Comment

• curiouscharles
      • Jan 2008

edit: nm...

-

Comment

• hommedeguerre
        • Jun 2009

No returns. i cancelled hte transaction, told him they were fake, and he accepted the CXL within 30 seconds.
        Le 21ème

Comment

• beardown
          rekoner
          • Feb 2009

Just goes to show how advanced these guys have become. It's one thing to visually knock off the tag but to add the correct RU number that matches the style and the material content is pretty advanced for bootleggers.

Nice detective work, everyone.
          Originally posted by mizzar
          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• upsilonkng
            • May 2010

Originally posted by hommedeguerre View Post
            All I need to hear. Dawn is Law!
            those are fake as fuck.. I told you first just by looking at the pic w/out even seeing the tags but the tags definitely confirm the fake-assedness of these.

Comment

• mattizzle
              • Oct 2011

Need a CH expert here to tell me if these are fake or not.
              They are from the same year but one have 1 cross while other have 2 crosses

Or are they both legit?

Comment

• Lo-ki
                • Jan 2011

RICK OWENS Contrast-Sleeve Single Button Blazer

lots of these popped up on the bay, the seller has raybans, oakleys, ch, diesel and vw and 3 fake neg feedbacks. after writing this , that little voice in my head is saying past history says alot......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RICK-OWENS...#ht_502wt_1288
                go forward or listen to that voice
                She looked at me, pointed at the string of the back of my BBS jacket and said: You had the same string on the shirt you wore last time. If I'm not mistaken that's a part of a hearing aid. You have a hearing impairment, right?

Comment

• michael_kard
                  • Oct 2010

First of all that is not the contrast-sleeve blazer. It's an older version and the guy's basically trying to convince you otherwise. Looks authentic to me though, and I have yet to see a fake Rick blazer.
                  ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                  Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Lo-ki
                    • Jan 2011

^Thanks The stock list of normally faked brands.........and feedback haunted me....
                    I know some sellers put 1 or 2 real items in their listings, to help provide a legitimate store front.
                    She looked at me, pointed at the string of the back of my BBS jacket and said: You had the same string on the shirt you wore last time. If I'm not mistaken that's a part of a hearing aid. You have a hearing impairment, right?

Comment

• Agent L
                      • Sep 2006

If you're after the 6mm spacer, this is the legit one:

Originally posted by mattizzle View Post
                      Need a CH expert here to tell me if these are fake or not.
                      They are from the same year but one have 1 cross while other have 2 crosses

Or are they both legit?

Comment

• avout
                        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                        you're going to have to wait until you're holding them before you'll be able to tell and even then, it may be difficult.
                        This is what I find a little disturbing. We've seen better fakes with wrong tags, and now this one has the right tag but the garment looked off. When the good fakes start carrying realistic tags, what then?

Comment

• beardown
                          rekoner
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                          First of all that is not the contrast-sleeve blazer. It's an older version and the guy's basically trying to convince you otherwise. Looks authentic to me though, and I have yet to see a fake Rick blazer.
                          I have no comment on the Ebay items but I've seen a lot of fake Rick blazers.

Comment

• michael_kard
                            • Oct 2010

OMG. I will no longer be using the 'I have yet to see' argument, cos clearly i haven't seen shit... Other than the somewhat cheap looking lining, the fake blazer looks ridiculously similar to the real thing, down to the buttons.

Upon further inspection, the blazer above is fake. The tags are very suspicious and it's identical to the fake beardown posted.
                            ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                            Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• beardown
                              rekoner
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by avout View Post
                              This is what I find a little disturbing. We've seen better fakes with wrong tags, and now this one has the right tag but the garment looked off. When the good fakes start carrying realistic tags, what then?
                              In my experience with garments and pattern making, it's actually very easy to dissect a piece, trace the cuts and recreate it pretty accurately. It's very common between brands to do that unfortunately.

But ultimately, I think it boils down to buying from a reputable place only. If it's not retail, then only buy from a seller who you trust and know would recognize a fake.

Some of the rick t-shirts are amazingly close to the originals and from a photo, you can't really tell the difference even up close. With more complex tailoring and fabrics, it's also pretty easy to make that stuff look real through a photo. It really is getting bad out there. Stick to reputable sellers and retail if you fear getting snared.

Comment

• beardown
                                rekoner
                                • Feb 2009

For future reference and for what it's worth, this is the way a real Rick tag should look. It's almost like the text has been halftoned or stippled but as you can tell, it's not just outright printing like the fake ones:

(Apologies for the size of the image but I made it large so you can see the subtleties of the printing/text, etc.)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎