Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shuit
    • Apr 2012

it is really scary that the details of the zippers and material used is extremely similar to the authentic jacket. without the tag it would be very difficult to distinguish whether this is legit or not.

ps: Dawn, those sellers are selling fake for a while now. they change their names all the times after a few report. look out.

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
      Banned
      • Jun 2011

seller offering refund nvm
      Last edited by 0JSIMPS0N; 05-26-2012, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• nahneun
        • Feb 2011

your answer is three posts above...

Comment

• mattizzle
          • Oct 2011

RO creepers

Need a check on these boots

I tried googling the Model Number RU 6874 but nothing comes up?

Comment

• josecc
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by mattizzle View Post
            Need a check on these boots

I tried googling the Model Number RU 6874 but nothing comes up?
            As I said in the previous question, I was going to buy those boots in the same store (online) that this seller, but as you show in one of your pictures, this guy bought the only three pairs (I thought they were only two). Yeah, these boots are legit, I think from AW 10. You guys must negotiate a good price (well below the 600 GBP he is asking over ebay).

Comment

• beardown
              rekoner
              • Feb 2009

Just a note to point out that there seems to be a shit ton of fake Rick/DRKSHDW clothes on Ebay right now and a fair warning. If you don't mind paying for fakes, carry on. If you're concerned, make sure to ask for detail shots of labels, tags and that kind of thing before buying.

Keep in mind that it's not just basics that are getting knocked off en masse, it's blazers, jackets, leathers, pants, boots, you name it.

We know this stuff is produced, it's just that up until now, only a handful of sellers were constantly pushing it on Ebay...these days, there are many. Some of them carry multiple sizes (which is a bad sign for a personal seller), some claim to have purchased them from 'secondary' buyers.

So for what it's worth, just be aware and cautious, again, if that kind of thing concerns you.
              Originally posted by mizzar
              Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• josecc
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                I agree with you. But you have to take into account other issue, in this moment many sellers from UK (well, maybe 3-4) have or had a lot and diverse of Rick/DRKSHDW stuff from 09/10 because a big discount store here got a lot of old stock with ridiculous discounted prices. Almost all this RO stock has been sold, but it was really cheap for instance I saw this online at 150 GBP:

I do not think reselling is wrong (in fact, I have done it), I know some people get angry with this, but after all, a consumer does not always consider the seller's profit margin as a weight for his consumption choice. Maybe the reseller could get a nice profit, and the buyer could get a product with a good price.
                Last edited by josecc; 06-22-2012, 01:01 PM. Reason: the previous link does not work anymore

Comment

• beardown
                  rekoner
                  • Feb 2009

I'm not talking about any issues with reselling, I'm talking about selling some of the many fake items that are saturating the market and have become more and more visible in the past year.

We've seen fakes here and there over the past 4 years. About a year ago, it picked up quite a bit with single, dedicated sellers distributing the fake shit...mostly basics...and now we're starting to see even more and more.

Why are we talking about this? Each person can make up their own mind as to whether or not something is fake. I'm not talking about Century 21 or TJ Maxx or whatever selling old, leftover pieces. There's a difference between 4 year old deadstock and shit that was made in china to dupe buyers. It's getting tougher and tougher to tell but my singular message was this:

Buy carefully on Ebay because the fakes are becoming more and more popular. Simple as that.

Comment

• michael_kard
                    • Oct 2010

Holy shit a Rick Owens blazer for 80 pounds...
                    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• josecc
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                      Buy carefully on Ebay because the fakes are becoming more and more popular. Simple as that.

Yes, I agree with you, I was not implying anything different. I said that just in case someone is wondering why there are a lot of RO items from UK sellers with low prices, it is something temporary of course. And having seen fake RO in the past, I thing the better way to check the authenticity is seeing the tags and with very detailed photos of the fabric, and in the shoes I suppose the fakes (if so) come with a box and dustbag very different that the authentics, but I think these still do not come with these two elements. I suppose in the near future will be more difficult to differentiate because RO is more famous every day.

Comment

• beardown
                        rekoner
                        • Feb 2009

OK, dude. Whatever.

That post was a fair warning to members I did as a kind of public service announcement for buyers to be cautious. You're agreeing (actually repeating) what I said about checking labels, tags and asking for extra photos but you're reminding people that not all Rick products on Ebay are fake.

Yes. Not all Rick/drkshdw products on ebay are fake. That is a given. As a community, this has been an ongoing discussion and people are always free to ask for advice and post links/photos of the items in question in this thread. That is why it exists.

What is it with this recent rash of passive-aggressive 'I agree but I disagree' posts lately? We're not talking about physics or law here.

Comment

• josecc
                          • Feb 2012

No, maybe it is a misunderstanding for my not highly proficient english. I just wanted to give some additional information about a specific amount of UK sellers that in this moment have some RO items that could be easily confounded by fakes. I really agree with you, that is all, I did not want to repeat.

Comment

• mattizzle
                            • Oct 2011

need a check on these
                            Last edited by mattizzle; 06-28-2012, 12:02 AM. Reason: removed link

Comment

• eleven crows
                              • Mar 2011

I don't know. It seems a little uncredible to me...

Comment

• josecc
                                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by mattizzle View Post
                                Yes, I think these are legit but with defects and without the dust bags. I suppose this guy got those boots from a discount store.
                                Last edited by josecc; 06-28-2012, 10:22 AM. Reason: link does not work anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎