X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mixmaster7_91
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT View Post
    No idea about the white ink, he said its possible.
    He had japanese stuff on both of his arms which he got in his early twenties and didn't like anymore. So he got this completey covered to start from scratch.
    My artist had some parts of his arms blacked out to cover up stuff he didn't like, but he just left them black. Never knew you could put white ink over it. Sounds like a pretty good idea if it works though. Do you think you can grab some photos the next time you're there? I'm really intrigued...

Comment

• Matis
      • Feb 2010

Tattooing with white ink over black will just brighten the black or mash up. I mean you can do it but it wont look like "pure" white.
      Friend wanted to add something white over his black rib tattoo: it didnt work so he extended the black tattoo and left out few lines that he covered with white later.
      The problem with white tattoos is discoloration, it can turn yellowish on some people. They use it to fade out black tattoos before cover ups.

Comment

• bestial
        • Jun 2008

This sounds awesome T ! I had some correspondence with Guy when he was i Thailand a couple of months ago, trying to book something in Berlin this summer. Unfortunately my Berlin-trip got fucked up so now I can't do it, a real bummer.

Looking forward to see the piece he did on you!

Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by wire.artist

fuck, I'm doomed...
          Well, look at it this way, A: it's one less pair of trousers you'll be adding to your stable of Yohji.

Be it clothing, architecture, furniture, even music – I've always felt that what isn't added is equally important as what is.
          I love the way use of negative space in this tat gives it as much impact as the actual ink. Balance, perfected.

sain't

Comment

• sshum88
            • Dec 2007

I had a chance to see Shige's work up close at a tattoo convention a couple of years ago. His work is really amazing and some of his imagery can be seen in his book, which I think is available off his website.

Originally posted by Agent L View Post
            Anyone familiar with Yellow Blaze? Shige's work is pretty amazing. Different style than Filip's work but another unique touch on Japanese.

http://www.yellowblaze.net/shige/gal...omp/index.html
            Originally posted by eat me
            If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• nadir
              • May 2011

Originally posted by arc View Post
              My first tattoo
              Love the simplicity and geometry!

Comment

• chomeo
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                Well, look at it this way, A: it's one less pair of trousers you'll be adding to your stable of Yohji.

Be it clothing, architecture, furniture, even music – I've always felt that what isn't added is equally important as what is.
                I love the way use of negative space in this tat gives it as much impact as the actual ink. Balance, perfected.

this is great! I'm never into tattoo but this is a great since you can give the girls some clothes later if you get bore.

something like one of those traditional Vietnamese free flowing dresses.

Comment

• arc
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by nadir View Post
                  Love the simplicity and geometry!

Thank you

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                    • Nov 2007

i really enjoyed this first part of a documentary on dan santoro of smith street:

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• graydot
                      • Aug 2009

kind of gimmicky but interesting nonetheless

Gain access to more creative minds at http://www.facebook.com/ballantines.On June the 16th 2011 Paris based tattoo artist K.A.R.L. realised the first ever an...

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                        • Oct 2009

This is very nice, 30 minutes about the NYC tatoo scene with great interviews (Thomas Hooper etc.)!
                        The Gypsy Gentleman Episode 1: New York City. Marcus Kuhn presents the first edition of a brand new tattoo and travel magazine. Featuring Interviews with Thomas…
                        "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• mrbeuys
                          • May 2008

^wonderful. Very eloquent and great insight into the mind of one of my favourite tattoo artists (TH that is)
                          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                            ^wonderful. Very eloquent and great insight into the mind of one of my favourite tattoo artists (TH that is)
                            Indeed and what a nice and deep person he seems to be.
                            "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I want two new tattoos. And a new couch, and a bicycle and two repaints my wall. Midlife crisis?
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                I want two new tattoos. And a new couch, and a bicycle and two repaints my wall. Midlife crisis?
                                nah all this sounds reasonable enough. if you wanted 22 new tattoos and a harley then yes.
                                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎