Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guardimp
    • Jun 2010

I would agree the item is likely a fake. These tags look like nothing I've seen before.

Comment

• savant
      • Jul 2011

Legit check on this double layer cotton tee from 'Crust' season please. Something tells me the tags looks a bit off compared to my current one. Could be different tag design back then? That's all I have at the moment, unfortunately.

Experts feel free to chime in

Last edited by savant; 10-15-2014, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• nvsnli
        • Mar 2013

Fake?
        There is something i cant put my finger to it.
        They feel so light compared to other Rick shoes i had and considering that they have been re-soled the toebox looks too untouched.

Comment

• Crowzer
          • Feb 2011

They looks legit but hard to confirm.

Comment

• nvsnli
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Crowzer View Post
            They looks legit but hard to confirm.
            Could i take other pictures to make it easier to confirm?

They do feel and look legit but they are bit slimmer and smaller in size than my previous dunks and weight less.

Comment

• islinn
              • Sep 2013

Rick Owens DRKSHDW Torrence Cut waxed jeans. Legit or not?

Comment

• josecc
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by islinn View Post
                Rick Owens DRKSHDW Torrence Cut waxed jeans. Legit or not?
                Following the tradition of "Rick Owens, legit or not", I must say in this case you have a legit item, may I ask why do you think the opposite?

Comment

• islinn
                  • Sep 2013

Originally posted by josecc View Post
                  Following the tradition of "Rick Owens, legit or not", I must say in this case you have a legit item, may I ask why do you think the opposite?
                  It's a bargain.
                  +
                  I'm from Poland- weird shit happens here.

Comment

• hngredd
                    • Oct 2014

Legit check this guy
                    Does anyone in here trade with this guy ? He seems to have good feedback with 735 stars but the price is suspicious

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                      • Oct 2010

Coming across this was particularly alarming because I hadn't yet seen decent fakes of the higher-end Celine, but I can say with total certainty that this person is selling fake Celine.

http://stores.ebay.com/BOOMBAYEH

I'm posting this here because this person sells items that likely appeal to some segment of SZ, such as DH, Givenchy, Saint Laurent, Balmain (yeah, yeah, some might say that guys buying this stuff perhaps deserve it, but when someone starts dipping their tainted fingers into my beloved Celine, OG Balenciaga, etc, then I begin to feel twinges of vigilante-ism.)

Note: it is important to point out that I have not examined all of what this person sells comprehensively, and as such, I can not say definitively that this person only sell fakes. However, I'm gonna take a little risk and suggest that if this person is willing to carry and sell all fake Celine, that it seems to reason that this seller is taking similar shortcuts with all that he/she sells. Further, based on my analysis of the goods I felt sufficiently expert to evaluate the quality/authenticity of the goods being offered (0/33 of the Celine items I examined came up clean), it would not be a stretch to suggest that this person deals principally in forged commodities.

What I can say, however, is that in nearly all of the Celine items I inspected closely (online), it was clear that they were fakes, albeit fakes that were good enough to evade the eyes of most who are new to Celine. My determination was made after a comparison of several key pieces against my own examples, which were purchased only from reputable boutiques. Some of the details that stood out to me included things such as incorrect fabric composition for certain garments, incorrect statement regarding where the item was manufactured, improper colors of accessories, improper texture of leathers used in certain garments, and cut of some items, such as trousers, that were completely off.

What is particularly alarming to me is that it appears that they fakers have the labels down pretty well so that it would take an advanced eye to suss out that any particular item exhibiting one of the very well made hang-tags were a fake. One should also note that this person has a 2411 feedback items, and a 100% feedback score.

This should terrify many of you who buy things from eBay without having done a great deal of research beforehand, since it suggests that eBay's self-reporting system from which the consumer is supposed to obtain a sense of security about potential purchases is eminently flawed. In fact, I would go as far as to argue that their feedback system is as reliable a tour on which a bunch of blind are led by the blind.

The lesson I hope you'll take from my little warning is that you ought to use eBay with a great deal of caution, particularly if you are a n00b and you are purchasing items easily and often targeted by forgers, ahem, Rick. Unless you are experienced, or know how to do your due diligence and have access to people/resources that may help you accomplish your due diligence, I would proceed with caution in most situations.

Until then, you should hold these lame-ass poseurs accountable; most of all, you should get in touch with eBay and question their policy of reporting by neophytes as a means of building reputation scores for sellers. Unfortunately, as long as eBay benefits financially from all transactions, regardless of the authenticity of the goods transacted, it's clear they have little incentive to clean up their act...and it certainly won't help if we, the consumers, play dumb out of embarrassment, or because it's simply too much work to pit your word against some seller with 2000+ questionable feedback.

And, if Boombayeh would like to take me on in any public forum, please feel free to get in touch with me.

MBD

p.s. you guys ought to know this...Rick is one of the most counterfeited labels available on ebay, and of the designers SZ users are most interested in, he is undoubtedly within the top two. In short, do your homework.
                      "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                      It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                      My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                        • Jul 2013

I'll have to add to this. I took a chance on a Rick hooded bomber, and it turned out to be fake. The pictures checked out, zippers, tags, etc., but it turns out he was either not using his own pictures or using pictures he took of a legit jacket and sent a fake one. He even sent a picture of a receipt. Maybe he bought it, took pictures, and then returned it.

If I didn't have any experience with Rick, I could have been fooled. There were just a few details that were off that clued me in, but I could see those being adjusted very easily by counterfeiters in the future.

I always thought the ebay buyer protection plan was keeping me safe, but it turned out to be a huge headache, and you have to jump through hoops just to talk to anyone about a dispute. The best case scenario is that the seller offers a return for 'item not as described,' but I don't know that I would trust anyone selling fakes with that. It seems like they could just say "this isn't the same item I sent" or "item was damaged by buyer." My seller (vanvanperfect on ebay, email/paypal Quitin Haage qhaage@hotmail.com) deleted the listing right away after shipping and I found his account was no longer registered, maybe to avoid negative feedback or because he got nailed on a different sale.

Otherwise, you'll have to find a place to provide written documentation that the item is indeed fake within a very strict time frame, which is very difficult. I don't think most fashion houses will do this for you, they generally don't want to be involved with this sort of thing. There are some places online that claim to do this, but a lot of them are also scammers if you do some research on them and I don't know if ebay even accepts their documentation. So I ended up having to take off of work to drive a long way and get the item (un)authenticated to get my money back.

Basically, ebay is just really dirty and not trustworthy in any sort of way unless you know exactly who the seller is (ie, forum member with a history, an extention of a known consignment shop, etc.), even if they provide 'legit' pictures and a receipt.
                        bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Gauche
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                          Coming across this was particularly alarming because I hadn't yet seen decent fakes of the higher-end Celine, but I can say with total certainty that this person is selling fake Celine.

http://stores.ebay.com/BOOMBAYEH

[..]
                          If you anyone had issues with this seller, you can contact him directly on Facebook at ali.nabibaks
                          (mods, feel free to delete my message if non-appropriate)

Comment

• Monoral
                            • Mar 2014

Hello!

could someone confirm this

thank you

Comment

• blackfedora
                              • Jan 2012

^ All the details look right on those P13's. You can cross reference some of the pics here. I might ask for a re-measure of the waist as he says they are XL and fit like a 32. This contrasts with the general sizing on this exact model of pants which is closer to: M = 48, L = 50 based on numerous pairs that I have seen sold here and elsewhere.

Comment

• Monoral
                                • Mar 2014

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
                                ^ All the details look right on those P13's. You can cross reference some of the pics here. I might ask for a re-measure of the waist as he says they are XL and fit like a 32. This contrasts with the general sizing on this exact model of pants which is closer to: M = 48, L = 50 based on numerous pairs that I have seen sold here and elsewhere.
                                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎