hence my first part of the comment:

"Honestly, it would almost be worth buying something for the sole purpose of giving neg rep and complaining to Ebay and Paypal."
      Originally posted by mizzar
      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

this is beyond epic!
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

to report fake items on Ebay:

go to an item description, such as this one

click on Report Item on the right hand side

Choose:

Reason for report: Counterfeit and Copyright violations

Detailed Reason: Potential trademark infringement

Additional Information: Counterfeit clothing, shoes.....

the more reports they receive, the better the chance of getting a seller banned.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• sshum88
            • Dec 2007

So here's the person selling the RO FW08 Funnel collar. Did he change his location as I thought he was in Montreal at one point?

Originally posted by eat me
            If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• endersgame
              • Aug 2009

This wasn't a very pleasant buying experience but I learned a lot.

Now I know how banks work under situations like this and the time it takes to get the chargeback. I learned how law enforcement does little to nothing when it comes to petty crimes like this. All they do is record data. And it makes it even harder to go after him when you are in another country. And because they operate anonymously behind a computer, he can come back again and again under different accounts, sell with different pictures, tweak descriptions written in different formats, and keep getting away with it..

Originally posted by seatbelts View Post
              http://cgi.ebay.com/RICK-OWENS-Double-Layer-FW08-Stag-Grey-Sweat-Shirt-AUTH-/250718911594?pt=US_CSA_MC_Shirts&hash=item3a6002fc6a
              ? Has a bunch of colors up for sale.
              Originally posted by Johnnyfenix View Post
              Pretty sure this is fake. Seller has been selling the same style over and over again for a month. I contacted him about authenticity and asked if I could see the shirts since i am in montreal. Seller blocked me from bidding. Also, the seller did mention that none of the shirts will ship with tags.
              he won't sell to locals snooping around and asking questions. his strategy was to post pictures of items with tags that were never detailed enough to discern real from fake. the way he handles customer service was like if you were buying from a store with return policies and bullshit, but with polite and articulate responses trying his best to satisfy you. never did he reveal his name or phone number. you never knew who the hell you were talking to. the name of his company is like a mish mosh of old ebay usernames. when i gave his shipping address to montreal police, they didn't find the business, but they found his number using the physical address, which i assume is his apartment..

Originally posted by beardown View Post
              Honestly, it would almost be worth buying something for the sole purpose of giving neg rep and complaining to Ebay and Paypal.
              that would be difficult as we had already exchanged nasty emails. if i were to buy from him again, he would see that coming as a form of feedback retaliation.

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
              to report fake items on Ebay:

go to an item description, such as this one

click on Report Item on the right hand side
              i reported about 10 items he had on ebay. i don't know how many you need to close an account. but my biggest victory was exposing him here and that prevented a few sz members from being defrauded..

Originally posted by sshum88 View Post
              So here's the person selling the RO FW08 Funnel collar. Did he change his location as I thought he was in Montreal at one point?
              i think that's someone else, but who knows..
              Last edited by endersgame; 11-18-2010, 06:02 AM.

Comment

• fivezero
                • Nov 2008

Man, all this talk about the fake RO stuff on eBay is totally worrisome/irksome, since I frequently look there to buy stuff, and especially because I have been trying to sell a legit RO item on eBay (at a good price?) for about two months now with no success or much interest—the potentially fake stuff seems to generate a lot more attention.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                  i reported about 10 items he had on ebay. i don't know how many you need to close an account. but my biggest victory was exposing him here and that prevented a few sz members from being defrauded..
                  yea they are not too effective with banning users, afterall its just income to them. but I think/hope that several users reporting one seller might have a better outcome.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• cjbreed
                    • Feb 2009

that shit he had looked superfake.
                    sweatshirt? please.
                    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• seatbelts
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by fivezero View Post
                      Man, all this talk about the fake RO stuff on eBay is totally worrisome/irksome, since I frequently look there to buy stuff, and especially because I have been trying to sell a legit RO item on eBay (at a good price?) for about two months now with no success or much interest—the potentially fake stuff seems to generate a lot more attention.
                      Hahaha, probably cause of DAT PRICE.

What are you trying to unload?
                      julius leather jacket size 2
                      http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14217

Comment

• fivezero
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by seatbelts View Post
                        Hahaha, probably cause of DAT PRICE.

What are you trying to unload?
                        Well, I don't think I should say, because I don't want to infringe upon the selling rules here. I just wanted to make the point that as an eBay consumer, all this RO fakery/jerkery makes me angry. And as an inexperienced seller (just trying to make back some but not all of the money on an unreturnable item), it's been frustrating and confusing trying to navigate this impersonal barrier on eBay between the seller and potential buyers.

Comment

• Schadenfreude
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by sshum88 View Post

I live really close to Sunnyvale, if any one has had problems with him I'd be more than happy to pay him a visit. Assuming you have a return address. PM me.
                          Originally posted by ddohnggo
                          fuck, that baby dresses way better than i do.

Comment

• Geezor
                            • Jun 2010

They do look legit. At least the tags in the pictures are legit.

Comment

• idlewild
                              • Jan 2010

Any thoughts? The seller seems to have sold other legit stuff...

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎