X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Agent L
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
    love this, was just saying how a neck tattoo is one of the surest signs you've given up.
    Given up on what?

Comment

• Peasant
      • Jul 2009

Exactly.. given up on giving a fuck about what other people think? Which is awesome.

Comment

• interest1
        • Nov 2008

boys will be boys...

On a different note:

I can't seem to stop staring at this person's ass.
        It appears Eastern Europe is slipping through the cracks.
        sain't

Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by cjbreed

.....countdown to image deletion.....

edit - image won't show. must be a sign....saved by fate

.*Link works juuuuust fine when you subscribe to a thread and click on it from your email.

..What was that guy thinkin'???! Mom must be proud..
          sain't

Comment

• MikeN
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by mixmaster7_91 View Post
            Whenever someone tells me a doctor should not have tattoos, I show them this

That's my doctor!!!

Comment

• AKA*NYC
              • Nov 2007

i didn't know there was a health clinic in williamsburg
              LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• mrbeuys
                • May 2008

Originally posted by Eternal
                ...what he charges for a session. I know I can contact him directly, but don't want to schedule anything yet as I have to plan a trip for it. Most likely I can just get the time to get something done that requires two sessions.
                Not really relating to your question (of course you can ask what he charges), but I really have a hard time understanding the way some people approach pricing for their tattoos. Some don't think twice about dropping 1-2k on a pair of boots (well, maybe twice, but they still cop) but suddenly when it's on your skin, permanently, some people try to barter and complain about a top guy charging £200 for an hour. Don't get it. And I have seen it loads.
                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
                  • Oct 2010

I don't really understand that either. I would never stinge on a tattoo as it is there for life. One of the few things I can think off that are pretty much permanent (yea I know you can remove it with laser but do you really want to go through that?).

Recently wanted to get a half sleeve done by a guy over in Sydney and was told there is a 1.5 to 2 year wait! I don't really get this...does this mean he is basically booked up 9 - 5 everyday for the next 1.5 to 2 years? Or is this some kind of marketing strategy to increase hype? I mean I can understand 3 or 4 months, but 2 yrs is just ridiculous.

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

that is pretty crazy, I've heard about some artists booking 6 months or so in advance, but 2 years is pretty much over the top. can anyone be that good? maybe he travels / works elsewhere partially..?

I tried booking with Regino Gonzales last december, and his schedule was full for 3 months which seems reasonable for a relatively popular artist. I recall hearing Hooper's availability to be about the same, this was some time ago though.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• crz
                      • Apr 2008

i cant even plan 2 months away, let alone 2 years.
                      what's the artist's name? kian?

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
                        • Oct 2010

Yup it's kian, got anyway to help me jump the list?

I've been told the only way to jump the list is to do a 'VIP Session' with him which occasionally he has available like a weekend or something. While it is more expensive, the main issue is I don't think I can sit a whole day let alone half a day without a break. Here's a video of someone doing one:

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kLN1QOFRJDQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• mrbeuys
                          • May 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                          that is pretty crazy, I've heard about some artists booking 6 months or so in advance, but 2 years is pretty much over the top. can anyone be that good? maybe he travels / works elsewhere partially..?
                          Well, try booking him >

Pretty much impossible now, I heard he's moving into the mountains.
                          And I think Rinsing, who's running the studio has similar lead times now.
                          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• couturehomme
                            • Oct 2008

anybody know of top tattoo artists in chicago?

i wanna get 2 tattoos this summer and while there are many tattoo places in chicago, i wanna go all out and go to the "best" artist..I have no idea who's tops out here..

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                              • Nov 2007

it stands to reason that the guys who do the japanese traditional style body suits have longer lead times since the volume of work on each customer and piece is so immense. in general i think the lead time pertains to the piece one requests: if you want a entire sleeve or half sleeve it's going to take longer than if you want to pop in and have thomas hooper poke an upside down pentagram onto your palm.

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

holy shit. that guy's amazing^

gotta be confident doing those yakuza guys

edit - not that guy. the guy mr b linked to
                                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎