X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Re: Alexander McQueen Homme FW 07-08

I really like this. It seems he's getting more experimental with the men's collection which is great, too many designers have wonderfully creative women's wear but then really boring and safe menswear. My favorite look is the first one with the lightweight grey coatand white piping. Man, some of these models look freaky though, he even made Danny Beauchamp look bad haha. I guess it's the lack of eyebrows...
    music

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

I like the piping on the first two looks posted. The man himself is
      also looking rather good. Somehow I suspect he wouldn't be caught dead
      in any of this, which makes me rather ambivalent about the collection.

That bag in the third post is fantastic, though.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• nqth
        • Sep 2006

Idon't know, Faust :-)Chalayan is experimenting with fashion, in both clothes and presentation. He is always looking for sth new.

McQueen is kind of having fun still, imo, playing around with same good ideas and techniques he is known of.It's different approach. And those are maybevery theatrical and wonderful, stillnot sth that hasan "universal" value. I might have to think over it, but it is my feeling, tho:-)And I am not just speaking about men fashion.

Comment

• sbw4224
          • Sep 2006

McQueen's shows have always been interesting to look at, but I wonder who his clientele is. I've never liked any type of piping on jackets, so a lot of his outerwear I'm not a big fan of. I do like the interesting pieces on the more "ninja" like models, however.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎