Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Creep
    • Oct 2011

one thing ive learnt after getting tattooed is that no matter how sure you are at that moment that you can live with it for life, regret always follows . and thats the pain you have to live with. and im rather inked up ( chest, rib, back).
    hip hop died with biggie and pac.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by nictan View Post
      im unfamiliar with the ethics in this regard. but is it 'insulting' to an artist if i bring an extremely simple design to a really good artist?
      I don't think this is a problem, of course depending on how simple we are talking. My tattoos have been replicas of photos/sketches, my back piece was done by a relatively high profile artist and he didn't mind simply replicating the image I had.

I only have a few tattoos though so I can't say that I would have very wide experience on this. you can always show the idea to the artist before hand (some might ask you to e-mail it) and they will let you know if it works for them.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• nictan
        • Jul 2009

thank you all. guess the best thing for me is to contact the artist beforehand and try to talk/work things out with him.

i completely understand the fact that they would prefer having some input on the design, and to be looked/treated as artists and not just 'some tattooer'. but as the design i have in mind will reflect my ideas/experiences/influences, it'll be pretty specific.

Creep: i too am prepared for the fact that i possibly regret any design, which is why I'm trying to get one that means something that is permanent since this is probably the first and last tattoo i'll ever get. i'll want it to symbolize me as an individual. like that, even if i do regret the aesthetic design, i won't regret the meaning behind it.

Comment

• MikeN
          • Nov 2007

Just got this one yesterday from Ethan Morgan at Rivington Tattoo.

It's Peter Lorre, and it's still a bit swollen and red.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Well executed.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
              • May 2008

Vice feature on Freddy Corbin.

VICE is the definitive guide to enlightening information.
              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• MikeN
                • Nov 2007

Got this today from Maxime Buchi

Comment

• rider
                  eyes of the world
                  • Jun 2009

i saw on the news the other day that instead of medic alert bracelets and necklaces getting a tattoo is another format that might pick up steam. i like that idea as long as emergency responders are informed of the possibility.

Comment

• Peasant
                    • Jul 2009

Both look good, Mike. You're stocking up lately.

Comment

• michael_kard
                      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                      Hillarious.

"How you doin bro? Hey bro... When he says it, you're like, 'yeah bro'"
                      ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• t-bone
                        • Dec 2009

my first in 10 years, from maxime also:

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

sick work mike and T!
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

I've been thinking about subjecting my body to the work of Yann Black and Mr. Hooper. Could make for an interesting blend.

Since Hooper is with Saved and it seems like you have to schedule your appointment in person, does anyone know what the approximate lead time is for a session with him? I'm thinking about a piece on the upper arm to shoulder to shoulder blade.
                            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

I recall hearing that he wasn't even booking new appointments at some point due to being booked so far ahead, not sure what the situation is now though.

Comment

• MikeN
                                • Nov 2007

Yes Thomas is not taking new clients.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎