Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lo-ki
    • Jan 2011

Next, they'll be producing the R.O choco's...thanks the wallet salutes you Beardown. Mayday - I'll down a beverage or 2 in your name
    Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
    OMG. I will no longer be using the 'I have yet to see' argument, cos clearly i haven't seen shit... Other than the somewhat cheap looking lining, the fake blazer looks ridiculously similar to the real thing, down to the buttons.

Upon further inspection, the blazer above is fake. The tags are very suspicious and it's identical to the fake beardown posted.
    She looked at me, pointed at the string of the back of my BBS jacket and said: You had the same string on the shirt you wore last time. If I'm not mistaken that's a part of a hearing aid. You have a hearing impairment, right?

Comment

• cmitso412
      • Feb 2010

I got these poplin shorts awhile back and have worn them a TON. I have received a bunch of stuff from the guy with no issue with authenticity, so I never questioned them. After reading through the recent posts on this thread I decided to check out the tags and now I'm not sure. I took pictures of the tags and cut of the shorts compared to a couple other pairs that I know are authentic. The poplin pair is older as the other two are from the last 2-3 seasons. Here are a few pictures if anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it!
      I also included a pic of the zipper of the poplin pair.

The xs is the one in question
      Last edited by cmitso412; 05-06-2012, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• beardown
        rekoner
        • Feb 2009

Fake.

Sell them to me at reduced rate.

I'm about 99% sure that the tags I posted (above) are from SS08 shorts of a similar style (with the cut at the bottom of the leg) that were 100%
        rayon. The zipper looks real but again, it's so hard to be certain these days.

You may want to compare stitching on the labels, I can't say whether or not the printing has ever veered from the stippled type. I'm not home right now or I would check all of my other stuff for you.

If you have a scanner, you may want to scan the tag rather than shoot it with a camera...someone else may be able to chime in.
        Originally posted by mizzar
        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• beardown
          rekoner
          • Feb 2009

Fuck that guy. His reputation precedes him in all kinds of ways. He was sketchy as fuck from the very beginning, he lied to a lot of people, he's misrepresented products and most of all, he's tried to abuse his privileges on sufu, continually ignored the mods and purposefully tried to take over the entire front page of their classifieds to create his little store full of products he may or may not even have.

Whoever buys from him at this point deserves whatever misery that befalls them. There are a lot of sellers who did it right who sell a lot of products and who have avoided any major complaints. So it's not just the nature of what he's done; it's just as much of how he's treated customers and potential customers and this overly aggressive dickness that has pissed off a lot of people individually.

Comment

• Lane
            • Aug 2010

yah, the worst part is the douchebag sends a email badmouthing me and upsilonkng for telling the truth about him. Says im lying, hes scum. He is claiming that I was misleading myself into thinking the hoody he sold me was pre-production DD, when in fact his conversation with me on sufu conflicts with his testimony about our transaction.

He also has the audacity to send me PMs that I should delete my posts as if I'm making false accusations about my paypal dispute against him which took a month to settle cuz he actually tried to win it. Even though he paints himself as honest and says that he will gladly refund items people aren't happy with, which is absolute bullshit. According to some people he didn't even refund their $10 deposit for the collection buy for aw12, so I don't know whats up with the people backing this guy up, but fuck it...no pity for the majority.
            Last edited by Lane; 05-07-2012, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• diorowen
              • Aug 2010

agreed with Lane, I chimed in for the aw12 buy out of curiosity how good the pricing can be for Julius.
              aside from the item, this guy's service is just terrible. and asking a refund is impossible. your only way is raising a dispute which takes a month to take your money back.
              bottom line, don't buy anything from him. too much risk.

aside from that,
              @cmitso412,
              I checked my poplin, and the word "xs" seems different from mine.
              mind if I ask where do you get it from?

Rick's knock off is basically everywhere now.
              check chinese taobao for example.
              and what's really surprising is, they even made the tag, and even the thick tag showing which season it is from. but of course, its really different in term of material (both tag and item)
              till now I can't really tell the difference in photos unless I touch it myself.
              still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• Uncontrol
                • Feb 2008

Asking Price: $750 through Paypal. This is a pre-owned Rick Owens leather jacket in excellent condition with no flaws whatsoever. This is a rare piece and you will not come across an opportunity like this to pick up this particular piece anywhere else. This iconic Rick Owens piece is made with bl...

is this fake? can't understand why nobody has picked it up

Comment

• Lane
                  • Aug 2010

its not fake, leathers just take a while to sell, even at that price I guess. Plus, he hasn't been bumping his thread, its sufu.

Comment

• wurm
                    • Nov 2010

It's no longer for sale. I tried to buy it from him a while back but he decided to keep it.

Comment

• shuit
                      • Apr 2012

What do you guys think about this bomber this seller list? the material looks right but the tag is incredibly scary.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Rick-Owe...t_16536wt_1189

tag:

Comment

• beardown
                        rekoner
                        • Feb 2009

Go back to page 39 of this thread and compare these tags with the tags Dawn posted. Then go to page 40 of this thread and compare both of those to the tags that I posted.

These days, I'm afraid to outright call something fake but you can do the comparison and the math visually with those tags without going to *too* much trouble.

One thing you can always count on though: if something becomes popular, there are people out there knocking it off.

Comment

• michael_kard
                          • Oct 2010

I'm not sure if you're right beardown cos I've had authentic Rick items in the past whose tags were not 'pixelated' like the ones you posted. I'm not sure whether the jacket above is authentic, just saying.

Also I know an item from Yoox (so authentic) came with a fabric label attached to the synthetic one like the one above.
                          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• wedjat
                            • Jan 2011

yeah, could well be a sample or something...

but you know the jacket is only priced that high due to some celebrity douchebags wearing it...

Comment

• Dawn
                              • Mar 2009

So I was looking for some Rick tops and came across these. I then emailed the seller with a lowball offer of $200 CAD for two t-shirts, all inclusive shipped to Canada. I received a message back telling me to give my PayPay email address. I had a dejavu this morning and remembered I dealt with a seller a while back that also happened to be located in Canada, has multiple sizes (M + L) in stock of each item, and has feedback with only private auctions.

Page 19 of this thread can be found with more information of this seller. Seems like the seller has resurfaced under the new name, dclothing.

You can compare the two auctions (old and new). Format is pretty much the same.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...vip=true&rt=nc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GIVENCHY12-P...item3cc67eca5f

Comment

• tron
                                • Dec 2010

yeah those are fake - I asked about one of his shirts previously and apparently it wasn't even made in the color being offered
                                "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎