X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: New American Menswear collection: Robert Geller FW07-08

Bakla, how was the show? Any more pics you can share?
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• bakla
      • Oct 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Bakla, how was the show? Any more pics you can share?[/quote]

I misunderstood when I was told Monday - I thought it was too soon. They meant next Monday. So, no other pics yet! But I will certainly provide them when I get them. There'll be a feature out in DNR on Monday too, according to the email I got that this pic came from.

Jeesh, I feel like such a label pimp![:$]

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

60s Delon and Belmondo look? Can't wait to see pics!!!
        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"]60s Delon and Belmondo look? Can't wait to see pics!!![/quote]

Bah, you are just excited someone knows Belmondo in the US [;)]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nairb49
            • Dec 2006

heheeh, well said.

Looks intriguing so far, I will be very curious to see at what pricepoint this will be set. For some reason, my personal feeling is that it will be at or above Cloak.

Don't know particularly why, just a hunch ;)

(now that I've put my prediction down in writing, its going to be dirt cheap. i hope. )

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

I hope it's atleast somewhere close to his Harald line, which is nowhere near as expensive as Cloak but not exactly cheap either.

Comment

• minja
                • Dec 2006

Jesus, I want that jacket too. That looks great.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]I hope it's atleast somewhere close to his Harald line, which is nowhere near as expensive as Cloak but not exactly cheap either.[/quote]

It's pretty damn expensive, actually, from what I've seen.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Yea, it is expensive. Harald leather bomber-$907, Harald dot dress-$436 but it's still no Cloak pricing. I just hope it's somewhere in the neighborhood of $120-150 for button ups, $150-400 for knit tops, $150-250 for bottoms, and $300-1000 for jackets. And to think, I find those prices somewhat 'reasonable'. lol

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="Fuuma"]60s Delon and Belmondo look? Can't wait to see pics!!![/quote]

Bah, you are just excited someone knows Belmondo in the US [;)]

[/quote]

Hahaha, well, while I wouldn't say the characters they played in the 60s are a direct inspiration for how I dress, their color choices (i.e.navy suit+white shirt+black tie) and specific attitude towards clothing and personal appearance (carefree dandy, very referential)are close to my heart. Jean-Pierre Melville was fascinated by clothes and wouldmold his actors outlook and personality, notably using clothes he had the best tailor in Paris make for them. He also loved using anachronistic details like those amazing fedoras and trench coats.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• mass
                        • Sep 2006

haha, somehow when i read that about belmondo i knew i wouldn't be the only one who was instantly sold. :D i think vincent gallo has a pretty unique style also... i once read a (negative) review of the brown bunny that said gallo dresses like a 'greasy french guy'.

Comment

• bakla
                          • Oct 2006

Okay, so I got to the presentation early, and I was saddened to hear that more than 70% of the samples had gotten stuck at customs. That's gotta suck! So the presentation, while very cool and moody and in a nice Soho space, was limited to only 9 looks. The looks that were there were cool, although I didn't see some of the pieces I had previewed in photos and had wanted to see in person. Sorry for the crap photos, but some cameraman kept getting in my way and I had to continuously dodge him. Anyhow, these were what were presented. Overall feeling? Very wearable, with just enough quirks, but I think I would wait for the rest of the collection (before placing my orders, I mean - there are so many thing I want from here because they may great everyday not-so-basics).

Comment

• minomni
                            • Oct 2006

i like. in particular the coats with the corners buttoned back [has this been done before?], kind of creates a voluminous cutaway form/shape. keen on the leather jacket too, glad to see he retained the curved hem used on some of the cloak jackets from fall 04, which was one of my favorite styling details. show me more [:P]

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

I really like looks 1,3,6, and 7.
                              The shirt and trousers in the first outfit look nice and although I don't think I would rock the suspenders, they do give it a little something extra in an otherwise plain outfit.
                              I really like the black jacket in the third outfit but I might be bothered to death with those leather (?) ties on the wrists. Probably wouldn't be hard to cut them though.
                              I like the vest and jacket look in the 6th outfit. Is that a leather jacket underneath? The shoes also look promising.
                              The sweater in the last outfit looks great and the pants are cool while being rather 'cloak-ish'.

Thanks for the quick update Bakla. That is a bummer about the samples being held up in customs. I wonder where he is getting most of his clothing made?

Comment

• bakla
                                • Oct 2006

[quote user="Casius"]
                                Thanks for the quick update Bakla. That is a bummer about the samples being held up in customs. I wonder where he is getting most of his clothing made?[/quote]
                                The exact quote is they are "produced at the highest quality production facility in Japan."

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎