X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neongud
    • Mar 2013

A few good tells:

Model number inside the shoe - try linking it up to the supposed season and finish.

Stitching - This is where most fakes fall short. It's usually pretty sloppy, compared to the very fine stitches on real RO.

Earlier it was easy to spot a fake in that they never seemed to have the right zippers or the signature on the outsole or insole, but they have gotten more advanced lately. It can be really hard to spot a fake if you have no previous experience with the brand.

Comment

• apathy!
      • Jan 2014

The model number is 28692. Is there any reliable way of checking this against past cargobasket model numbers?

I found this picture on rakuten global:

The leather on that insole looks like the leather in my creepers. It has that shine that the one in the cargobaskets lacks.

The shoes even have the gold RO fabric composition tag. I guess those wouldn't be too hard to acquire though.

When I hold the light up to the inside of the shoe I can see small glue/silver pencil markings here and there but those were present in my legit RO shoes too.

I think I might Get in contact with the seller and ask him some questions or else engineer some elaborate internet sting operation.

If anyone has any other ideas of things to check for it is greatly appreciated.

THanks, everyone.

Comment

• josecc
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by apathy! View Post

these look legit to me, just my opinion, I think you just got bad luck with the insole, but lets see what the others think

Comment

• apathy!
          • Jan 2014

Some more images. Note the difference in finish on the tongue of the shoe on the right. I guess some inconsistency is to be expeted, though.

http://i.imgur.com/p55CZ5J.png

http://i.imgur.com/Nl90GRo.png

http://i.imgur.com/kOf3R4U.png

http://i.imgur.com/gxJZcrQ.png

Comment

• rickandjulius
            • Feb 2014

Wow that first picture. They don't even look like the same leather was used.

Comment

• Nickefuge
              • Nov 2014

The first picture reminds me of the truck driver whose face aged a lot more on the side of the window:

EDIT: They look legit to me, maybe it´s just a production flaw. Did you get them used or at an official retailer? Btw, has anyone else had that sticker on the sole?
              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• apathy!
                • Jan 2014

^
                They are second hand. I have emailed RO customer service about this.

Thanks for the help everyone. I will post the results back here.

Comment

• hausofblaq
                  • Oct 2014

I have no experience with Devoa so I was wondering if anyone could provide a legit check on these.

Link

Any help would be appreciated!

Also, is it a good purchase? It'll be my first pair of derbies so I'm wondering if it's a good place to start for that price point (price for value).

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by hausofblaq View Post
                    I have no experience with Devoa so I was wondering if anyone could provide a legit check on these.

Link

Any help would be appreciated!

Also, is it a good purchase? It'll be my first pair of derbies so I'm wondering if it's a good place to start for that price point (price for value).
                    Looks legit to me (from a basic search of the Devoa lookbook). Assuming they're real (Devoa experts want to chime in?), they should be a great purchase.

Comment

• Atom
                      • Sep 2009

They're legit Devoa derbies, no doubt about it. They retailed about 60000-70000 Yen (reletively cheap) in Japan, still a very good find IMO.

EDIT: Did a quick search, the pics are from here. Hope the seller is the same person.http://supertalk.superfuture.com/ind...014/?p=3120795

Comment

• hausofblaq
                        • Oct 2014

Thanks for the info Lohikaarme and Atom, might have to pass up on them though. The sizing is kind of throwing me off, especially since the seller isn't including insoles, not sure how accurate the measurements are.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                          • Nov 2014

Is this legit? RO Stooges from September 2013, seller says it´s calf leather:

Thanks in advance! :)
                          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• hausofblaq
                            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                            Is this legit? RO Stooges from September 2013, seller says it´s calf leather:

Thanks in advance! :)
                            No personal experience, but this was actually brought up in Recent Purchases a while back, hopefully this helps:

Originally posted by nicelynice View Post
                            That jacket is legit, LGI is one of the lightest (and IMO, worst) leathers that Rick has used. It's a thin lamb, the prices on the LGI jackets were about half a grand cheaper than the other leathers. I'd definitely save up for a sturdier leather, especially on a jacket like the stooges.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                              • Nov 2014

That´s exactly what I was afraid of. Thank you!
                              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• alphax010
                                • Jan 2013

Hi guys,

Need a legit check on this rdrkshdw parka. Seller notes that it's from fw10 wich I believe is right.. accept no inner tag ?? only the drkshdw logo ??

thanks in advance!!
                                Last edited by alphax010; 12-11-2014, 09:35 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎